Author Topic: Bouncing Back  (Read 964 times)

Td

• Lil Geezy
  • NUTTIN` BUT DA DOGG IN ME!!!
Bouncing Back
« on: November 03, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »

Today's Message comes from T D Jake's as well as Joyce Meyer.
T D Jake's talked about how when times are hard, when disappointments takes over us. We as Christians need to '' Bounce Back ''. Put our gloves back on and get back into the ring. His message came from James 5:13 Is any one among you suffering? Let Him Pray. Is any one Cheerful? Let Him Sing Psalms. He talked about how we become so adjusted in receiving bad news, or assuming that are good days is only for a season we lose Hope, and Faith.

Job lost everything showing his faith in God, T D Jake's explained that although he suffered, God never allowed Job to go through that ordeal again. Meaning we as Christians need to remember although times get hard there are some things God will never allow us to go through again.

My Favorite quote from T D Jake's message was:
We come in sit in the chair and '' Trust '' it will hold us up, without looking first
or underneath it. How quickly we can '' Trust '' something '' Man '' has created, How much better would it be if We leaned on God in the same '' Trusting way ?

Joyce Meyers talked about Praying. She discussed how we as Christians sometimes pray wrong. We tend to pray in a way that is supposed to '' Impress God. Foolish when When God knows are heart. It's better to be '' Honest and Short '', rather than '' Long and Fake''. A good prayer isn't how long, or Dramatic you make it, as long as it comes from the Heart is whats important.

Joyce stated that we often question why prayers are not answered. She stated that First we don't Pray. Prayer has the power to change things, that we need to stop thinking we can do things with out God.
My favorite quote from her was :
Why Pray for a '' Little and get it All '', When you can Pray for Alot and at least get Half ''.

May God bless you all
--------------------

jeromechickenbone

Re: Bouncing Back
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »
I agree with most of this, could do without the christianity tho

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 06:49:39 PM »
Prayer is useless. Get up off your ass and accomplish something.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:19:48 PM »
I'm bout ta bounce back, bounce, ta bounce back, I'm bout ta bounce back, bounce, ta bounce back

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 12:29:11 AM »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 07:56:51 AM »
^ Even better

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 11:38:16 AM »

Prayer is useless when u have no faith and when u think God is a genie in the bottle who grants wishes. He doesn't help anyone who doesn't tryin to help themselves. Prayer is just talking to God and not always for what you want or need.
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »

Prayer is useless when u have no faith and when u think God is a genie in the bottle who grants wishes. He doesn't help anyone who doesn't tryin to help themselves. Prayer is just talking to God and not always for what you want or need.

That's kinda the point. Prayer is useless. Obviously if you help yourself you don't need the assistance of a deity.

You can pray all you want about something. At the end of the day its not going to make any difference in achieving your goals unless it gives you confidence. And in that case its a placebo effect.

If prayer makes you feel better, fine. But it has no effect on real life aside from what you make of it. Personally I think believing in yourself is a much healthier way to go.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:37:06 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »

That's kinda the point. Prayer is useless. Obviously if you help yourself you don't need the assistance of a deity.

You can pray all you want about something. At the end of the day its not going to make any difference in achieving your goals unless it gives you confidence. And in that case its a placebo effect.

If prayer makes you feel better, fine. But it has no effect on real life aside from what you make of it. Personally I think believing in yourself is a much healthier way to go.

You can't always help yourself especially when u have a disease that can't be cured, if you're about to become evicted when u've tried everything u knew, when you have people who want to do harm to you but you've done nothing to them, etc. As I said God doesn't grant wishes but He'll always give an answer but sometimes it's a plain "no" or "not now".

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 09:56:50 AM »
prayer works guyz. one tiem. i prayed that a girl would get beat up an 3 weeks later she got her jaw broken by a fat black bitch. prayer works guyzz!!!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »

You can't always help yourself especially when u have a disease that can't be cured, if you're about to become evicted when u've tried everything u knew, when you have people who want to do harm to you but you've done nothing to them, etc. As I said God doesn't grant wishes but He'll always give an answer but sometimes it's a plain "no" or "not now".

If you can't help yourself its called circumstance. God has nothing to do with it. Whether you die of cancer or the chemo works is called chance.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »

If you can't help yourself its called circumstance. God has nothing to do with it. Whether you die of cancer or the chemo works is called chance.

But I've seen prayer change things and people. You haven't which is why u think it's useless and believe otherwise.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 12:35:37 AM »

But I've seen prayer change things and people. You haven't which is why u think it's useless and believe otherwise.

Its called life and random chance. Whether you pray to your god or to the giant blob that lives under the earth makes no difference. I guarantee they will both have the exact same effect in making something come to pass.

Millions of people die every year from cancer. Almost all of these people prayed and their loved ones prayed for them as well. Now how the hell are you going to claim that prayer had anything to do with a few of these people surviving, when for all the rest it did nothing? When the doctor tells you that you have a 99.9% chance you are going to die, and you end up surviving, its not the work of god. Its that .01%.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:40:52 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 07:52:21 AM »
^ Ba-cuz like he said before.

:)

Bananas

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 07:59:20 AM »
Prayer is helpful because it affirms positive thoughts and provides with a daily mantra and purpose, of course there isn't a God in the laughable christian sense paying attention to you, but the pure act of getting thoughts and feelings out on a daily basis is healthy and prayer serves a good avenue for that.