Author Topic: Bouncing Back  (Read 963 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Bouncing Back
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 08:29:47 AM »
Prayer is helpful because it affirms positive thoughts and provides with a daily mantra and purpose, of course there isn't a God in the laughable christian sense paying attention to you, but the pure act of getting thoughts and feelings out on a daily basis is healthy and prayer serves a good avenue for that.

Exactly. The only purpose it serves is to give a person self-confidence who actually believes in it.

But in all reality its a substitute for believing in oneself.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 08:41:12 AM »
Prayer is helpful because it affirms positive thoughts and provides with a daily mantra and purpose, of course there isn't a God in the laughable christian sense paying attention to you, but the pure act of getting thoughts and feelings out on a daily basis is healthy and prayer serves a good avenue for that.

No, it doesn't lol The one reason a person stays positive is by keeping faith that God will answer that prayer. A lot of ppl including myself has prayed and still worried. If you want positive thinking then stay around positive ppl and it's just that simple.

I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Bananas

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 08:46:55 AM »

No, it doesn't lol The one reason a person stays positive is by keeping faith that God will answer that prayer. A lot of ppl including myself has prayed and still worried. If you want positive thinking then stay around positive ppl and it's just that simple.

So what you just pray when you want something and that hope you'll get what you want keeps you happy? Pretty selfish.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 09:05:59 AM »

Prayer gives purpose to your life by causing you to believe you can impact the negative events in your life. Its entirely psychological though. You aren't actually changing anything except your state of mind.

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »
Why does TD Jake's sell God's message on CD and DVD when his message should be free?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 11:49:38 AM »

Prayer gives purpose to your life by causing you to believe you can impact the negative events in your life. Its entirely psychological though. You aren't actually changing anything except your state of mind.

Ur damn right I AM not changing anything God is the one who changes it. Whats the point of asking Him if I can do it on my own? lol U believe what u believe and I'll stand by mines.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 11:51:48 AM »
Why does TD Jake's sell God's message on CD and DVD when his message should be free?

It takes money to run a church and he has other businesses so he's not living off of the church. People go to church for free to hear his message and his services comes on tv. It takes money to publish those DVD's and CD's, too.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 12:37:50 PM »

Ur damn right I AM not changing anything God is the one who changes it. Whats the point of asking Him if I can do it on my own? lol U believe what u believe and I'll stand by mines.

What has god changed about your life?

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 01:23:59 PM »

It takes money to run a church and he has other businesses so he's not living off of the church. People go to church for free to hear his message and his services comes on tv. It takes money to publish those DVD's and CD's, too.
Fuck that. First of all, nobody goes to that church, or any church for that matter, for free.

The television stations he broadcasts on are all private and paid for by donations and grants and what have you. So what he pays to broadcast his show is minimal in comparison to most shows requiring advertisement. Yes, it costs money to print CDs and DVDs, but why does he charge damn near $20 for both and still ask for more donations if you're willing to? You really think all of that money is being invested back into the people who give it to him?

Why is it so hard for believers to admit that Mr. Jakes is making a HUUUUGE personal profit off of his ministry? Does it make them realize that they're pawns and nothing more than benefactors for his lavish lifestyle? That his state-of-the-art church (when the hell did you need a church with a fuckin merchandise store and coffee shop to preach the word of God?) that he preaches at occasionally is paid for by their hard earned dollars. That they are complete fools and TD Jakes is laughing his fat ass off to the bank in one of his $10,000 designer suits (what? he can't preach in a suit from the Men's Warehouse?)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 02:31:53 PM »

Fuck that. First of all, nobody goes to that church, or any church for that matter, for free.

The television stations he broadcasts on are all private and paid for by donations and grants and what have you. So what he pays to broadcast his show is minimal in comparison to most shows requiring advertisement. Yes, it costs money to print CDs and DVDs, but why does he charge damn near $20 for both and still ask for more donations if you're willing to? You really think all of that money is being invested back into the people who give it to him?

Why is it so hard for believers to admit that Mr. Jakes is making a HUUUUGE personal profit off of his ministry? Does it make them realize that they're pawns and nothing more than benefactors for his lavish lifestyle? That his state-of-the-art church (when the hell did you need a church with a fuckin merchandise store and coffee shop to preach the word of God?) that he preaches at occasionally is paid for by their hard earned dollars. That they are complete fools and TD Jakes is laughing his fat ass off to the bank in one of his $10,000 designer suits (what? he can't preach in a suit from the Men's Warehouse?)

I've been to church plenty of times for free. Nobody forces u to give offering/tithes or anything else and if they are then ur dumb for givin' it to them.

Why is it so hard for non believers to see that not all prosperous preachers are makin their money off of the congregation? I grew up in the church from the whole in the wall churches to the big churches as well as different denominations. The preacher who was tryin to pimp the church no longer has a church and just like you a lot of believers think the same shit but don't know a damn thing. lol U can't put all of the preachers into the same pot because some of them are wolves in sheeps clothing.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 02:38:45 PM »

He made me more forgiving, patient, compassionate, temperate and loving when I should be hateful, bitter and want to only do harm to anybody. I should've been dead a long time but he protected me when danger was in my presence and He's finally given me peace when things are still lookin bad. No, I couldn't have changed that myself because I didn't see the reason since people made me this way.

These things are bigger than money, cars and a big house for me.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 02:53:49 PM »

He made me more forgiving, patient, compassionate, temperate and loving when I should be hateful, bitter and want to only do harm to anybody. I should've been dead a long time but he protected me when danger was in my presence and He's finally given me peace when things are still lookin bad. No, I couldn't have changed that myself because I didn't see the reason since people made me this way.

Funny....I've achieved all that. And I didn't need to attribute it to an invisible deity. What you are going through is called the placebo affect. Its a lot easier to feel better about yourself if you have an unshakable faith that someone is looking out for you. Its basically the same principle behind religious extremists committing atrocities that any normal person wouldn't be able to do. They truly believe that god is on their side and they don't have to justify any of their actions. I guess its a good thing in your case, but there are many cases where it is harmful. I wish people would take responsibility for their own lives.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:55:41 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 03:26:52 PM »

Funny....I've achieved all that. And I didn't need to attribute it to an invisible deity. What you are going through is called the placebo affect. Its a lot easier to feel better about yourself if you have an unshakable faith that someone is looking out for you. Its basically the same principle behind religious extremists committing atrocities that any normal person wouldn't be able to do. They truly believe that god is on their side and they don't have to justify any of their actions. I guess its a good thing in your case, but there are many cases where it is harmful. I wish people would take responsibility for their own lives.

That's cool but you don't know me and don't know what I've been through in life. If you did it all by yourself then good for you but I needed God or I would be a hot mess and most def dead or in jail. I take responsibility for my own life which is why I don't blame God when things get bad or I fuck up nor do I hold a grudge against a person who has done harm to me.

Sometimes non believers can be so pushy with their beliefs and it's damn near as bad as a Jehovah's Witness lol I could've sworn I said believe what u believe and I'll stick by my beliefs meaning Im not tryin to change ur mind.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:43:48 PM by ThaRealSupreme »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »
In the long run - it doesn't even matter how rich the preacher is, becuz at the end of the day, people are not stupid, and if they leave more positive than the way they came in, that's a plus to the person. That's uplifting to the person. You understand what I'm tryin' to say? If they frauds, they frauds, God knows it. And karma's a bitch. Their religion is vain. More power to the people who really got that belief in them. Plus every Church is run different. Look at alllllll the churches right next door to the corner stores. They only got blinds, folding chairs and 'God Loves You' signs. How much money you think they making? Nada. Why you think they relocate so much? Close, reopen, close, move-out. Look at the Catholic Churches downtown, where the doors is open 24/7, where at one time the homeless where allowed to go in and sleep at a pew, or when they attend masses and got no money to hand over. If it benefits the people, that's what matters. It ain't mandatory to pay to go to Church, that's why they called donations. I don't believe no inner-city Catholic Priest is driving around the city in a Bentley. And those lil store front Churches next to the Mom & Pop record shop, those preachers ain't in nuttin' but casual clothes.

There's good and bad in ev'rythang. Money is made off ev'rythang. And I saw TD Jakes on Larry King the other night and he seemed true to himself so it's whatever. You know there's the Churches on TV and than there's the reality. There's services in fuckin' beautiful stained class window buildings and in middle schools and above bars and clothing shops, so ya know..

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 07:29:06 PM »
In the long run - it doesn't even matter how rich the preacher is, becuz at the end of the day, people are not stupid, and if they leave more positive than the way they came in, that's a plus to the person. That's uplifting to the person. You understand what I'm tryin' to say? If they frauds, they frauds, God knows it. And karma's a bitch. Their religion is vain. More power to the people who really got that belief in them. Plus every Church is run different. Look at alllllll the churches right next door to the corner stores. They only got blinds, folding chairs and 'God Loves You' signs. How much money you think they making? Nada. Why you think they relocate so much? Close, reopen, close, move-out. Look at the Catholic Churches downtown, where the doors is open 24/7, where at one time the homeless where allowed to go in and sleep at a pew, or when they attend masses and got no money to hand over. If it benefits the people, that's what matters. It ain't mandatory to pay to go to Church, that's why they called donations. I don't believe no inner-city Catholic Priest is driving around the city in a Bentley. And those lil store front Churches next to the Mom & Pop record shop, those preachers ain't in nuttin' but casual clothes.

There's good and bad in ev'rythang. Money is made off ev'rythang. And I saw TD Jakes on Larry King the other night and he seemed true to himself so it's whatever. You know there's the Churches on TV and than there's the reality. There's services in fuckin' beautiful stained class window buildings and in middle schools and above bars and clothing shops, so ya know..

Exactly!