Author Topic: Snoop Interview w/Rosenberg TALKS NEXT EPISODE OG  (Read 370 times)

Young Dan Iza

Snoop Interview w/Rosenberg TALKS NEXT EPISODE OG
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:14:50 PM »
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6785112660a4e1a7/

theres the link for the whole interview, its mostly just a mix of all the classic snoop songs but the interview is very good

Snoop said that he freestyled pump pump, gz and hustlaz and tha shiznit

and Rosenberg asks him about the tracklisting confusion on doggystyle and asks him about the next episode og, and rosenberg never heard it before
but snoop said it didn't make the album bc dre didnt like it but it was on the tracklisting bc he wanted it on there
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 07:16:59 PM by Young Dan Iza »

woof

Re: Snoop Interview w/Rosenberg TALKS NEXT EPISODE OG
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:02:52 PM »
PROPZ  :D

so to summarize :

Snoop and Kurupt battled for an hour the 1st time they met
Snoop lost only one battle it was in 1984
Dre hated Next Episode OG + Deep Cover and didn't want to put it out (!!)
Next Episode OG was listed on the original pressing because Snoop put together the tracklisting
Peter Rosenberg will make 1 hour radio interview shows on the Westcoast and asked Snoop about more stories

Blasphemy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:25:41 PM »
Wasn't it already declared in a older interview that Deep Cover was going to be on The Chronic, but got removed do to the Cop Killer controversy and Next Episode OG was removed at the very last minute do to a Copyright sample issue. Snoop Dogg back on weed???

G-Funk

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:30:55 PM »
I thought it was common knowledge that Next Episode OG could not be on Doggystyle because something to do with Dre's contract, something like he couldn't "be fully featured, or make a full appearance" I guess you can say.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:32:07 PM »
The song has been unreleased for 17 years, lets move on people.

Dollaz + $ense - what you just said is really interesting. I never head that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

acgrundy

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »
I thought it was common knowledge that Next Episode OG could not be on Doggystyle because something to do with Dre's contract, something like he couldn't "be fully featured, or make a full appearance" I guess you can say.

Then why would he have even bothered recording the song in the first place, and have it get shown up on the album cover?  You seriously think, just at the last minute, Dre figured out his contract and then had the song pulled?  I seriously doubt that.

G-Funk

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:55:10 PM »
Then why would he have even bothered recording the song in the first place, and have it get shown up on the album cover?  You seriously think, just at the last minute, Dre figured out his contract and then had the song pulled?  I seriously doubt that.

Suge.

thats from what I heard. and also because of sample clearance issues.

Blasphemy

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »

Suge.

thats from what I heard. and also because of sample clearance issues.

His contract??? Remember, at the time he WAS happy on death row. The sample issue, was common knowledge. This is why the original pressing listed it but never had it. If dre did it at the last minute, don't you think he might of actually changed the track listing. It seems like a bad bussiness move on his part if he took it off. Maybe for artistic reasons (like he didn't actually like it) but I doubt it be because of his contract, which wasn't a question back in 1993. Only problem he had at the time was the Eazy E clause.