Author Topic: Please buy the Rakim album  (Read 1243 times)

NotoriousTDA

Re: Please buy the Rakim album
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 04:25:25 PM »
i havent bought a cd in 5 years. ya digg?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 05:04:20 PM »
i havent bought a cd in 5 years. ya digg?

Good and in turn you will get stolen from.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 05:15:08 PM »
why buy albums when 90 percent of them are trash these days?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 05:30:41 PM »
why buy albums when 90 percent of them are trash these days?

Do you think Rakim fits into that category?

Regardless, stealing is stealing no matter how you justify it in your mind.  And it comes back to you so you're just fucking yourself in the long run.  Peace

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
damn there's a lot of polytheism in this thread. niggaz calling another human being god ..

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 08:22:57 PM »
Just cause the thread starter begged, I'm not gonna buy it.

kemizt

westsiderider323

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 08:24:38 PM »
i got the hookups on the bootlegs who want one?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 07:35:14 AM »
age don't really have a lot to do with what im talking about.  and for the record can everybody stop these cliche comebacks/disses/insults/etc.  not everybody is thinkin that shit.  im still waitin on Detox and 4 Too $hort, Mista FAB, and E40 to drop a self titled group album called "Pimpin".  but Rakim is old tho, he shouldn't have waisted time on tryna make a big buzz on his name, but idk maybe it's not a bout that.  all im sayin' is this album is 4 tha Old Skool Ra heads out there, there's no movement for this shit, it's no "Doggystyle part II" or "Straight Outta Compton 2020". 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 08:25:11 AM »
If age doesn't have anything to do with it then why do you keep talking about it? This is what I'm talking about, first you call him a grandpa, then you say age doesn't matter, then you call him old again. You keep flip flopping. How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

And btw Too Short and Dr. Dre are older than Rakim  :D

Rakim actually has an amount of buzz. And why should someone stop rapping based on popularity anyway? I know damn well a lot of the albums you talk about had zero buzz. The hyphy movement is dead. A Too Short/Mistah FAB/E-40 album wouldn't even go gold. That doesn't mean people don't want to hear it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:35:59 AM by Rapsodie »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 08:39:18 AM »
If age doesn't have anything to do with it then why do you keep talking about it? This is what I'm talking about, first you call him a grandpa, then you say age doesn't matter, then you call him old again. You keep flip flopping. How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

And btw Too Short and Dr. Dre are older than Rakim  :D  - no shit that's why i used em as examples

how is any1 gonna take YOU serious when u said MC Eiht was more realer than 2Pac before.  and since we're on age, why do u keep bringing it up when clearly i have nothing against it.  and y u said that Mac Mall is better than Nipsey Hussle & Glasses.  and u said a while back that Bishop Lamont is a wack rapper and u meant it .  i believe ur just looking for attention so stop acting like u have the best opinion and are far more rounded in Hip Hop music than any1 else (especially me).  

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 09:25:37 AM »
when is it dropping?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 09:45:34 AM »
when is it dropping?

How is the album in your signature, i'm guessing you liked it because you put the cover in your signature?

Invincible

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 09:59:40 AM »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »
no1 is lookin' out 4 Ra's shit, i'm tellin' u.  He's not relevant anymore (and hasn't been since 98, not including "addictive").  When's the last time u heard a Ra track that wasn't from the 80's?  He never really promotes/can promote his "newer" older shit, why, bcuz no1 really likes it besides the die hard fans.  I fucked with the double album (even tho it should've been a single album) but let's be real, he's just another Big Daddy Kane/Heavy D - only good 4 his time.  He's not the lyrical god, i always thawt Nas was better than Ra - since they come from a similar timeframe/breed of mc/generation.  

rakim

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 03:41:07 PM »
If you people are looking for punch lines, catch phrases and dance shit with the Rakim album, 4get abt it. Rakim is not going to try please the youngstas and be something he's not just to sell records. Rakim's lyrical ability and content makes him relevant and necessary. He chooses to go left and speak on positive shit, mind building shit which is different from must rappers out there. If he wanted to do gangsta rap or popular rap he would have stayed with Dre. Leaving aftermath should have told you people something. I'm sick of these young, stupid, uneducated people trying to down talk the best rapper to ever do it. Rakim raps for people who appreciates his words not the beat. He raps to spit knowledge not to talk about cars, bitches, money, killing or robbing somebody. Maybe you hate on him because you cant comprehend what his saying. You'd rather hear four letter words every other bar.  Since when does the beat mean more than the content? Oh yeah, since u young cats came along wit this bullshit hip hop the last decade.  Was it the lyrics in "Holy are you" that blew your mind or the beat? Who else would dare have that song as there first single....Jay-z? Rakim is 40 plus and taking this rap shit to a mature level.....kids u still have Jay-z, lil wayne, Kanye, and Drake to dance to but for the listeners we have the GOD Rakim.

Rakim CANNOT be touched lyrically.....still!!!!

To all you doubters, try listening to the words and the message in the song instead of the beat so much.....you might just gain some knowledge from the Seventh Seal and not just a desire to be a gangsta from 50's new shit.