Author Topic: YOUR OPINION: Did Dr. Dre ghost produce on "Dogg Food"?  (Read 5924 times)

Okka

There's just a general confusion over what a producer is.

Yeah, that's true and this topic is another proof of it. People still think that Dre makes the beats himself. He has a band of musicians that's in his control. In the Death Row days he had Warren G, Daz, J.Flexx, Sam Sneed and others, when he was workin' on "2001" he had Mel-Man, Scott Storch, Mike Elizondo and others. It's the truth and the truth hurts some people.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yes. In most cases, dre doesnt necessarily play the instruments, he is more of a musical director. He leads the musicians to create a sound he wants.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yeah, that's true and this topic is another proof of it. People still think that Dre makes the beats himself. He has a band of musicians that's in his control. In the Death Row days he had Warren G, Daz, J.Flexx, Sam Sneed and others, when he was workin' on "2001" he had Mel-Man, Scott Storch, Mike Elizondo and others. It's the truth and the truth hurts some people.

and there you go, Okka just cosigned what i said . So what Devil surely meant was that it's the Dre sound that's present all along the album. That's true, just that DRE is just one of the many people responsible for the DRE sound lol.

Okka

The.Ultimate.Pianist where's that 50 Cent GIF from?

Blood$

this is basically the same exact thread NIK made a few months back

Okka

this is basically the same exact thread NIK made a few months back

This is basically the same exact thread you see on the WCC section every month at least once :D

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The.Ultimate.Pianist where's that 50 Cent GIF from?

I filmed it myself on my phone when I told him Game was in the studio every night with Dre.  ;D

haha seriously tho...

I might be wrong, but if i'm not mistaken it's from one of the Pimpin Curly episodes where Curly meets 50 cent.

Edit: its the episode where 50 cent the hustler meets 50 cent the business man.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 03:48:47 PM by The.Ultimate.Pianist »

OG Hack Wilson

NIK made this thread not too long ago
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

nateandmiles

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • We shook dre punk azz now he outta di closet!!
Daz produced the album, i think dre mixed it ..dj pooh produced and mixed 2 tracks ...soopafly played keys ...this album is signature Daz...dre aint do shit here ..but just mix it down .anyone have that one old mtv raps episode where they had daz in the studio working on "reality" ....and then kurupt and rage did a lil freestyle...it makes sense to have dre on the album since he is famous ..its a business move..plus at the time delores tucker was on their azz ..and coolio had hit after hit ..correct me if im wrong ?? you have to distinguish between
producer - daz, dj pooh and i think kurupt or soopa did that one last track "So much style"..
musicians - soopafly and carl butch small, diggity daz
mixer - dr dre
mastering - mastering co.

just like 2pac all eyez on me ..dj quick mixed that entire record...no ???

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:52:16 PM by nateandmiles »

Jimmy H.

Yes. In most cases, dre doesnt necessarily play the instruments, he is more of a musical director. He leads the musicians to create a sound he wants.
Well, that's generally the role of the producer. The problem with rap is people fixate on who made the beat when it ain't really that important or at least, it's not the whole aspect of what being a producer is. For me, a greater discussion that kind of came and went without a whole lot of attention was that Crooked I freestyle track on that Death Row boxset that was credited as "produced by Dr. Dre". There to me was borderline false advertising. I can accept Dre as a credited producer on a track if he takes someone beat and adds his own layers to it, constructs the chorus, has a hand in either coaching the rapper or twisting the acapella, and puts his creative stamp of approval on the finished product. I don't think if a rapper takes a Dre instrumental and rhymes over it, that it's produced by Dre.

I'd venture to argue Dre had little to do with "Dogg Food". He obviously influenced it but by 1995, the basic concensious was Dre was not as heavily involved with Death Row as he once was. Outside of the well-documented issues from that time of Dre mostly working at his own in-house studio, there was a very visible creative shift around 1994 or so were the projects were moving in a much different direction. D.O.C. and RBX were gone. The projects that were coming out at that time were good but "Murder Was The Case" and "Above The Rim" were clearly not entirely overseen by Dre. I'm sure Dre was coaching Daz quite a bit at this point but "Dogg Food" is not a Dr. Dre-helmed project anymore than "All Eyez On Me" is.

As for the topic itself, there was a nearly-identical thread like two months ago. The West really needs more going on. We're still talking about albums from 1992-97 and the discussion is just redudant.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Well, that's generally the role of the producer. The problem with rap is people fixate on who made the beat when it ain't really that important or at least, it's not the whole aspect of what being a producer is. For me, a greater discussion that kind of came and went without a whole lot of attention was that Crooked I freestyle track on that Death Row boxset that was credited as "produced by Dr. Dre". There to me was borderline false advertising. I can accept Dre as a credited producer on a track if he takes someone beat and adds his own layers to it, constructs the chorus, has a hand in either coaching the rapper or twisting the acapella, and puts his creative stamp of approval on the finished product. I don't think if a rapper takes a Dre instrumental and rhymes over it, that it's produced by Dre.

I'd venture to argue Dre had little to do with "Dogg Food". He obviously influenced it but by 1995, the basic concensious was Dre was not as heavily involved with Death Row as he once was. Outside of the well-documented issues from that time of Dre mostly working at his own in-house studio, there was a very visible creative shift around 1994 or so were the projects were moving in a much different direction. D.O.C. and RBX were gone. The projects that were coming out at that time were good but "Murder Was The Case" and "Above The Rim" were clearly not entirely overseen by Dre. I'm sure Dre was coaching Daz quite a bit at this point but "Dogg Food" is not a Dr. Dre-helmed project anymore than "All Eyez On Me" is.

As for the topic itself, there was a nearly-identical thread like two months ago. The West really needs more going on. We're still talking about albums from 1992-97 and the discussion is just redudant.

That last part is so true

SAINTX111

• 'G'
Yeah yeah, it WAS Dre. Anyway, when the hell is Dre gonna produce his own damn record?! I swear, Dre's gonna die before he finishes Detox. And his will is going to read that he never wants it released. Talk about "forgot about Dre"..... that shit is literal now.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
if were talkin about albums from years ago....isnt that a good thing that were talkin about albums from that long ago?
classic, dope albums, dope muzik....why not discuss it?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Invincible

if were talkin about albums from years ago....isnt that a good thing that were talkin about albums from that long ago?
classic, dope albums, dope muzik....why not discuss it?

Not when the same thing has been discussed just a couple of months ago.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Yeah yeah, it WAS Dre. Anyway, when the hell is Dre gonna produce his own damn record?! I swear, Dre's gonna die before he finishes Detox. And his will is going to read that he never wants it released. Talk about "forgot about Dre"..... that shit is literal now.

LOLOLOL. CLASSIC.
it feels like that messing with Dre & Dteox.
Someone on here else said called it Botox cause we'll be old by then in need of cosmetic maintenance. LOL