Author Topic: YOUR OPINION: Did Dr. Dre ghost produce on "Dogg Food"?  (Read 5929 times)

Paul

Re: YOUR OPINION: Did Dr. Dre ghost produce on "Dogg Food"?
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2009, 08:25:54 AM »
Dogg Food should have been produced by Dre

No way Dre Day, Perfect as it is
funkyfreshintheflesh

kuruptDPG

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »

exactly, its best dre didnt even produce a song for the album imo

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »
no
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »
*bettr than anything on DoggFood.  This whole album is slightly above DoggFood.

lol at that garbage. every track on dogg food is better than that loud annoying garbage.

Great track but what the fuck does Sticky Fingaz have to do with Tha Dogg Pound?

nothin'.  people just ride Suge's dick too much.  DeathRow is dead even if it's WideAwake.  Talk about somethin' more new, DoggFood isn't all that great compared to more recenter records (post-2000)

What would say are the best albums, post 2000?

i'll name a few

mista dont play - project pat 2001
layin da smackdown - project pat 2002
stillmatic - nas 2001
the inspiration - jeezy 2006
word of mouf - luda 2001
theatre of the mind - luda 2008
release therapy - luda 2006
urban legend - ti 2004
the fix - face 2002
gods son - nas 2003
r.a.w - daz 2000
space boogie - kurupt 2001
the real testament - plies 2006
MADE - face 2007
btnhressurrection - bone 2000
UGK - UGK 2007
tha carter 1 & 2 - lil wayne
Bullets Ain't Got No Name Vol. III - nipsey 2008
Black Trash - The Autobio of Kirk Jones - sticky fingaz 2001

there's a few more, too many to name (including mixtapes/mainly mixtape tracks).  we used to wait years for albums, with the mixtape game nowadays u get new music atleast every 6 months, i figure u can just take the best tracks off of the tapes and grind em together on 1 album (even between the years)

and if u haven't actually took time to listen to tha album or just plain hate tha whole swag of some of the albums (plz save it 4 some1 that'll take ur bitching/opinion serious).

I'm surprised. There's actually some good albums on that list. But I'll be real. Half the albums on that list ain't fucking with the classics though.

Jeezy, nah. Word of Mouf was dope, but release therapy and theatre of the mind aren't great albums, r.a.w. nah, space boogie nah, plies fuck naw, carter naw. Some of these are good or decent albums, but they aren't masterpieces.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2009, 08:52:44 AM »
it is what it is.

daz produced, dre exec produced and mixed. the most you can get me to believe is that dre may have worked a little extra stuff on 'let's play house'.

213's reunion album taught me that production credits are pretty honest.

they could have pleased hardcore fans like me and just lied and said warren g produced some shit on 'the hard way' but they didn't....cause he didn't produce that shit.

dogg food could have sold even more records even if it just bore the lie on the cover saying "produced by dr.dre" but it didn't....

cause he didn't produce that shit.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2009, 01:14:40 AM »

to each is own.
for me, it could have been up there with The Chronic & Doggystyle

Back in early 1995, during the height of the Death Row era, there was a buzz on the streets about Tha Dogg Pound's debut album.

LOL...how old were you in 1995?  I'm sure you knew all about the buzz on the streets while sleeping in your crib...

There is no doubt at all that Dre had NOTHING to do w/ Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back, and the production on there is top notch, so no I don't think that Dre ghost produced the album.  If Dre had anything to do with producing the album then he for sure would have gotten credit for it.  Many claim he has gotten credit for stuff he wasn't really involved with, so why would he not take credit for something?  Also, Can't C Me was removed because Daz didn't want any Dre production on the album.
Dogg Food sounds different than Daz' album though
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:16:32 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2009, 04:52:35 PM »
Sticky Figaz debut album was definitely an overlooked near classic and the original version (which played out like a movie with 30+ tracks) was even better

Never heard that shit, you got it?

no bullshit, where'd u get that from.  i never heard of that.  i need that shit asap

i got it as an advance before the cd even got released...its on a cdr, ill up it when i get a chance, just pm me 8)

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2009, 05:03:42 PM »
it is what it is.

daz produced, dre exec produced and mixed. the most you can get me to believe is that dre may have worked a little extra stuff on 'let's play house'.

213's reunion album taught me that production credits are pretty honest.

they could have pleased hardcore fans like me and just lied and said warren g produced some shit on 'the hard way' but they didn't....cause he didn't produce that shit.

dogg food could have sold even more records even if it just bore the lie on the cover saying "produced by dr.dre" but it didn't....

cause he didn't produce that shit.

-T

yea, i'm sure that production credits are honest 99.9% of the time, but theres always the exceptions with shit goin on under the table...for instance, daz and dre coulda had a lowkey agreement between them, considering daz (along with a few other musicians) didnt get the proper credits for the production on "chornic" or "doggystyle"...also, having a full album produced by daz coulda been a marketting scheme to help get daz's name out there as a producer...but like i said, we'll never know for sure. i can only go by what my ear tells me.

acgrundy

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2009, 05:47:21 PM »
^^^right, cause having Dre's name on the hit single wouldn't help it sell right?  Why the hell was Cali Love the first single of 2Pac's album?

Dre was w/o a doubt, hands down, the number 1 westcoast producer when he was at DR.  His name sold records.  Everyone in charge at DR and Interscope would have marketed the fucking hell out of Dre as a producer if he had actually produced.

Shit, Suge even advertised the dogg pound 2002 album with the Dr Dre remix as the first single even though in the credits it lists Big Hutch!  Dr. Dre sells records!

There is no fucking insider agreements between Dre and Daz...it goes way beyond them.  They have to please the record exec's like Jimmy Iovine.  If Dre produced on that album, you can sure as shit believe that Jimmy Iovine along w/ Suge, would have marketed the hell out of it w/ Dre's name on it.

Taclivin

• 'G'
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 07:39:16 PM »
^^^right, cause having Dre's name on the hit single wouldn't help it sell right?  Why the hell was Cali Love the first single of 2Pac's album?

Dre was w/o a doubt, hands down, the number 1 westcoast producer when he was at DR.  His name sold records.  Everyone in charge at DR and Interscope would have marketed the fucking hell out of Dre as a producer if he had actually produced.

Shit, Suge even advertised the dogg pound 2002 album with the Dr Dre remix as the first single even though in the credits it lists Big Hutch!  Dr. Dre sells records!

There is no fucking insider agreements between Dre and Daz...it goes way beyond them.  They have to please the record exec's like Jimmy Iovine.  If Dre produced on that album, you can sure as shit believe that Jimmy Iovine along w/ Suge, would have marketed the hell out of it w/ Dre's name on it.
co-sign

TRG

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009, 08:03:57 PM »
In my opinion: Dre didnt do any "production" on the album. But i do believe he had a hand in "Lets Play House" and "Respect", but i dont think it was enough to say it was "production" or "co-production".

Like someone said, If Dre really did do production on the album. You'd definetly be told about it. He probably would've been on the cover or somethin  :laugh:

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2009, 01:02:27 AM »
It's kinda funny how some people on the forum always defend people like Daz, Warren and Porkchop Dean when Daz says they produced shit on chronic and doggystyle and not getting any credit, but when it's about Dre producing and not getting credit (and I'm not actually saying he did) people are never giving him the benefit of the doubt
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Al Bundy

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2009, 01:05:00 AM »
It's kinda funny how some people on the forum always defend people like Daz, Warren and Porkchop Dean when Daz says they produced shit on chronic and doggystyle and not getting any credit, but when it's about Dre producing and not getting credit (and I'm not actually saying he did) people are never giving him the benefit of the doubt

one of the many mysteries of dubcc like why do some people on here care so much about some nobodies on death row

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2009, 02:08:35 AM »
yeah it's like this:

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2009, 02:38:21 PM »

I dont think u get what I'm saying...a big part of it coulda been them tryna market Daz as the next big Death Row producer, so that they could have 2 elite producers under their label and not just one. they may have assumed that they could build up Daz to Dre status by doing that, thus selling even more records in the future..it's a pretty simple concept and it has been used in the past. not saying it's what happened, but you shooting down the possibility based on marketing purposes is pretty ridiculous.