Author Topic: 2Pac-Better_Dayz-2CD-2002-RNS  (Read 3022 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:2Pac-Better_Dayz-2CD-2002-RNS
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2002, 07:49:09 PM »
man i got nothin but love for 2pac, but man FUCK this album and FUCK suge and his mama for switchin up the beats, man the OG song should be put out, why the fuck they put a new beat, shit sounds so fuckin gay with a new beat, pac doesnt even sound like himself, the only thing i have a problem with is the production, i want the OG beats, fuckin people dont know what we want......we want the OG shit without your dirty hands fuckin with the songs

right,..thanks for your opinion. i never once questioned his talent and lyrics cause i know he was ahead of his time, and i appreciate HIS music but im just tired of these albums with changed beats. and lmao at all these dickriders gettin mad when ppl have different opinions
« Last Edit: November 15, 2002, 07:58:29 PM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2002, 10:36:05 PM »

The part I find shady as fuck is when peep's want the O.G. beats on the lp's or whatever...I agree the Illegal music we heard before was dope in it's original Drawing board form, but as far as anyone knew {Producer's artists} at the time of making the song...it was material to be stored and fixed and mixed up later, Pac was just droppin' vocal's on studio scrap's.....
Most of those beat's/song's we have so viciously Bootleged since 96' should have never been in our hand's in the first place.
So when we cry about track's that we liked wit' song's that they would have to pay thousand's for in Clearence we are left with an all new lp with music that u were supposed to be hearing for the first time, and we were not even supposed to know it was remixed....lol. ;)

So consider Ourself lucky to have Pac drop so much shitt.
OnE
Hatesrats 2002

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2002, 08:54:32 AM »
i got the the shit but i think they fuck so many classic like 12 Ghetto Star (Feat Nutt-So) bad azz was tight but igot a burner and the og's song and repalcing the track lol ha

02 still ballin is tight  i like trick dady

03 When We Ride On Our Enemies og's better

04 change man is tight sound like world wide mob figgaz pt2

05 fuck em all is tight off the hook pac got great production

06 never be peace is kool to but no storm outlawz new version they got poetry on this track is kool

07 Mama's Just A Little Girl i picture this track like real life shit's

the happen  is like lil bitchez going to party fucking  all theses foolz only trying to kick it and a lil kids growing up with his mon getting abuses.

08 street fame is fuckin tight

09 what'ch gonna do more poetry by the lawz is tight

10 Fair XChange = Boss playa  this shit is tight jazze pha hook this album up with the track i smell next single

11 late night yall heard the game tight iam fuckin bitchez the same night

12 ghetto star  they kill this shit but if got a burner and the og version fuck it lil romeo

13 Thug masion is tight i picture the video a big house like new jACK City were foolz go and get smoke out  ;D

Murrow

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2002, 12:33:57 PM »
So far, I like "Still Ballin" because it has a fresh feel.  Not the old '94-'96 Pac feel we've been stuck with.

I d/l this off IRC and it only gave me the second disc.  Can someone please tell me or hook me up with the second disc?

Don Mega

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Doggpound just for the fuck of it
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2002, 01:39:37 PM »
Why are people not supporting this album because of the beats? What was it that made 2Pac so special? his ability to reach out and make music that most people can relate to, his ability to touch people , his ability to make us think! NOT his beats!

Let me ask you people a question, when u rate a album do u rate the beats or the lyrics? obviously u should rate both but to me it seems like u put 90 % into the beats. 2Pac always put his feelings into every single track... and he was being real everytime. And to be honest... i've heard the better days samples and the beats on this album arent that bad.

its sad what hip hop is becoming. It seems like a constant competition to make dope beats and nothing else. Take a artist like Dre. People glorifies dre like the king of the west coast.... what makes him the king? his beats??? pleeeaaaase! Its funny how i've never heard anyone say "2001 was a dope album... but the lyrics are pointless, therefor ITS NOT A CLASSIC!" Everyone see what i mean? 2001 sold platinum because of the fucking beats, dre could be taking a shit over the still d.r.e beat and go platinum. Dont get me wrong, 2001 is a hella dope album... but it aint classic because his lyrics don't wake any feelings in people.

But 2pacs lyrics does wake feelings! and to me the lyrics are 90-95 % of the album

the people who are unsatisfied with the beats go listen to p. diddy. The rest of us will "settle" with 2Pac

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2002, 03:13:16 PM »
^^^I couldnt of said it better.

And besides, the beats on this album are actually pretty good. Id even go as far to say that some of them are better then the originals, though most of them arent. However, any 2Pac fan should be happy with this album. Its much less watered down than UTEOT, there are less guest appearances, and less fucked up hooks. Bangin album overall........
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2002, 05:38:36 PM »
Why are people not supporting this album because of the beats? What was it that made 2Pac so special? his ability to reach out and make music that most people can relate to, his ability to touch people , his ability to make us think! NOT his beats!

Let me ask you people a question, when u rate a album do u rate the beats or the lyrics? obviously u should rate both but to me it seems like u put 90 % into the beats. 2Pac always put his feelings into every single track... and he was being real everytime. And to be honest... i've heard the better days samples and the beats on this album arent that bad.

its sad what hip hop is becoming. It seems like a constant competition to make dope beats and nothing else. Take a artist like Dre. People glorifies dre like the king of the west coast.... what makes him the king? his beats??? pleeeaaaase! Its funny how i've never heard anyone say "2001 was a dope album... but the lyrics are pointless, therefor ITS NOT A CLASSIC!" Everyone see what i mean? 2001 sold platinum because of the fucking beats, dre could be taking a shit over the still d.r.e beat and go platinum. Dont get me wrong, 2001 is a hella dope album... but it aint classic because his lyrics don't wake any feelings in people.

But 2pacs lyrics does wake feelings! and to me the lyrics are 90-95 % of the album

the people who are unsatisfied with the beats go listen to p. diddy. The rest of us will "settle" with 2Pac

Awful post.

Listen up, pumpkin.  I listen to rap music cos the shit sounds good.  Yah-good lyrics are tight but they should never draw you in.  Music is about sound, poetry is about words.  You got your lines crossed, little one.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Don Mega

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2002, 01:22:32 AM »
I'm sorry my king.

Theres no discussion to be made. You listen to it because it sounds good i listen to it because i like lyrics i can relate to ---- 2 different views. Its cool with me, you just go on and let loose listening to pointless songs.

btw. please don't call me pumpkin, im not interested in being drawn into the homosexual world

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2002, 01:54:57 AM »
i'll have to agree with king

sure lyrics are good, but mostly i listen to songs cause they sound good and cool to bump in the car, i mean scarface has some of the best lyrics  and he is not as popular as some other rappers because his flow/voice/beats dont sound as good

i listen to music because it sounds tight

and about you relating to lyrics....... you relate to 90 percent rappers singing about killing someone, riding bentleys, etc? i doubt that.....

Don Mega

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2002, 04:11:19 AM »
i'll have to agree with king

sure lyrics are good, but mostly i listen to songs cause they sound good and cool to bump in the car, i mean scarface has some of the best lyrics  and he is not as popular as some other rappers because his flow/voice/beats dont sound as good

i listen to music because it sounds tight

and about you relating to lyrics....... you relate to 90 percent rappers singing about killing someone, riding bentleys, etc? i doubt that.....

If you read more closely i said that when i listen to 2Pac the lyrics are 90 percent to me. Sure i buy alot of albums that i just listen to and think are dope (like 2001) but i can't really relate to them. So when rappers talk about bentleys and killing people i just listen to it and thats it... i don't relate to it. I'm not saying 2Pac didn't have these kind of songs cus he did, but he had alot of mind blowing lyrics as well.

About the scarface issue. I think scarface is one of the dopest rappers ever because of his lyrics, its true that he's not as popular as other rappers but that really doesnt mean shit these days when dudes like p. diddy, nelly, ja rule etc. are some of the most recognised "rappers"

Im just saying its cool that u listen to it because it sounds dope... i do too but that doesnt make it classic to me. Check the 4 pillars of hip hop: Dj'ing, Rapping, breaking and graffiti. Now the last 2 has been forgotten long time ago... and the 2. is going the same way, i mean who the fuck listens to Pharaoh monch, mos def, talib kweli, common and rappers like that? not many but they are still some of the dopest rappers today

Back in the days when hip hop was being experimented with it wasnt really mindblowing to alot of people because alot of it was "break down the beat, get off your feet" and lyrics like that. Then "the message" came along and flipped the game completely because of its lyrical content.

Oh yea, thanks for making a proper reply digital... instead of taking it personal like king suge... I respect your opinion
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 04:14:32 AM by Don Mega »

heyyou

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2002, 06:15:39 AM »
I see where don mega & d1g1t4l etc are coming from.  listen to 2pac for his lyrics too but the beats do matter, they set the tone for the lyrics. If P Diddy, or any of te no limit producers produced 2pacs album, would people still say beats don't matter? Plus the lyrics don't really have to say anything important for an album to be a classic. It's a bonus if they do, but I wouldn't say that doggystyle had anything to say, except for an exaggerated day in snoop's life. I will also disagree with don mega saying that dre's 2001 album didn't say anything lyrically. IMO it was personal & introspective on some tracks (O.K. so dre didn't write the lyrics), eg the watcher, still dre, what's the difference, forgot about dre, bang bang & the message.

I respect all your opinions, and agree with you in some points, but many I disagree, please don't interpret them as hating on you because i'm not. Basically when I buy a cd it's all about the music, beats, lyrics & flows. Depending on the artist, beats, lyrics  & flows are more important than others.
The only problemI have with the new 2pac albums (after makaveli), is that they are not doing justice to his music.
Some of the remixed tracks are better than the OG eg. until the end of time, but I'd rather have the original tracks, (touch them up if necessary). IMO the remixed version of All Out on UTEOT was just plain awful compared to the original. If they can't get the sample clearence, they should change the sample slightly to get around it, why change the whole beat? The same goes for the changing of the outlaw verses. I touched on this topic more on a reply for another post on this forum a few days ago (titled: betta dayz OG - I think).

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2002, 10:39:38 AM »
first you people complain about uteot beats sounding too pop. now the new album gets harder more west-influenced beats and your still complaining. if you want og's go buy the makaveli bootlegs and stop whining..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 10:42:57 AM by smartass »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

KuRupTed PuNjAbiZ

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2002, 12:57:33 AM »
2pac better dayz rt here
original shiet no bullshiet....d/l it off mah ftp server
ftp://better:dayz@24.76.138.33:21
fast cable connection...no quee queer bullshi..pz

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2002, 01:51:20 AM »

btw. please don't call me pumpkin, im not interested in being drawn into the homosexual world

hahahahaha...

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2002, 07:30:58 AM »
If beats aint bangin, I aint fuckin wit it.