Author Topic: Christ vs Horus.. and alot of other ancient mythical figures  (Read 377 times)

MidWestCoaster

• Lil Geezy
Christ vs Horus.. and alot of other ancient mythical figures
« on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:04 AM »
Has anyone studied the similarities between the two?? I mean, there are far too many similarities it would make one wonder.

Im a Christian to the heart and faith but I think this should be discussed in detail.

Why are there so many similarities and why should one believe the Christ the Bible portrays?

Sikotic™

Re: Christ vs Horus.. and alot of other ancient mythical figures
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:39:14 AM »
Greek mythology and Christianity/Judaism have a lot of similarities. You could make a lot of similarities between Jesus and Hercules too (1/2 man 1/2 god).

It's a recycled idea that different groups of people shared via trading ports thousands of years prior to Christ's birth.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »
Just a question, but can you show me the actual source material for the information on Horus? Because the wiki stuff doesn't really show any similarities to Jesus.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 12:16:22 PM »
It all stems from Sumerian mythology and some Babylonian stuff

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 12:29:47 PM »
Here is a nicely put together thread about connecting the religions together. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread514816/pg1

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 11:18:47 PM »
It all stems from Sumerian mythology and some Babylonian stuff

Yeah but can you show the source material of it to prove the actual particulars that Jesus and Horus have in common it pre-date Christianity. I'm not implying you can't or anything. I'm just asking for more than a few hieroglyphs that barely say anything.

The Overfiend

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »
Horus would kick Christ's ass

The Overfiend

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
Anyway, its Osiris that is the similar one to Christ ye retards. Osiris abolished cannibalism, taught people how to farm the land, be civilized to one another, build stuff, Christ-like behavior you know, plus he was martyred and in death, Osiris arose to reign in the Afterlife.

Whereas Horus is the falcon headed Egyptian god of wisdom - the shape-shifting puppet master god who holds the Book of the Dead. My type of nigga.

Ra is the Creator, and was happy for human-beings to live in the Earth in ignorance and did not allow them to gain knowledge, until Isis (female god and squeeze of Osiris) made a snake (the only creature not created by Ra, but by humans) and let it bite Ra and fuck his shit up, then as Isis had Ra in a compromising position she forced Ra to give up the Knowledge so that humans could rise above themselves. Then Osiris and Isis imparted the Knowledge to people and became as like Gods themselves.

And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.
 He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
-Genesis 3:22

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:27:14 PM by Illuminati Clique »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »
Anyway, its Osiris that is the similar one to Christ ye retards. Osiris abolished cannibalism, taught people how to farm the land, be civilized to one another, build stuff, Christ-like behavior you know, plus he was martyred and in death, Osiris arose to reign in the Afterlife.

Whereas Horus is the falcon headed Egyptian god of wisdom - the shape-shifting puppet master god who holds the Book of the Dead. My type of nigga.

Ra is the Creator, and was happy for human-beings to live in the Earth in ignorance and did not allow them to gain knowledge, until Isis (female god and squeeze of Osiris) made a snake (the only creature not created by Ra, but by humans) and let it bite Ra and fuck his shit up, then as Isis had Ra in a compromising position she forced Ra to give up the Knowledge so that humans could rise above themselves. Then Osiris and Isis imparted the Knowledge to people and became as like Gods themselves.

Osirus = Lucifer the lightbearer

And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.
 He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
-Genesis 3:22

Cali Climate

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »
Here is a nicely put together thread about connecting the religions together. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread514816/pg1

Thanks, great read