Author Topic: Is rap music really all that shitty as people make it seem?  (Read 1558 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Is rap music really all that shitty as people make it seem?
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
This topic would make sense and I agree with some of it, EXCEPT YOU NEVER USE GOOD ARTISTS TO BACK UP YOUR POINTS!! Out of all the newer rappers today, why in the fuck would you choose Gucci Mane as an example?? Both your song examples are weak (even though I usually like Ghostface).

This song from this year shits on your links:

"Bum on the side of the street Rap" isn't my thing.  They all sound like Pharcyde & Little Brother spin offs.  It's tha same message and it's oppressing in a way.  I like the messages bcuz we (as people) should listen but if I want repetitive messages and cliche' content i'll just stick to that hood shit, it's more entertaining.  I'd rather read a book or watch CNN (i do both btw).  U can't get me to aquire your taste in music and i obviously can't get u 2 fuck wit my shit, but that's no reason 2 try 2 'go' on every post.  that shit is wack and irritating (even tho that's probably yur goal).

i dont play wack shit, it's just u

So what is the "message" of the song is that's so repetitive? I doubt you even listened to the song long enough to hear what its about, so here let me enlighten you. Its about (duh) living in California. Now what in the blue hell does that have to do with little brother, a group from North Carolina?  :D

I get the feeling that by "message" you mean any song that isn't about shooting people up or how icy my whip is.

And how are you going to say you don't like "bum on the side of the street rap" and in the same sentence you say you'll only listen to "that hood shit."  :D I love how people only want to listen to music about lifestyles neither they nor the rapper's rapping about it live.

ur either an attention whore or a dumb muthafucker (u can only choose 1).  everything u quoted u obviously took outta context or u were just being an ass. 

and what's with everybody thinkin' everybody under 25 loves rap music when they only talk about cars and clubs?  i guess that's just another black stereotype for the whites.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:02:00 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

LAX CITY LIGHTS

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »
NOT WHEN LAMB DOES IT  8) 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
This topic would make sense and I agree with some of it, EXCEPT YOU NEVER USE GOOD ARTISTS TO BACK UP YOUR POINTS!! Out of all the newer rappers today, why in the fuck would you choose Gucci Mane as an example?? Both your song examples are weak (even though I usually like Ghostface).

This song from this year shits on your links:

"Bum on the side of the street Rap" isn't my thing.  They all sound like Pharcyde & Little Brother spin offs.  It's tha same message and it's oppressing in a way.  I like the messages bcuz we (as people) should listen but if I want repetitive messages and cliche' content i'll just stick to that hood shit, it's more entertaining.  I'd rather read a book or watch CNN (i do both btw).  U can't get me to aquire your taste in music and i obviously can't get u 2 fuck wit my shit, but that's no reason 2 try 2 'go' on every post.  that shit is wack and irritating (even tho that's probably yur goal).

i dont play wack shit, it's just u

So what is the "message" of the song is that's so repetitive? I doubt you even listened to the song long enough to hear what its about, so here let me enlighten you. Its about (duh) living in California. Now what in the blue hell does that have to do with little brother, a group from North Carolina?  :D

I get the feeling that by "message" you mean any song that isn't about shooting people up or how icy my whip is.

And how are you going to say you don't like "bum on the side of the street rap" and in the same sentence you say you'll only listen to "that hood shit."  :D I love how people only want to listen to music about lifestyles neither they nor the rapper's rapping about it live.

I'm an attention whore and a dumb muthafucker.

Fixed. You have zero credibility and you show it with every post. If you are truly black you're an embarrassment to my race. Get the fuck off this fine establishment, go pick up a book and get some knowledge now. You're a joke. This is the same idiot was said Plies latest album was better than Illmatic. Your opinion is like an asshole that's why my dick's in your mouth.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:01:26 PM by Rapsodie »

westside159

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:52 PM »
Man its just that some of these new rappers dont rhyme right
they lie about what they do under the spotlight
but real people's know , real rappers that can flow
to hear the best rappers you have to go down way below
yeah that underground scene , where things get mean
where money & fame , dont come in between , having skills
and making funky dope slaps , nowadays alot of rappers need a good slap
to bring em back down to earth and to reality , popcorn rappers are just in it for a quick salary
then tomorrow they will be yesterdays news , oh yeah them succa mc's still be catching the blues """

westside159

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 08:01:08 PM »
sho yeah right

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2009, 07:27:31 AM »
yea i guess some muthafuckaz dont know / bcuz them niggaz iz hoes
on toddler pimpin status / bitches 60 years old
they got bitch in they blood / dicks in they mouth
suckaz aint heard of pimp c / quit hatin' the south

tryna educate / wit krs tapes and big daddy kane
my niggaz grew up on death row and tru 2 da game
make me wanna pull outta book and make up a virus
send it thru limelinx / and leave em in silence

im tired of ass old raps and old skool talk
i snap my fingaz 1nce / and unk i'll outcha walk
beat u in tha knees with a baseball bat
and crack u across tha head / so we can tha fat

im cold with tha rhymes / and sick with tha pimp game
them faggs say i'm wack / they suck dick 4 cocaine
so i guess u should leave ur hatin on tha internet
bcuz im tha realest invisible muthafucka u met on tha internet

so u all can suck my dick. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2009, 08:37:59 AM »
Step your pimp game up. Them rhymes are weak

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2009, 08:40:46 AM »
Music is no better or worse than the old music. Times change and so do the people. Peoples taste of music has changed within the last years. Also - a lot of artists get into music with the intentions of making money, and have very little love for the music its self. Worrying more about the production of a song rather than the lyrics and rhyme schemes. Which results in
A. Many many sub par albums
B. Ridiculous dance and club songs

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2009, 08:49:22 AM »
Music is no better or worse than the old music. Times change and so do the people. Peoples taste of music has changed within the last years. Also - a lot of artists get into music with the intentions of making money, and have very little love for the music its self. Worrying more about the production of a song rather than the lyrics and rhyme schemes. Which results in
A. Many many sub par albums
B. Ridiculous dance and club songs

you know wat... your 10000% right.  so i guess a better question is "is rap music really all that shitty as people make it seem"?

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2009, 08:55:42 AM »
People who complain about how "rap music is shitty" now a days are just bitter. You know, the main reason a lot of people are unhappy these days is because they remember the past better than it was. I agree that the quality of mainstream music has depreciated greatly...i mean... who wouldn't wanna see songs like "Fuck The Police" played on tv/radio again?  If you are truly a hip hop fan you will find the good music. Rap music is like women, you have to have sex with a lot of them before you find one thats any good. Also - I can see it being hard to be a hip hop fan without the internet.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
People who complain about how "rap music is shitty" now a days are just bitter. You know, the main reason a lot of people are unhappy these days is because they remember the past better than it was. I agree that the quality of mainstream music has depreciated greatly...i mean... who wouldn't wanna see songs like "Fuck The Police" played on tv/radio again?  If you are truly a hip hop fan you will find the good music. Rap music is like women, you have to have sex with a lot of them before you find one thats any good. Also - I can see it being hard to be a hip hop fan without the internet.

naw that's just tha opposite.  if u have the internet then u get sucked in 2 all of the bullshit people say and make pre-judgements off of that b4 u even heard tha album/artist or u listen to it and the first thing in ur mind is something that some1 pointed out that they didn't like so it taints ur own emotion/vision.  i've seen people like cham-click-shit-bitch aka dexter or invincihoe or dirty-hoe-wit-clapsodie talk about how everybody and everything from 88-99 was the best Hip Hop music put out and everybody from that time period put out albums that are on par with All Eyez On Me or Ready To Die (especially if that artist had a more "positive" image/message).  Then turn around and tell everybody/me that i'm wrong and since they're probably 2 decades older than me that they're automatic right like niggaz gotta give em respect bcuz of that.  when they should be more worried about what shoes to wear in public verses what i'm/we are saying.

most of tha rappers back then used un-original beats/revamped 1 bar samples, unfocused verses that really had nothing to do with the song/hook, shittier filler cuts (be honest, the filler songs from back then were WAY more shittier than most stuff put out today), the quality of the mixing isn't as clean as it is now (with all of the new technology), most artist freestyled their songs so that the 1st four bars had nothing to do with the next 8/12 bars or the song (Redman??) and still do til this day (Methodman?? - love the Tical early Wu shit but i still b wondering what's the point he's tryna get across), and basically anybody who hadn't made it to 2005 that was out b4 really isn't relevant today and it shows (Large Professor?? - love his beats but in the end he's no Pete Rock)

Now i ain't saying that the music back then didn't have this untouchable vibe back then but i can't listen to and believe that music today isn't as great or better.  for example, if u were to put Kurupt (in his prime) vesus Joell Ortiz (in 2009) in a 1 on 1, Kurupt would be lookin' real hurt.  Let's say if u were 2 put Spice 1 in 96' against Nipsey or Kanye West against I.N.I., the Nu-Skool would easily win.  

there's just way too many outta-touch white kids on the internet trying to dabble in and fit in with black culture that just don't get it bcuz it's not in their blood/heritage in the 1st place or they're just too other minded.  and plz folks don't take that as a racist comment/stance (bcuz im not, my best friend growin' up was the ideal white boy).  there's just certain things that black folks do White folks can't make a decision on/have any voting stock on (really u can only comment on it to yourself), and vice versa, and 4 all races for that matter.  im just making a point that there's too many outsiderz who have access to the eyes of people in high places veses the others that should.  if u were to give a black kid in every ghetto, suburb, and million dollar mansion a computer with access to only hip hop websites/blogs then the game would be lookin' real different right now and bloggers (*cough cough* white people) wouldn't have so much freedom/clout in saying what's hot and what's not.

truthfully, that's what's fuckin' the game, too many people who just don't understand it in the 1st place (just like in 86' and 92').  look at what i said in the 1st paragraph (in this reply), it starts out just like that, for every 1 sane person who actually has knowledge there's 2000 more people who are just ignorant and really give rap music a bad name.  too many rappers have to "play" into tha "hip hop is dead"/"rap has been trash 4 tha past 10 years"/ or the infamous "I dont hate on it but i'm a lil' too old 2 "crank that" even tho i'm still a die hard electric slide fanatic" just so they can stay relevant even tho they probably feel just the opposite.

and so what if i write chapters lol, im speakin on some real shit.  u'd appreciate it if u were as passionate about the game as i am.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:12:10 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »
You're an idiot. At no time have I ever said 89-99 put out the best music ever. I stick up for the new era of music all the time, and I do it way better than your ass does. You choose mostly (imo) shitty songs to defend your opinion with when you should be the last person defending the state of hip hop, that's why I'm hard on you sometimes. Prince is completely right. There's definitely good music out there, but you have to look for it. The internet has give us freedom of choice about our music, so we aren't forced to listen to the same 10 songs over and over again, just because some white executive at Clear Channel decides to only play the music of the major labels that are paying him. You want to think its only a black thing go ahead, just be aware that there's a white guy at the top, pulling the strings and telling you what songs to listen to and laughing straight to the bank.

I listen to a wide variety of hip hop, and in a lot of cases sampling produces better instrumentals than original music. Because these producers are sampling from real musicians who make real unique stuff, classic type shit and they and put their spin on it, sometimes changing it completely and giving it a modern, urban vibe. As opposed to some new age producer coming up with a generic beat using pro tools. Now that's not always the case. A lot of hip hop producers can come up with some really unique stuff. But most of the shit I hear from the mainstream tip is some manufactured techno crap. I barely even consider it hip hop anymore. Sorry, but I'd take sampling over that any day.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:09:09 PM by Rapsodie »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2009, 04:08:27 PM »
can we just agree that there isn't much mainstream rap (if any) worth listening to or arguing for & some underground shit is just as good as ever?

you're trying to argue with a guy who said Premo wasn't anything special; it's a waste of time. :-X

Step your pimp game up. Them rhymes are weak

he rhymed "internet" with..."internet". :D

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2009, 04:15:03 PM »
I'm gonna give my honest opinion about hip hop: I hope it dies. I hope it becomes non-profitable and people move on to the next big thing. I hope it stops being a business and goes back to its roots and being about the music. It's time for a change. The FCC needs to shut Clear Channel down. CC is the fucking anti-christ of the music industry.

LAX CITY LIGHTS

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »
HIP HOP WILL NEVER DIE AS LONG AS THERES REAL MUTHAFUCKIN MCS LIKE ME TREATING IT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. WHEN I GET ON THE MIC I TREAT HIP HOP LIKE ITS MY BITCH. SOMETIMES I WANT TO LAY DOWN WITH IT AND MAKE SWEET LOVE AND OTHER TIMES I WANT TO PULL MY DIC OUT ITS ASSHOLE AND SHOVE IT DOWN ITS THROAT. THAT WILL NEVER DIE REAL MCS LIVE FOREVER  8) 8) 8) LAMB