Author Topic: Various 50 Cent Interviews (Says Jigga Took A L From Nas & Speaks On Beanie)  (Read 2413 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent Responds To Critics Comparing Him To Ja Rule
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2009, 08:13:12 PM »
This was a good interview.  Some one actually interviews him about a critique.  His response is well taken.  It seems like if he was a completely independent artist his album would be pretty hardcore. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »
This was a good interview.  Some one actually interviews him about a critique.  His response is well taken.  It seems like if he was a completely independent artist his album would be pretty hardcore. 

yeah, i thought so too.

50 basically explained the rap game perfectly, you have to use what's in to sell.

i blame the fans lol.

Elano

Re: 50 Cent Says Jay-Z Blocked $800k Offer For Beanie
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2009, 08:38:31 PM »
this thread about to get deleted like mine

didnt yours just get combined with the 17000 other "50 cent said" threads?

elano is forgiven tho cos of the language barrier

SHUT UP ASSHOLE

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2009, 08:38:38 PM »
Yeah, but he should just admit he doesn't like Ja Rule.  He should of just said "I hate that nigga.  I did what I had to do to get him out of my way."
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2009, 08:45:08 PM »
Yeah, but he should just admit he doesn't like Ja Rule.  He should of just said "I hate that nigga.  I did what I had to do to get him out of my way."

lol, it would have been more entertaining; but 50 Cent always tries to tie in some business man shit.

he would pay to have that Jay-Z persona of being a deal making/business man type shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

In a purely song format Nas won but in real life Jay-Z won.  Not only did he fuck his bitch but he ended being his boss.  Additionally, Jay's life is arguable much better than Nas's - he's married to Beyone and he's super fucking rich.  Nas is divorced, in debt, and paying huge sums of money to his ex.

LOL @ Nas losing cuz he signed to Def Jam.  U reaize Jay paid him $10million up front to sign? On top of that he got a huge budget and they gave him pretty much complete artistic control there.  The Def Jam label was a pioneering black owned label and a complete iconic label to any real MC, especially in New York when Nas was coming up.  And he put out really dope albums there.  Nas wouldn't have found a better deal anywhere.

Nas continued throwin little shots at Jay well after Ether and Jay never responded.  Then after Jay became prez one of the first things he does is go after Nas.

So saying that Nas lost cuz he signed to Def Jam is pretty illogical.

Whatever Nas was paid is minuscule compared to what Jay made.  

What I don't understand is how money figures into the equation when comparing the two. Because if you want to go by those rules, then Jimmy Iovine and the real heads of the hip hop industry are winning. They have been milking rappers for all they are worth all these years. If you want to look at the hip hop industry as a "business", then yes, Jay-Z is winning compared to Nas. Jay-Z is involved in all these business ventures and companies, while Nas has focused more on releasing quality music and establishing his strength as a music legend. Nas will always be the better rapper. Jay-Z will always be the better businessman. Whoever "wins", depends on what your definition of success is. If its all about making money, then Jay-Z won. If its all about releasing meaningful music, which imo is what hip hop is all about, then Nas won. Not to say that Jay-Z doesn't have a decent discography, but his music has always been more pop-oriented and he doesn't have the same lyrical ability as Nas.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2009, 09:23:02 PM »
He doesn't?

Jay may be more sophisticated but I respect 50's business as much as I do Jay's.
- Banks

Jaydc

what do 50 cent and the game have in common? we could go with their albums getting progressively worse throughout their careers, but the whole dissing jay-z to try and get attention/provoke a response is even lamer. 50 and game both lose.

Game has dropped 3 albums, ALL are dope.  yourGod crooked still looking for Snoop to get him a solo deal

who lost?

LAX was pure garbage.And why do you continuely talk about crooked i in situations that have nothing to do with him?You talk about him more then his biggest fans.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
In a purely song format Nas won but in real life Jay-Z won.  Not only did he fuck his bitch but he ended being his boss.  Additionally, Jay's life is arguable much better than Nas's - he's married to Beyone and he's super fucking rich.  Nas is divorced, in debt, and paying huge sums of money to his ex.

LOL @ Nas losing cuz he signed to Def Jam.  U reaize Jay paid him $10million up front to sign? On top of that he got a huge budget and they gave him pretty much complete artistic control there.  The Def Jam label was a pioneering black owned label and a complete iconic label to any real MC, especially in New York when Nas was coming up.  And he put out really dope albums there.  Nas wouldn't have found a better deal anywhere.

Nas continued throwin little shots at Jay well after Ether and Jay never responded.  Then after Jay became prez one of the first things he does is go after Nas.

So saying that Nas lost cuz he signed to Def Jam is pretty illogical.

Whatever Nas was paid is minuscule compared to what Jay made.  

What I don't understand is how money figures into the equation when comparing the two. Because if you want to go by those rules, then Jimmy Iovine and the real heads of the hip hop industry are winning. They have been milking rappers for all they are worth all these years. If you want to look at the hip hop industry as a "business", then yes, Jay-Z is winning compared to Nas. Jay-Z is involved in all these business ventures and companies, while Nas has focused more on releasing quality music and establishing his strength as a music legend. Nas will always be the better rapper. Jay-Z will always be the better businessman. Whoever "wins", depends on what your definition of success is. If its all about making money, then Jay-Z won. If its all about releasing meaningful music, which imo is what hip hop is all about, then Nas won. Not to say that Jay-Z doesn't have a decent discography, but his music has always been more pop-oriented and he doesn't have the same lyrical ability as Nas.

I agree on many accounts with what you said.  There are many definitions of success and there are definitely different interpretations.  Nas is one of my favorite rappers so when I reflect on the individual situations I'm not hating.  I think Nas won on wax, which matters to the artistic side of hip-hop and legacy, and then Jay won commercially for hip-hop, which matters just as much.    And, I'm glad Nas signed to Def Jam though I don't think he has complete artistic control as someone tried to argue.  Clearly, he does not for Nigger never got to see the light of day.  Instead of we got an untitled album that was really dope but not as potent and powerful as it should have been.  And, Jay has never denied being pop so I take him as excelling at what he does quite well. 
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2009, 11:47:08 PM »
haha yeah right

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »
*and another thread will be merged*

lol

is it really that much news when 50 mentions another rapper in an interview? damn rap sucks nowadays

Its only because he has an album out so naturaly he is going to have more topics on him.
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Well I listen to Hip-Hop for the craft, and the music.  Not to gasp over who has made money.

So Nas won.

Jay is a successful money maker, so what, so is Rick Ross, and his shit is whack.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2009, 12:29:18 PM »
*and another thread will be merged*

lol

is it really that much news when 50 mentions another rapper in an interview? damn rap sucks nowadays

Its only because he has an album out so naturaly he is going to have more topics on him.

thats fair enough if the topics are about the actual music...but obviously 50 is doing promo right now with the album due to come out, so to build up hype for it he talks shit in every interview, mentions another person in each one, and hence a new topic on what he said in this and that interview appears on here...typical 50

its not new and its not in the least bit surprising. it amuses me just how much of the board is taken up by the nonsense he says/does

oh and...

this thread about to get deleted like mine

didnt yours just get combined with the 17000 other "50 cent said" threads?

elano is forgiven tho cos of the language barrier

SHUT UP ASSHOLE

:D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sigel going to G Unit, thats whats up

Jaydc

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »
haha yeah right

We get it,you dont like 50 cent.Now get the fuck out of every topic about him.And by the way Im a fan of bishop but that who i gotta kill mixtape was garbage