Author Topic: Muslim Extremist Attempts To Hijack Israeli Airline  (Read 222 times)

CWalker187

Muslim Extremist Attempts To Hijack Israeli Airline
« on: November 17, 2002, 01:23:40 PM »
JERUSALEM (Nov. 17) - Security guards on board an El Al flight have foiled a hijacking attempt, Israel radio says.

The flight was headed from Tel Aviv to Istanbul, Turkey.

Officials at the Istanbul airport say the hijacker was overpowered by security guards and no one was hurt. The suspect is in custody. The plane landed safely in Istanbul.

Israeli radio stations said the man tried to take hostage a cabin attendant and that he was unarmed.

The reports said 170 passengers were on board.

An official at Istanbul's Ataturk International Airport said El Al flight 581 sent out a hijacking signal as it approached Istanbul.

''No one was injured,'' Oktay Cakirlar said.''The terrorist is in custody at the police staion at the airport.''

AP-NY-11-17-02 1610EST

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.  All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 01:24:17 PM by CWalker187 »

RAPQUAKE

Re:Muslim Extremist Attempts To Hijack Israeli Airline
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 02:28:07 PM »
Allah is VERY pissed off :D

JOKING 8)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 08:34:06 PM »
Hijacking is not the solution, but unfortunately what other options do these oppressed have? the world refuses to hear their case,

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

CWalker187

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 08:43:30 PM »
Hijacking is not the solution, but unfortunately what other options do these oppressed have? the world refuses to hear their case,

Lots of groups have been oppressed throughout the history of the world. However, I only know of one group that resorts to driving planes into skyscrapers and setting off bombs inside nightclubs filled with teenagers.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 08:45:48 PM by CWalker187 »