Author Topic: Is rap music really all that shitty as people make it seem?  (Read 1562 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Is rap music really all that shitty as people make it seem?
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »
i see constantly on a daily basis people hatin' on hip hop and saying it ain't tha same since the late 80's/early 90's but i see that their opinions are ALWAYS biased and pre-concieved without proper material to pull it from (like basing all Southern Hip Hop on some 2006 D4L shit).  People on here will never give tha bullshit up until it's cool to like some1 un-cool at tha time (like Gucci Mane, just sayin').  I be listening to the new mixtapes and albums and it's true that albums aren't the same as they used to be but in tha past 5/6 years (maybe a lil' longer) who's actually buying albums like they used to.  there's a gang of newer artist that make tha old heads sound like shit.  hip hop websites have made a fortune following this "hip hop is dead" trend and to this day it's really no better than wat it used to be with them.  

i'm just saying; the lyrical aspect is broader, the beats are so much harder and ORIGINAL (not sampled like 99.9% of older records), the artist have a broader range of subjects being talked about (of course not all, but what era has?), and just tha game is bigger and more massive than before.  So why is it that people shit on the game, is it bcuz ur white, or u just like another genre of music bettr, or are u gettin gray hairs a little more early than u should?  i'm not hatin' on any1 (or any race 4 that mattr) but just keep it 100 with yourself.  are u really feeling this way with alot of evidence to pull from or are you following a trend led by the blind and unhappy and unfortunate.  Rappers do it all of the time (like Cormega) but y tha "fans"?  

perfect example of how good music has been.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:13:26 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Muhfukka

Re: Is rap music really all that shitty as people make it seem?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
noone is going to read that shit

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 05:11:18 PM »
noone is going to read that shit

probably not but hopefully some1 with tha right mind and power will or some1 who got big dreams and a passion for music like i (some of us) do.  that's all that really matters.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 05:15:57 PM »
Playaz Circle is HOT trash & to answer your question, yes & no.

compared to past music, it's not near the same level.

but there is good music out there, but it's just not played on the radio.

you love mainstream, terrible rap, music that makes people say thinks like "rap music today is really shitty", so i find it ironic that you of all people made this thread lol.

Al Bundy

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:17:41 PM »
there's always going to be someone who doesn't share the same view as you. that's when you have to just say fuck it and move along

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 05:21:57 PM »
see that's why i could never talk 2 u (even tho u always try 2 talk 2 me).  u base ur decision off of bullshit and lies, like the government or Bush.  who says i do?  no1 in America today just listens to mainstream/radio/tv hip hop all day (unless ur a pre-K child).  Playaz Circle u say is hot trash, well we should end it there as far as me discussing shit with you, u OBVIOUSLY like a different kind of Hip Hop altogether than I do.  ur done homie, i have no further aknowledgement unless u have something to bring to tha conversation.  i won't feed in2 ur bordom.  i made tha post 15 minutes ago, why are u here so quick... get off tha computer!!!  or bring some knowledge.  i think there's just as much hot shit floatin around today as there was in 96' (if not more, not everybody was feeling those Shyhiem & MC Eiht records when they were in their prime).

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »
there's always going to be someone who doesn't share the same view as you. that's when you have to just say fuck it and move along

so true.  but it's annoying hearing and watching the bitching when that's all u have 2 cypher thru 2 get wat u want outta something.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:28:39 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 08:10:53 PM »
see that's why i could never talk 2 u (even tho u always try 2 talk 2 me).  u base ur decision off of bullshit and lies, like the government or Bush.  who says i do?  no1 in America today just listens to mainstream/radio/tv hip hop all day (unless ur a pre-K child).  Playaz Circle u say is hot trash, well we should end it there as far as me discussing shit with you, u OBVIOUSLY like a different kind of Hip Hop altogether than I do.  ur done homie, i have no further aknowledgement unless u have something to bring to tha conversation.  i won't feed in2 ur bordom.  i made tha post 15 minutes ago, why are u here so quick... get off tha computer!!!  or bring some knowledge.  i think there's just as much hot shit floatin around today as there was in 96' (if not more, not everybody was feeling those Shyhiem & MC Eiht records when they were in their prime).

so you ask a question, i answer it (too quickly for you) & you disregard it?

also, you are so quick to knock artists you don't like & your excuse in them being wack is that "they don't sell".

you also once said Jeezy has put out classics & i may be mistaken but i think you compared it to Illmatic. :-X

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »
you also once said Jeezy has put out classics & i may be mistaken but i think you compared it to Illmatic. :-X
lmao...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=235850.0

other great quotables;

Lil' Wayne is 1 of tha best, whether u agree or not

BUT NaS has made an album better than Illmatic.
all Premo can do is the SAME hip hop track over and over again
Lyrically Wayne crushes Biggie- stop lying to yourself.
i can play a million beats/songs betta than any thing Preme has done since 94'.

the funniest part is that those are just within 5 pages of like 75 of the guy who tells me to "bring some knowledge".

SHOCK POSTER! :-X

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 09:22:19 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My take on it is, compared to the past, there is way less quality hip-hop out there than there is now. You have a few consistent people you can depend on to bring heat, but not nearly as many as before. It's all based on personal taste in the end though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

moe

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 04:55:38 AM »
VINTAGE DIPSET > RAP

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 06:09:42 AM »
so now this post is about me, and how i feel, and wat i've said.  i cut u off bcuz bullshit/dissin is tha 1st thing that comes outchur mouth (i guess ur daddy doesn't show u enough respect) and for the record i never said Jeezy's shit crushes Nas' shit.  i think u have an obsession with me and truthfully it's very scary.  i'm not ur penpal
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:12:53 AM by Kick 4rm 301 »

ikke

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 08:20:24 AM »
make shorter posts or I'm not going to read it

Blasphemy

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 08:48:14 AM »