Author Topic: Please buy the Rakim album  (Read 1247 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Please buy the Rakim album
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »
If you people are looking for punch lines, catch phrases and dance shit with the Rakim album, 4get abt it. Rakim is not going to try please the youngstas and be something he's not just to sell records. Rakim's lyrical ability and content makes him relevant and necessary. He chooses to go left and speak on positive shit, mind building shit which is different from must rappers out there. If he wanted to do gangsta rap or popular rap he would have stayed with Dre. Leaving aftermath should have told you people something. I'm sick of these young, stupid, uneducated people trying to down talk the best rapper to ever do it. Rakim raps for people who appreciates his words not the beat. He raps to spit knowledge not to talk about cars, bitches, money, killing or robbing somebody. Maybe you hate on him because you cant comprehend what his saying. You'd rather hear four letter words every other bar.  Since when does the beat mean more than the content? Oh yeah, since u young cats came along wit this bullshit hip hop the last decade.  Was it the lyrics in "Holy are you" that blew your mind or the beat? Who else would dare have that song as there first single....Jay-z? Rakim is 40 plus and taking this rap shit to a mature level.....kids u still have Jay-z, lil wayne, Kanye, and Drake to dance to but for the listeners we have the GOD Rakim.

Rakim CANNOT be touched lyrically.....still!!!!

To all you doubters, try listening to the words and the message in the song instead of the beat so much.....you might just gain some knowledge from the Seventh Seal and not just a desire to be a gangsta from 50's new shit.

it sounds like what i said hurt you lol... what i said must hold some truth if all u can say is "these youngsters this" and "he's still the greatest" lmao!! okay grandpa who's only 30, i get that u don't like ur favorite rapper being put on blast like i did but it's the truth homie and u know it, that's why u got offended.  u keep saying kids, well boy kids don't give a fuck how u feel (just bein' honest).  Ra has dropped like no albums worth of material in tha past 10 years and barely any while he was in tha game (during his prime).  a couple 10 track e/LP's doesn't give Ra the Pass to be relevant in this day and age.  im sorry homie but he doesn't have enough body of work 4 me to feel that way (and obviously i'm not tha only 1 since very few ppl are talking about it).  I'm not taking away from homie's shine/brand/name/accolades but pressedass fans shouldn't be using Wayne, Drake, or anybody newer that's relevant today as a crutch for discrediting todays music (it's envy).  

i know enough about Rakim to know that no1 gives a fuck anymore, he didn't wanna stay relevant and he passed up his opportunity to get back on (he didn't have 2 stay at Aftermath for that long, he coulda went elsewhere and do wat he's doing now).  stop using your age as an excuse to say that your music is better.  i know some ppl won't like what I have to say about the nigga but it's the truth and it fuckn hurts.  but don't worry tho, i get offended when ppl say Dr. Dre ain't shit no more... but atleast i can say that the nigga drops new music (almost) every year that's got quality to it.  and last, fuck the old positive music crutch too, you either have it or u dont - reguardless of your style of music.

how can u call the nigga wack or not on a level of his peers before him?  the nigga been droppin music since 1995 and keeps goin' and gettin' better.  Pac would be jealous lol  (dont take that too serious)

Ra would lose in a battle with Wayne if BOTH of THEM were to go hard.  i dont see tha nigga outshinin' tha nigga on tha lines and that's what really matters in a battle.

everything u said is cliche'... come on daddy come at me wit some better shit than that... money, cars, bitches, clubs, wayne's wack, drake's gay, dont remember 94', too young to get it, blah blah blah save it 4 ur grandmother the next time u feel like venting about tha old skool.   and kanye tho??  whoa!  never heard that 1 b4 u must b mad lol

Jay > Ra
Wayne > Ra
Ye' > Ra
Crooked I > Ra
Eminem > Ra
Saigon > Ra
Royce Da 5'9 > Ra (and i dont even fuck wit Royce like that)

there's a gang of other niggas who've done better shit since 88' homie, stop bein' pressed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:06:52 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 04:32:49 PM »
If age doesn't have anything to do with it then why do you keep talking about it? This is what I'm talking about, first you call him a grandpa, then you say age doesn't matter, then you call him old again. You keep flip flopping. How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

And btw Too Short and Dr. Dre are older than Rakim  :D  - no shit that's why i used em as examples

how is any1 gonna take YOU serious when u said MC Eiht was more realer than 2Pac before.  and since we're on age, why do u keep bringing it up when clearly i have nothing against it.  and y u said that Mac Mall is better than Nipsey Hussle & Glasses.  and u said a while back that Bishop Lamont is a wack rapper and u meant it .  i believe ur just looking for attention so stop acting like u have the best opinion and are far more rounded in Hip Hop music than any1 else (especially me).  

you're smoking crack. I've never said any of the above. Hahah. I don't even listen to Nipsey Hussle. And I could give a fuck which rapper is "realer" than another. Why would I say Bishop is whack when I have his last 3 mixtapes? Another failed post.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:35:57 PM by Rapsodie »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
If age doesn't have anything to do with it then why do you keep talking about it? This is what I'm talking about, first you call him a grandpa, then you say age doesn't matter, then you call him old again. You keep flip flopping. How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

And btw Too Short and Dr. Dre are older than Rakim  :D  - no shit that's why i used em as examples

how is any1 gonna take YOU serious when u said MC Eiht was more realer than 2Pac before.  and since we're on age, why do u keep bringing it up when clearly i have nothing against it.  and y u said that Mac Mall is better than Nipsey Hussle & Glasses.  and u said a while back that Bishop Lamont is a wack rapper and u meant it .  i believe ur just looking for attention so stop acting like u have the best opinion and are far more rounded in Hip Hop music than any1 else (especially me).  

you're smoking crack. I've never said any of the above. Hahah. I don't even listen to Nipsey Hussle. And I could give a fuck which rapper is "realer" than another. Why would I say Bishop is whack when I have his last 3 mixtapes? Another failed post.

u did to say it and u said that Crooked I isn't in tha top 30 dead or alive, im just taking ur quotes dont get mad, defend whatchu' said.  u also said the Snoop is an average rapper and hasn't been as big as he was when he was first startin out at DeathRow.  im just statin whatchu said.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »

u did to say it and u said that Crooked I isn't in tha top 30 dead or alive, im just taking ur quotes dont get mad, defend whatchu' said.  u also said the Snoop is an average rapper and hasn't been as big as he was when he was first startin out at DeathRow.  im just statin whatchu said.

What quotes? You haven't used any quotes. You're coming up with bullshit out of your ass. I've never said anything you said in the first post. Get off the crack now.

imo Crooked I isn't in the top 30. Dude hasn't even released a debut album yet. Your point is? How is that a controversial opinion? I think most people would agree with me and I don't see how that's relevant to anything.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2009, 05:19:09 PM »

u did to say it and u said that Crooked I isn't in tha top 30 dead or alive, im just taking ur quotes dont get mad, defend whatchu' said.  u also said the Snoop is an average rapper and hasn't been as big as he was when he was first startin out at DeathRow.  im just statin whatchu said.

What quotes? You haven't used any quotes. You're coming up with bullshit out of your ass. I've never said anything you said in the first post. Get off the crack now.

imo Crooked I isn't in the top 30. Dude hasn't even released a debut album yet. Your point is? How is that a controversial opinion? I think most people would agree with me and I don't see how that's relevant to anything.

u just did it again... see.  i couldn't make this shit up if i wanted 2

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »
What did I do again? Everyone knows I bump Crooked. There's a lot of rappers out there, how is that surprising that I don't think he's top 30?

If you aren't making this shit up then go find a quote then and stop stalling. I'll give you props if you can quote me saying Bishop is whack or saying any of the others. If you can't then shut the fuck up and stop talking out of your ass.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 05:48:16 PM »
What did I do again? Everyone knows I bump Crooked. There's a lot of rappers out there, how is that surprising that I don't think he's top 30?

If you aren't making this shit up then go find a quote then and stop stalling. I'll give you props if you can quote me saying Bishop is whack or saying any of the others. If you can't then shut the fuck up and stop talking out of your ass.

:stop:  the bitch in yoo is coming out.  which part of suck my dick dont chu understand?  u said it, u know u said it and now ur trying to say Crooked ain't in your top 30 but u just said now that u always bumpin Crooked's shit and everybody knows u bump Crooked's shit.  Nigga i ain't know.  Stop stallin' urself, just admit to tha fact that u have no sense.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 05:49:47 PM »
That's what I thought you would do. Bullshit as usual. I'm still waiting for the quotes.

by the way, I listen to way more than 30 rappers. Not every rapper I listen to can be in a top 30 list.  :D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 05:51:43 PM by Rapsodie »

Mr.B Productions

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 06:01:27 PM »
Real Music, real opinions. Message your thoughts and check the rakim vid on the site.

<a href="http://www.p-o-p-music.com/banner/pop_banner.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.p-o-p-music.com/banner/pop_banner.swf</a>

Invincible

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
how can u call the nigga wack or not on a level of his peers before him?  the nigga been droppin music since 1995 and keeps goin' and gettin' better.  Pac would be jealous lol  (dont take that too serious)

Ra would lose in a battle with Wayne if BOTH of THEM were to go hard.  i dont see tha nigga outshinin' tha nigga on tha lines and that's what really matters in a battle.

everything u said is cliche'... come on daddy come at me wit some better shit than that... money, cars, bitches, clubs, wayne's wack, drake's gay, dont remember 94', too young to get it, blah blah blah save it 4 ur grandmother the next time u feel like venting about tha old skool.   and kanye tho??  whoa!  never heard that 1 b4 u must b mad lol

Jay > Ra
Wayne > Ra
Ye' > Ra
Crooked I > Ra
Eminem > Ra
Saigon > Ra

there's a gang of other niggas who've done better shit since 88' homie, stop bein' pressed.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 12:27:21 AM »

Jay > Ra
Wayne > Ra
Ye' > Ra
Crooked I > Ra
Eminem > Ra
Saigon > Ra

what r u waiting on the calvary to come and back u up?  lol  ur gay as shit 4 this 1.  i'm gettin bored dissin y'all again, y'all r no fun.  u just lie and try 2 cheat urself into "owning" somebody on the internet lol.  if all y'all gonna do is talk shit and not talk hip hop then im done.  i cant win against y'all man, y'all from the hood y'all know too much.  just dont go around claiming that Mastah Killa from the Wu is a better rapper than Papoose.  u should kill urself 4 that.

Jome

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 04:33:01 AM »
lol @ giving serious replies to BiggBoogaBiff/Radiotube/Kick 4rm 301.. don't you realize that he's a shock effect poster, saying ridiculous off-the-wall shit to piss you off or for comedy value?  :D

Invincible

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 04:51:08 AM »

Jay > Ra
Wayne > Ra
Ye' > Ra
Crooked I > Ra
Eminem > Ra
Saigon > Ra

what r u waiting on the calvary to come and back u up?  lol  ur gay as shit 4 this 1.  i'm gettin bored dissin y'all again, y'all r no fun.  u just lie and try 2 cheat urself into "owning" somebody on the internet lol.  if all y'all gonna do is talk shit and not talk hip hop then im done.  i cant win against y'all man, y'all from the hood y'all know too much.  just dont go around claiming that Mastah Killa from the Wu is a better rapper than Papoose.  u should kill urself 4 that.

Masta Killa is better. If Pap's so great where is his album at?

How does me laughing mean I'm waiting for back-up. I'm laughing because that is up there with some of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read/heard in my life, along with this 1

that's almost as bad as the time u said Preme was always a better producer than Timbaland

If you had the slightest clue what you are talking about I'd have no need to laugh and I would have more respect for you. I'm not trying to own you, you owned yourself by saying them 2 statements.

'if all y'all gonna do is talk shit and not talk hip hop then im done',

If thats the case, you shouldn't of joined this forum in the first place, seeing as that's you in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:07:16 AM by Invincible »

Invincible

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 04:51:54 AM »
lol @ giving serious replies to BiggBoogaBiff/Radiotube/Kick 4rm 301.. don't you realize that he's a shock effect poster, saying ridiculous off-the-wall shit to piss you off or for comedy value?  :D

No I genuinely think he's being real. Unless you know something we don't.

EDIT: Check his thread in the G-Spot. He's getting really worked up.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:25:43 AM by Invincible »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »
lol @ giving serious replies to BiggBoogaBiff/Radiotube/Kick 4rm 301.. don't you realize that he's a shock effect poster, saying ridiculous off-the-wall shit to piss you off or for comedy value?  :D

Yeah it's a big SHOCK that people don't fuck wit' Rakim like that in 2010.   :o