Author Topic: HIPHOP cover versions (NWA,Snoop,Dre,etc.) oh, and they SUCK but its still funny  (Read 740 times)

David Gutterman

Ben folds - bitches aint shit (DR DRE)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6801257449c8ce44/

Nina Gordon – Straight Out of Comton (NWA)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/680126052768eff8/

Luka Bloom – I need love (LL cool j)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/68012724623b8fe9/

Dynamite Hack - Boyz In The Hood (NWA)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6801277875bc5611/

The Grourds – Gin and Juice (snoop)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/680128274b12303c/

Jonathan Coulton - Baby got Back (sir mix alot)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/68012960e3886c1e/

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
These don't suck. They're amazing. Keep in mind the intent is comedy and most of these guys are very talented musicians with a great sense of humor. How can you say they suck? (after the first batch of them though it loses it's charm).

midwestryder

These don't suck. They're amazing. Keep in mind the intent is comedy and most of these guys are very talented musicians with a great sense of humor. How can you say they suck? (after the first batch of them though it loses it's charm).
it seems disrespectful to make fun of classics like that. so do suck because it done by white boys who have no right to make fun of them  at all.

Portugoal

it seems disrespectful to make fun of classics like that. so do suck because it done by white boys who have no right to make fun of them  at all.

They wouldn't make a cover (humoristic or not) if they didn't respect the artist or the song.

midwestryder

They wouldn't make a cover (humoristic or not) if they didn't respect the artist or the song.
it don't matter it still comes off disrespectfull . none of these songs need covers &  should never be recovered like this at all. none of these songs are joke & should never be treated as joke!

Portugoal

it don't matter it still comes off disrespectfull . none of these songs need covers &  should never be recovered like this at all. none of these songs are joke & should never be treated as joke!

you know what's disrespectful? that dj who calls himself after the day that 2pac got shot, september 7th.

OchoCinco

Dynamite Hacks cover of 'boys in the hood' is classic, that shit dont suck!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

This is the United States of America, of course they have the right to make fun. It's called freedom of expression. And these songs are jokes. That's why it's funny when white guys sing those shitty lyrics. You don't see any comedic songs using 2Pac's Dear Mama or Gangstarr's Moment of Truth, because those are well written songs about real life, not bullshit fairytales about how tough these clowns think they are, or how bad they can make fun of women.

midwestryder

This is the United States of America, of course they have the right to make fun. It's called freedom of expression. And these songs are jokes. That's why it's funny when white guys sing those shitty lyrics. You don't see any comedic songs using 2Pac's Dear Mama or Gangstarr's Moment of Truth, because those are well written songs about real life, not bullshit fairytales about how tough these clowns think they are, or how bad they can make fun of women.
this has nothing to do with  freedom of expression or United States of America at all.. see this shows you have no clue at all. this is about respect . none of these song are not bullshit fairytales about how tough these clowns think they are, or how bad they can make fun of women. these songs are hip hop classics  & fall is the same category as 2Pac's Dear Mama or Gangstarr's Moment of Truth.this just shows your ignorance . none of these songs has shitty lyrics.. see these songs are one reason hip hop made it to the top . so you are 100% wrong .

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

this has nothing to do with  freedom of expression or United States of America at all.. see this shows you have no clue at all. this is about respect . none of these song are not bullshit fairytales about how tough these clowns think they are, or how bad they can make fun of women. these songs are hip hop classics  & fall is the same category as 2Pac's Dear Mama or Gangstarr's Moment of Truth.this just shows your ignorance . none of these songs has shitty lyrics.. see these songs are one reason hip hop made it to the top . so you are 100% wrong .

Gin and Juice, Boyz, and Bitches ain't Shit are fucking joke songs about nothing. Yeah I really liked them once. I really liked Saturday Morning cartoons once too. But I grew the fuck up. Baby Got Back is alright because it's tongue and cheek a comedic anyway. I Need Love a shitty love song with shitty lyrics.

The only decent song of the bunch is Compton and even that has too much grandeur and bravado. Flash's The Message was a much better representation of street life.

The lyrics weren't silly they wouldn't sound so silly being recited by nerdy white guys.

midwestryder

Gin and Juice, Boyz, and Bitches ain't Shit are fucking joke songs about nothing. Yeah I really liked them once. I really liked Saturday Morning cartoons once too. But I grew the fuck up. Baby Got Back is alright because it's tongue and cheek a comedic anyway. I Need Love a shitty love song with shitty lyrics.

The only decent song of the bunch is Compton and even that has too much grandeur and bravado. Flash's The Message was a much better representation of street life.

The lyrics weren't silly they wouldn't sound so silly being recited by nerdy white guys.
Gin and Juice (snoop), Boyz In The Hood (NWA),I need love (LL cool j),& bitches aint shit (DR DRE) are classics & are not joke songs at all. this just shows you don't know shit at all . i still like classic Saturday Morning cartoons  & not todays Saturday Morning cartoons . that is why i stil lwatch those  classic Saturday Morning cartoons on dvd or boomrang.the lyrics only sound silly with stupid white boys is becsuse of how the white boys sound . they don't even do the song right at all. you can never call a classic like these joke or you just stupid ignorant jackass with no clue at all. Gin and Juice (snoop), &  Boyz In The Hood (NWA) are classic story telling songs .
grandeur and bravado?  i call it bullshit what you said.The Message  was about new york & the early 80's . Straight Out of Comton (NWA) was about cali & late 80's . the are not even the same time period at all. the early 80's & late 80's are totally different.The Message representation of street life in new york & early 80's while Straight Out of Comton (NWA) was representation of street life of clai & late 80's . 2 totally different era's & coast.i fomr both of those era . so they not even close to be same.so you have no clue at all.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ok fine, instead the Furious 5 use Freestyle Fellowship instead. Same time frame, same part of the country. Much better lyrics and representation.

The Overfiend

You don't see any comedic songs using 2Pac's Dear Mama or Gangstarr's Moment of Truth, because those are well written songs about real life, not bullshit fairytales about how tough these clowns think they are, or how bad they can make fun of women.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
That cover of Bitches Ain't Shit is amazing! Love it. So funny hearing those words from white soft rock guys.

EDIT: Straight Outta Compton is legit too. Where did you get these songs from??

EDIT: Gin & Juice is SHIT, but still funny as hell.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:25:46 AM by BlueSwan »

David Gutterman

That cover of Bitches Ain't Shit is amazing! Love it. So funny hearing those words from white soft rock guys.

EDIT: Straight Outta Compton is legit too. Where did you get these songs from??

I was reading about cover versions on wikipedia, so i google them