Author Topic: Horse Shoe G.A.N.G. - Gangsta M.C. [Discussion Thread]  (Read 553 times)

Okka

Horse Shoe G.A.N.G. - Gangsta M.C. [Discussion Thread]
« on: November 05, 2009, 01:34:57 AM »

1. Intro [Produced by Komplex]
2. Boyz On Tha Block (feat. Kobe) [Produced by Komplex]
3. Here We Go [Produced by Komplex]
4. Pimp Shit [Produced by Pistol]
5. Circle Gang Anthem Pt. 2 (feat. Crooked I & Kobe) [Produced by Komplex]
6. Cypher 1 (feat. Kid Vicious, Mykestro & Coniyac Da X.O) [Produced by Pistol]
7. Interlude [Produced by Komplex]
8. Deadbeat West [Produced by Komplex]
9. Watch Ya Mouth [Produced by Dae One]
10. Freak Wit Me [Produced by Komplex]
11. Come In Tha Place [Produced by Jim Gittum]
12. Cypher 2 (feat. Crooked I & Royce Da 5'9") [Produced by Komplex]
13. Long Beach Meeting (feat. Dynamic Certified & Karelezz) [Produced by Jim Gittum]
14. You Don't Wanna Fuck Wit Me (feat. Crooked I) [Produced by Pistol]
15. Outro [Produced by Komplex]

Have you heard the album yet? If you have, what's your opinions and thoughts about it?

EFFeX

Re: Horse Shoe G.A.N.G. - Gangsta M.C. [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:41:13 AM »
The album is insane. Yes, I know I'm a little biased, but I'm a fan of good music first and foremost.

I really respect these guys on how they set this project up too. They hit us with a bunch of new music on a weekly basis, dropped viral videos, started a great grassroots campaign and took a chance by putting the album out there for the world to hear. A lot of these other artists out there should have the confidence to take a chance like that. I can't believe it's finally out there after all these years!

As far as the music goes, I think the production is perfect for their style. They chose the right beats and simply did what they do best. My favorites right now are "Watch Ya Mouth", "Long Beach Meeting", "Pimp Shit" and "You Don't Wanna Fuck Wit Me". All those joints go HARD! All them dudes can spit too, it's crazy!

Much props to them, right now they got they are ranked at #1 on Amazon.com for digital West Coast Rap album.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 01:46:31 AM »
I havent heard the whole album just the tracks that they released before hand but those were dope. When I have some spare bandwidth I will check this then order over here if its super dope all the way through!  8)

EFFeX

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 01:53:07 AM »
I havent heard the whole album just the tracks that they released before hand but those were dope. When I have some spare bandwidth I will check this then order over here if its super dope all the way through!  8)

If you like the tracks that they leaked out, you are definitely going to be feeling this project. These dudes didn't dumb it down at all.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 04:53:08 AM »
I like the album after few listens. Some great spitting combined with some quality production and  great guests. Kobe  8)

lemme bump Boyz On Tha Block, hook is insane!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Okka

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 07:11:03 AM »
After the first listen from start to end i like this album, these dudes got some tight lyrics and the beats are mostly bangin'. I need to give it a few more spins today.

1nce was blind

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:52:35 AM »
I've been bumpin' this album steady since I copped it. I think it will be on heavy rotation for a while. I was anticipating a project from HSG since HHW & the Horseshoe weekly series only increased that anticipation. I am very pleased with this album & may even buy a few more copies for a few of my friends.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:32:29 PM by 1nce was blind »

Jome

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 06:36:53 AM »
Who's that fool rapping screaming nonsense with a shrill nasal voice on the intro ?

Ruined most of the album for me, Lil Wayne level annoying.  :rant:

Portugoal

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 06:53:13 AM »
I'm at track 6 now and so far I've only heard one decent (but nothing more than decent) track. The rest equals horse shit for me.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 07:02:02 AM »
Those emcees can spit thats a fact but I don't know after a first listen I'm not impressed, beats aint all that to me
I'll give it a second chance next week but so far its just an "alright" record, nothing much

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »
Anyone else notice Cypher 1 was a battle of the siblings?

HSG = Crook's brothers
Kid Vishis = Royce's brother
Mykestro = Battlecat's brother

Coniyac Da XO is the odd one on the track.  :P Even though she's Tray Deee's wifey and formerly from Doggy's Angels.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 01:36:02 AM »
Who's that fool rapping screaming nonsense with a shrill nasal voice on the intro ?

Ruined most of the album for me, Lil Wayne level annoying.  :rant:

kenny segal from hsg, hes like 17 years old i think.young dude

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM