Author Topic: Is rap music really all that shitty as people make it seem?  (Read 1557 times)

westsiderider323

Re: Is rap music really all that shitty as people make it seem?
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »
HIP HOP WILL NEVER DIE AS LONG AS THERES REAL MUTHAFUCKIN MCS LIKE ME TREATING IT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. WHEN I GET ON THE MIC I TREAT HIP HOP LIKE ITS MY BITCH. SOMETIMES I WANT TO LAY DOWN WITH IT AND MAKE SWEET LOVE AND OTHER TIMES I WANT TO PULL MY DIC OUT ITS ASSHOLE AND SHOVE IT DOWN ITS THROAT. THAT WILL NEVER DIE REAL MCS LIVE FOREVER  8) 8) 8) LAMB

the mic dies when ya stank gets near it just stfu

LAX CITY LIGHTS

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 04:22:28 PM »
HIP HOP WILL NEVER DIE AS LONG AS THERES REAL MUTHAFUCKIN MCS LIKE ME TREATING IT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. WHEN I GET ON THE MIC I TREAT HIP HOP LIKE ITS MY BITCH. SOMETIMES I WANT TO LAY DOWN WITH IT AND MAKE SWEET LOVE AND OTHER TIMES I WANT TO PULL MY DIC OUT ITS ASSHOLE AND SHOVE IT DOWN ITS THROAT. THAT WILL NEVER DIE REAL MCS LIVE FOREVER  8) 8) 8) LAMB

the mic dies when ya stank gets near it just stfu
PLAYA HATER  8) 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2009, 04:23:14 PM »
You're an idiot. At no time have I ever said 89-99 put out the best music ever. I stick up for the new era of music all the time, and I do it way better than your ass does. You choose mostly (imo) shitty songs to defend your opinion with when you should be the last person defending the state of hip hop, that's why I'm hard on you sometimes. Prince is completely right. There's definitely good music out there, but you have to look for it. The internet has give us freedom of choice about our music, so we aren't forced to listen to the same 10 songs over and over again, just because some white executive at Clear Channel decides to only play the music of the major labels that are paying him. You want to think its only a black thing go ahead, just be aware that there's a white guy at the top, pulling the strings and telling you what songs to listen to and laughing straight to the bank.

I listen to a wide variety of hip hop, and in a lot of cases sampling produces better instrumentals than original music. Because these producers are sampling from real musicians who make real unique stuff, classic type shit and they and put their spin on it, sometimes changing it completely and giving it a modern, urban vibe. As opposed to some new age producer coming up with a generic beat using pro tools. Now that's not always the case. A lot of hip hop producers can come up with some really unique stuff. But most of the shit I hear from the mainstream tip is some manufactured techno crap. I barely even consider it hip hop anymore. Sorry, but I'd take sampling over that any day.

BLAH BLAH BLAH Get outchur feelings bitch... i read the 1st couple lines and realized u got caught up in your emotions so i stopped.  u never stick up 4 anybody new and finding GOOD Hip Hop isn't that hard, just look on youtube or imeem, get on AHH.com or SOHH.com or better yet like i tell everybody livemixtapes.com  people keep saying that shit blows me, it's not hard 2 find.  if jazzy, electic, renaissance hip hop is your thing then yeah u have a dig a lil' deepr for that but if u like up-to-date social commentary, positive outlook on life, god fearing, ride or die MC'ing then it's nothin but a mouse click and a google search away.  but i guess it would be hard looking for new hot hip hop if ur sitting on the couch all day listening to the radio and watching 106th and Park.  

and i like Preme, I just believe Pete Rock should be in his spot when it comes the representing an image of Hip Hop.  i love that beat he did on BISD, but when ppl say Preme is the greatest producer ever or he belongs in everybody's top 5 dead or alive then i see that as just jockin'.  his beats get boring and extremely repetitive.  enough said.  but this isn't about how i feel about Preme it's just tha facts of today and hip hop.  When ppl say "underground" what do u mean by that?  last time i checked everybody who's anybody or anybody who wants to be somebody has an internet page and access to the right spotlights, it's not hard if u have skill, even if u only possess a little.  

and now i realize i can't argue with white kids about hip hop, y'all just don't hear the shit tha same way (most) blacks do.  all u hear is a good beat and good lyrics and good rhythms and candences, but what y'all don't get is the feeling or being able to relate to it like we do.  And since everybody's tryna be mature or right or feel like their opinion is better.  when u hear "fuck the police" what do u hear?  when u hear "911 is a joke" or "georgia bush" by lil' wayne what do u hear, what do u feel, how deep can u feel it... honestly.  this is your chance to show and prove to tha world that ur just not some regular white boy hip hop fans.  don't tell me what u see or tell me the usually BULLSHIT/cliche lines about hip hop post 2001.  tell me some real shit, tell me what u know about what they talk about (the goats of rap - face, pac, etc), tell me how it inspires u, tell us what u see/what's your vision when u hear the music, tell me what u remember about the times when all of this shit was coming out.  tell me how u felt when u first heard "Tha Carter" - young or old niggaz couldn't deny Wayne and all of the young niggas wanted to be Wayne.... tell me what u know about all of this shit.  what does it mean 2 u when u hear wisdom by niggaz like Drake and Nipsey Hussle.  i really wanna know, whatchu' kno good?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »
if your soul wasn't transformed when u heard "someday" by Scarface then you just don't see the true meaning of it all, your just another text book case of another white person trying to judge niggas.    real talk  read between the lines of what i'm sayin

greatest song i've heard all of my life

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:31:59 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2009, 04:35:53 PM »
When ppl say "underground" what do u mean by that?  last time i checked everybody who's anybody or anybody who wants to be somebody has an internet page and access to the right spotlights, it's not hard if u have skill, even if u only possess a little.  

can you name me 5 super successful rap singles in the last 3 years that didn't have Wayne, Drake, Kanye or Autotune?

Jay's Empire State of Mind is one; i even give you one, can you name four more?

you have to be a certain somebody or fall victim to a certain formula to be successful.

currently bumping the HopSin album (fuckin' awesome), something you can "relate to" without being tricked into listening to good beats & sub-par rapping; is he going to sell? fuck no, but that means he lacks skill? not at all, i prefer him over Jeezy who you "relate to" with his ad-libs & talking of trapping. :-X

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2009, 04:37:16 PM »
When ppl say "underground" what do u mean by that?  last time i checked everybody who's anybody or anybody who wants to be somebody has an internet page and access to the right spotlights, it's not hard if u have skill, even if u only possess a little.  

can you name me 5 super successful rap singles in the last 3 years that didn't have Wayne, Drake, Kanye or Autotune?

you have to be a certain somebody or fall victim to a certain formula to be successful.

currently bumping the HopSin album (fuckin' awesome), something you can "relate to" without being tricked into listening to good beats & sub-par rapping; is he going to sell? fuck no, but that means he lacks skill? not at all, i prefer him over Jeezy who you "relate to" with his ad-libs & talking of trapping. :-X

i swear u expose urself as 1 of the biggest haters in this world

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2009, 04:39:25 PM »
wtf, none of this dude's posts make any sense. Should I even bother responding to his 3 paragraphs? Retard keeps bringing up race when I'm not even white  :D

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »
well then answer the questions... it's not hard.  it should come to u naturally.  am i making u uncomfortable.  i didn't mean 2 this time, i just want answers.  y'all ignorance towards me is blinding.  i just wanna know who im talkin to. 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »

i see that's the only thing u can answer back (with ur bitchass sarcasm)  ur a loser and a hater, i betchu' upnorth alotta ppl probably dont even fuck wit u.  u come across as a bama foreal.  ur real thoro with the pussyfittin' and the pointdexter come backs.  u mean that's the only thing that i said that matters?  u have 2 take a L for that 1

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »
^lol, nice excuse to not answer the question.

it wasn't sarcasm, it was a serious question lol.

you can't name them & you would rather listen to wack mainstream music because it sells opposed to good non-selling music, it's your opinion; it just sucks.

you even went as far as bringing race in the discussion because you know how have to reach THAT far to just change the subject because you realize you're rambling about nonsense.

if my comebacks are too "pointdexter" for you, you just show you're illiterate retardation lol.

you try to discuss music & then when people disagree with you, you automatically call them white morons who know nothing & you're so smart because you fuck with Jeezy LMFAO! what a lame!

the funniest thing is how you use the internet to be a tough guy & talk like a badass, when in reality, you, me & the rest of the world knows that you're a pussy.

:loser:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »

BLAH BLAH BLAH Get outchur feelings bitch... i read the 1st couple lines and realized u got caught up in your emotions so i stopped.  u never stick up 4 anybody new and finding GOOD Hip Hop isn't that hard, just look on youtube or imeem, get on AHH.com or SOHH.com or better yet like i tell everybody livemixtapes.com  people keep saying that shit blows me, it's not hard 2 find.  if jazzy, electic, renaissance hip hop is your thing then yeah u have a dig a lil' deepr for that but if u like up-to-date social commentary, positive outlook on life, god fearing, ride or die MC'ing then it's nothin but a mouse click and a google search away.  but i guess it would be hard looking for new hot hip hop if ur sitting on the couch all day listening to the radio and watching 106th and Park.  

you couldn't hurt my feelings if you tried. Please try. Its entertaining if anything.

Didn't you just say that the internet was bad for hip hop? And now you just listed a bunch of websites. You contradict yourself so much it ain't even funny anymore, its sad. You mention google and hip hop websites, that's what I meant when I said you have to "look for" music. I never said it was hard. But its not fed to you like mainstream music is.

oh, and I don't watch 106th and Park or listen to the radio. Any retard should be able to gather that from my previously stated opinions about clear channel. You're clearly feeling it bad when you get to the point where you have to make stuff up about me.

and i like Preme, I just believe Pete Rock should be in his spot when it comes the representing an image of Hip Hop.  i love that beat he did on BISD, but when ppl say Preme is the greatest producer ever or he belongs in everybody's top 5 dead or alive then i see that as just jockin'.  his beats get boring and extremely repetitive.  enough said.  but this isn't about how i feel about Preme it's just tha facts of today and hip hop.  When ppl say "underground" what do u mean by that?  last time i checked everybody who's anybody or anybody who wants to be somebody has an internet page and access to the right spotlights, it's not hard if u have skill, even if u only possess a little.  

I see underground as anyone who isn't signed to a major. FACT: unless you are at a major, and your major shills out money to Clear Channel, you won't get any radio spins. I know we all want to believe that the internet is the big thing but the truth is that most people still listen to the radio and haven't moved on from that yet. The majority of the people I know listen to the radio. They aren't going around checking people's myspaces for music.

Now I'm just pointing this out because you asked. Personally I could give a fuck about majors, but from what you have said before, the popularity of a rapper is very important to you.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »
LOL, talk about classic posts;

Jay > Ra
Wayne > Ra
Ye' > Ra
Crooked I > Ra
Eminem > Ra
Saigon > Ra
Royce Da 5'9 > Ra (and i dont even fuck wit Royce like that)

"Ra" is none other than THE GOD, Rakim. :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »

and now i realize i can't argue with white kids about hip hop, y'all just don't hear the shit tha same way (most) blacks do.  all u hear is a good beat and good lyrics and good rhythms and candences, but what y'all don't get is the feeling or being able to relate to it like we do.  And since everybody's tryna be mature or right or feel like their opinion is better.  when u hear "fuck the police" what do u hear?  when u hear "911 is a joke" or "georgia bush" by lil' wayne what do u hear, what do u feel, how deep can u feel it... honestly.  this is your chance to show and prove to tha world that ur just not some regular white boy hip hop fans.  don't tell me what u see or tell me the usually BULLSHIT/cliche lines about hip hop post 2001.  tell me some real shit, tell me what u know about what they talk about (the goats of rap - face, pac, etc), tell me how it inspires u, tell us what u see/what's your vision when u hear the music, tell me what u remember about the times when all of this shit was coming out.  tell me how u felt when u first heard "Tha Carter" - young or old niggaz couldn't deny Wayne and all of the young niggas wanted to be Wayne.... tell me what u know about all of this shit.  what does it mean 2 u when u hear wisdom by niggaz like Drake and Nipsey Hussle.  i really wanna know, whatchu' kno good?

What I want to know is how the music speaks to you. How does "Lollipop" speak to you? How does "A Millie" speak to you? How does "Mrs. Officer" speak to you? How does "The Best I Ever Had" speak to you? These are nothing more than songs for people to shake their asses to in a club.

The funny thing is that this so-called "hood shit" doesn't even speak to you. Do you walk around strapped everyday? How many years have you spent in prison? Have you killed anyone? Nigga please. Even the rapper's spitting it haven't done half the shit they talk about.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 05:07:11 PM by Rapsodie »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »
^because he gets it in like that.

he gets his Lollipop sucked by police officers, collects his million & then tells the cop it was the best he ever hard; isn't it obvious?

dude lives the life.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »
i wish i had that Cam pic that says "You Mad" bcuz ALL of that shit y'all just wrote is pure bitchassness at it's finest.  y'all r still avoiding the questions i asked and are still making untruthful assumptions about me even tho i like most of songs y'all try 2 diss.  lol it's pretty clear i touched a nerve.  any normal person would've just read what i wrote and answered them in a normal fashion (since both of y'all are trying to talk about me it's only right that u read ALL OF what i'm writing instead of cherry picking lines that could go either way if u put tha right spin on it).  until u can answer my questions i can't answer yours.  u keep acting like i can't clutch on to my blackness and talk about hip hop at tha same time, u both take L's for that. 

it's looking like ur frustrations r coming out lol... just answer the questions.  i gave y'all a shot without tha sarcasm, but i guess y'all only read what y'all wanted to read.