Author Topic: Bouncing Back  (Read 966 times)

Td

• Lil Geezy
  • NUTTIN` BUT DA DOGG IN ME!!!
Re: Bouncing Back
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »
Prayer is helpful because it affirms positive thoughts and provides with a daily mantra and purpose, of course there isn't a God in the laughable christian sense paying attention to you, but the pure act of getting thoughts and feelings out on a daily basis is healthy and prayer serves a good avenue for that.

No, it doesn't lol The one reason a person stays positive is by keeping faith that God will answer that prayer. A lot of ppl including myself has prayed and still worried. If you want positive thinking then stay around positive ppl and it's just that simple.

Prayer gives purpose to your life by causing you to believe you can impact the negative events in your life. Its entirely psychological though. You aren't actually changing anything except your state of mind.

Ur damn right I AM not changing anything God is the one who changes it. Whats the point of asking Him if I can do it on my own? lol U believe what u believe and I'll stand by mines.
What has god changed about your life?
Everything about my life have been change, put your trust in Jah

Td

• Lil Geezy
  • NUTTIN` BUT DA DOGG IN ME!!!
Bouncing Back
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 05:25:37 AM »

Today's Message comes from T D Jake's as well as Joyce Meyer.
T D Jake's talked about how when times are hard, when disappointments takes over us. We as Christians need to '' Bounce Back ''. Put our gloves back on and get back into the ring. His message came from James 5:13 Is any one among you suffering? Let Him Pray. Is any one Cheerful? Let Him Sing Psalms. He talked about how we become so adjusted in receiving bad news, or assuming that are good days is only for a season we lose Hope, and Faith.

Job lost everything showing his faith in God, T D Jake's explained that although he suffered, God never allowed Job to go through that ordeal again. Meaning we as Christians need to remember although times get hard there are some things God will never allow us to go through again.

My Favorite quote from T D Jake's message was:
We come in sit in the chair and '' Trust '' it will hold us up, without looking first
or underneath it. How quickly we can '' Trust '' something '' Man '' has created, How much better would it be if We leaned on God in the same '' Trusting way ?

Joyce Meyers talked about Praying. She discussed how we as Christians sometimes pray wrong. We tend to pray in a way that is supposed to '' Impress God. Foolish when When God knows are heart. It's better to be '' Honest and Short '', rather than '' Long and Fake''. A good prayer isn't how long, or Dramatic you make it, as long as it comes from the Heart is whats important.

Joyce stated that we often question why prayers are not answered. She stated that First we don't Pray. Prayer has the power to change things, that we need to stop thinking we can do things with out God.
My favorite quote from her was :
Why Pray for a '' Little and get it All '', When you can Pray for Alot and at least get Half ''.

May God bless you all
--------------------
[/b]

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Bouncing Back
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 09:08:06 AM »
I'm havin' deja vu.