Author Topic: YOUR OPINION: Did Dr. Dre ghost produce on "Dogg Food"?  (Read 5919 times)

acgrundy

Re: YOUR OPINION: Did Dr. Dre ghost produce on "Dogg Food"?
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »
^^^right, cause having Dre's name on the hit single wouldn't help it sell right?  Why the hell was Cali Love the first single of 2Pac's album?

Dre was w/o a doubt, hands down, the number 1 westcoast producer when he was at DR.  His name sold records.  Everyone in charge at DR and Interscope would have marketed the fucking hell out of Dre as a producer if he had actually produced.

Shit, Suge even advertised the dogg pound 2002 album with the Dr Dre remix as the first single even though in the credits it lists Big Hutch!  Dr. Dre sells records!

There is no fucking insider agreements between Dre and Daz...it goes way beyond them.  They have to please the record exec's like Jimmy Iovine.  If Dre produced on that album, you can sure as shit believe that Jimmy Iovine along w/ Suge, would have marketed the hell out of it w/ Dre's name on it.

I dont think u get what I'm saying...a big part of it coulda been them tryna market Daz as the next big Death Row producer, so that they could have 2 elite producers under their label and not just one. they may have assumed that they could build up Daz to Dre status by doing that, thus selling even more records in the future..it's a pretty simple concept and it has been used in the past. not saying it's what happened, but you shooting down the possibility based on marketing purposes is pretty ridiculous.

Its not ridiculous at all...your logic is ridiculous.  DJ Pooh produced both Smooth and NY, NY.  Smooth was the original first single of the album, and NY NY ended up being the 2nd single.  So that basically throws your entire theory out the window.  If they were trying to market and make Daz the next big producer, then why have DJ Pooh produced singles?

Muhfukka

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2009, 04:35:37 PM »
^^^right, cause having Dre's name on the hit single wouldn't help it sell right?  Why the hell was Cali Love the first single of 2Pac's album?

Dre was w/o a doubt, hands down, the number 1 westcoast producer when he was at DR.  His name sold records.  Everyone in charge at DR and Interscope would have marketed the fucking hell out of Dre as a producer if he had actually produced.

Shit, Suge even advertised the dogg pound 2002 album with the Dr Dre remix as the first single even though in the credits it lists Big Hutch!  Dr. Dre sells records!

There is no fucking insider agreements between Dre and Daz...it goes way beyond them.  They have to please the record exec's like Jimmy Iovine.  If Dre produced on that album, you can sure as shit believe that Jimmy Iovine along w/ Suge, would have marketed the hell out of it w/ Dre's name on it.

I dont think u get what I'm saying...a big part of it coulda been them tryna market Daz as the next big Death Row producer, so that they could have 2 elite producers under their label and not just one. they may have assumed that they could build up Daz to Dre status by doing that, thus selling even more records in the future..it's a pretty simple concept and it has been used in the past. not saying it's what happened, but you shooting down the possibility based on marketing purposes is pretty ridiculous.

Its not ridiculous at all...your logic is ridiculous.  DJ Pooh produced both Smooth and NY, NY.  Smooth was the original first single of the album, and NY NY ended up being the 2nd single.  So that basically throws your entire theory out the window.  If they were trying to market and make Daz the next big producer, then why have DJ Pooh produced singles?

because nik is a fuckin kike and he always has to point his bony little fingers at someone

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2009, 06:23:36 PM »

Both of you are right.  But I think it's safe to say that Dre put something towards the production.  Daz did a little something on The Chronic & Doggystyle (we need to stop obsessing and talking about these albums btw, this shit is mad corny now) and Dre was listed as the producer so Dre probably returned the favor on DoggFood and called it a day.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »
i think quik had his hands in dogg food...

kuz david blake is in the notes..

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2009, 08:55:23 PM »

"Lets Play House" was the lead single and it was credited as a Daz beat (sounds identical to a Dre production, though)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2009, 10:02:16 PM »
i feel you but if i had to go on what my ear says, Daz' production on dogg food, while dre influenced, doesn't sound like the handiwork of dr.dre except maaaaaybe let's play house and even that is tenuous speculation. daz's shit has a more metered, programmed sound. I am pretty familiar with Daz's work and it is consistent with how he would continue to sound for the next decade...

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »
i think quik had his hands in dogg food...

kuz david blake is in the notes..

Probably did. 

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »
Maybe I'm boring or I'm getting too old for this $hit, but it's really lame having to read the conspiracy theorists always talking this and that about ghost production.

Is there something wrong with me for believing Dre produced Chronic and Doggystyle, while Daz produced Dogg Food?

Dre's production team on The Chronic is listed in the booklet.  Daz' production team on Dogg Food is also listed in the booklet.  But that's not good enough for the conspiracy theorists  ::)

Unless and until Dr. Dre himself breaks the news that Daz and Warren G produced tracks on The Chronic and Doggystyle, or Daz himself admits Dre produced on Dogg Food, I don't believe any of these Internet rumors.  You know, what's more believable -- official production credits listed in the CD booklet, or some wispered conspiracy rumors that keep floating around on the Internet?  Which one is more legitimate and permissable as evidence in a court of law?  That alone should answer the question posed by this thread.  Conspiracy theorists can believe what they want, but that doesn't mean they are in touch with reality.

And, no, Detox being a myth is not a conspiracy theory and I'm not a hypocrite...that's something else entirely because there's no contradictory evidence to support the claim that Detox is NOT a myth.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:54:18 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

G-Funk

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »
Only thing that sounds Dre influenced to me is Let's Play House, the drums especially. but that could just be the drums only, not the production.

or, how bout you just ask Daz? dude livestreams every now and then.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2009, 04:46:41 AM »
Only thing that sounds Dre influenced to me is Let's Play House, the drums especially. but that could just be the drums only, not the production.

or, how bout you just ask Daz? dude livestreams every now and then.

thats what i was gonna say. michelle said in the deathrowforum.com interview that dre first gave the beat to her and then dogg pound twisted it

me1

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2009, 04:56:46 AM »
i feel you but if i had to go on what my ear says, Daz' production on dogg food, while dre influenced, doesn't sound like the handiwork of dr.dre except maaaaaybe let's play house and even that is tenuous speculation. daz's shit has a more metered, programmed sound. I am pretty familiar with Daz's work and it is consistent with how he would continue to sound for the next decade...

-T

I agree with this 100%. 

Maybe Dre had a big hand in mixing, though. And if he did, they may have intentionally not credited him for it because of the Ruthless drama.

I say that because I believe at that point that Eazy was still owed some of any Dre related royalties from Ruthless.  "Dre Day make Eazy pay day."

Invincible

« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »

-T

I agree with this 100%. 

Maybe Dre had a big hand in mixing, though. And if he did, they may have intentionally not credited him for it because of the Ruthless drama.

I say that because I believe at that point that Eazy was still owed some of any Dre related royalties from Ruthless.  "Dre Day make Eazy pay day."

???

Doggystylin

I'm willing to bet that Dr. Dre produced most of Dogg Food if not all of it.
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2010, 02:52:18 PM »
Just listen to it front to back. Dre is on there, you hear him at the start of Let's Play House, Respect. He's in the credits. He was the main producer at Death Row at that time but more than anything it's the sound of the music. It SOUNDS like Dre. Even if it's really Daz producing this (which I doubt, he's completely doing Dre's thing. I think it was something along the lines of Dre producing the thing with Daz at his side taking notes and learning and at the end Dre for some reason decided to or was forced into giving Daz credit for producing the album.

Okka

Dre produced it, Daz, DJ Pooh and others made the beats. Even Snoop Dogg said that Dre doesn't create the beats but he produces the records and he said that Dr. Dre produced "What Would You Do" too plus he said that Warren G and Daz had beats on "The Chronic" but Dre produced the records.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There's just a general confusion over what a producer is.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks