Author Topic: Mc Ren-Renincarnated-2009 (Discussion only)  (Read 2270 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Mc Ren-Renincarnated-2009 (Discussion only)
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 06:46:39 AM »
well his style is borin....hes dope when he raps but he needs to expand his style of what he talks about
i like the gangsta rap no doubt but damn it seems like he doesnt expand where as crooked does IMO
so people have crowned him one of the best from years back when he really shouldnt have been
but mc ren at his very best>>>>cube on the commercial tip

its aite but damn its sad that a vet like mc ren returns like this and hes the one complainin about rap...lol
i think hes been a bit overrated tho...always
how so?

fair enough.

i'm just questioning the overrated part.
i mean if you look at the other NWA members, all the others (except Yella) had more success than MC Ren.
so their fanbases are bigger than Ren's. the praising can't be that big.
besides, some claimed that NWA was done when Ice Cube left, so doesn't that make MC Ren more like an underdog?

i'm not discrediting your perception, i'm just a bit confused ;)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 06:49:00 AM »
what did they accomplish when cube left?
mc ren is dope no doubt but his style.... :-\

well his style is borin....hes dope when he raps but he needs to expand his style of what he talks about
i like the gangsta rap no doubt but damn it seems like he doesnt expand where as crooked does IMO
so people have crowned him one of the best from years back when he really shouldnt have been

its aite but damn its sad that a vet like mc ren returns like this and hes the one complainin about rap...lol
how so?

fair enough.

i mean if you look at the other NWA members, all the others (except Yella) had more success than MC Ren.
besides, some claimed that NWA was done when Ice Cube left, so doesn't that make MC Ren more like an underdog?

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 07:57:07 AM »

how so?

fair enough.

i can give an answer to that, but that would give the conversation a different direction.

anyway, you stated that you think MC Ren has always been a bit overrated.
and i would like you to back it up more.
you already made it clear how you feel about MC Ren as a rapper.

i mean, does MC Ren really get a lot of props in general?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »
he doesnt get alot of props but he gets too much props for the lil that hes released
hes overrated in the sense hes not the dopest rapper as far as lyricist talkin like
he could be better than cube if he wanted to IMO but hes plain wit it

its like cube...cube isnt plain but hes commercial
like snoop would be str8 dopeness on some gangsta shit but he dont do that but then he releases pro tocol...dope song, dont know who wrote it for him but damn see the difference?
legend of jimmy bones is cool but nuthin amazin

and after all these years people been waitin for a mc ren album and its this album...nuthin special
i was lookin for a dope, crazy album wit mad dope production
20 traxx
nd for him to go all out wit it....but its jus like mixtape material

how so?

fair enough.

i can give an answer to that, but that would give the conversation a different direction.

anyway, you stated that you think MC Ren has always been a bit overrated.
and i would like you to back it up more.
you already made it clear how you feel about MC Ren as a rapper.

i mean, does MC Ren really get a lot of props in general?

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chad Vader

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 05:03:53 PM »

If this matters to you; (?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efil4zaggin
Niggaz4Life debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200, but in its second week reached number one. The only other artist to do this is Michael Jackson .

acclaimed album
Albums of the year 1991 The Source Magazine January 1992 #28

Niggaz4Life album of the year 1991 The Source Magazine January 1992 #28

NWA in The Source Magazine September 91 #24 (billboard)

[/color]

MC Ren
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kizz_My_Black_Azz
Kizz My Black Azz is an EP by MC Ren, released in 1992. It was his first solo album released after N.W.A. broke up.
On the Billboard 200, it reached #12 and it reached #10 on The Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums in 1992.
The album is certified Platinum with very little promotion.

MC Ren is dope no doubt but his style.... :-\

?
He got many styles....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 05:14:27 PM by Vader »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2010, 05:09:10 PM »
he doesnt have many styles tho chad?
for example crooked
crooked is dope cuz he goes in
its almost as if hes gon eat the mic and tear it to shreds...lol

ren is mellow and....well close to borin
but hes dope..get it twisted now...lol
Cube

Blasphemy

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 07:43:24 PM »
for example crooked

wtf? Everyone has 1 style, Crooked I doesn't have multiple styles. what I think you're saying is Content. Crooked I tries 2 expand beyond gangsta content and try different things. MC Ren on the other hand constantly does gangsta shit. Now come on, isn't that bit of a double standard. Eazy E did nothing but Gangsta shit. Ren actually tried 2 expand with his Muslim rap. Basically Ren is dope, but imo its like he is a Combination of Paris and Eazy. Except his view isn't quiet as clear. I mean he talkes about a race war, fuck whites, and just being gangsta, but he doesn't really give a good description. basically its like.....He'll do gangsta shit, and try and add some sorta hardcore rap 2 at times. Like only 1 track were he sounds any type of social conscious though "same old shit". Everything else is basically a blend of gangsta clitches, a little touch of Muslim, and some story telling.I do think he is dope though. lol I even like Renincarnated, despite the fact that shit is crippled in quality.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 08:25:17 PM »
Ren was doin toungetwisitng shit wit his rappin back in the early days - he never ran wit just ONE style

Chad Vader

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2010, 08:38:56 PM »
he doesn't have many styles tho chad?

Ren was doin toungetwisitng shit wit his rappin back in the early days - he never ran wit just ONE style

His Big Daddy Kane influenced flow on for example Final Frontier;
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5A9bMINkU8s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5A9bMINkU8s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Straight up lyrical (and slow flow) on for example Mad Scientist; (it's time to MC)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wxnBNY7fW78&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wxnBNY7fW78&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

wtf? Everyone has 1 style, Crooked I doesn't have multiple styles. what I think you're saying is Content.

Read above  ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:47:52 PM by Vader »

fabtoxicp

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 08:41:28 PM »
His Big Daddy Kane influenced flow on for example Final Frontier;

that was xactl what i was talkin bout! soundin just like Kane!

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »
long live the villain

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2010, 09:12:28 PM »
nah see difference wit crooked is
he does gangsta rap
he does political rap
he does it all

but hes vicious on the mic
but for ren to come back and name his album "reincarnated" you would think it would be a bigger release and have some time put into it but not even that
it should have been better than cubes release, but he looks like he cant compute wit cubes level of release
aite cube got the label etc...but damn i dont know i was lookin forward to this ren album and it wasnt as big as expected
and the gangsta shit all the time is good...not that its bad its rens style

for example crooked

wtf? Everyone has 1 style, Crooked I doesn't have multiple styles. what I think you're saying is Content. Crooked I tries 2 expand beyond gangsta content and try different things. MC Ren on the other hand constantly does gangsta shit. Now come on, isn't that bit of a double standard. Eazy E did nothing but Gangsta shit. Ren actually tried 2 expand with his Muslim rap. Basically Ren is dope, but imo its like he is a Combination of Paris and Eazy. Except his view isn't quiet as clear. I mean he talkes about a race war, fuck whites, and just being gangsta, but he doesn't really give a good description. basically its like.....He'll do gangsta shit, and try and add some sorta hardcore rap 2 at times. Like only 1 track were he sounds any type of social conscious though "same old shit". Everything else is basically a blend of gangsta clitches, a little touch of Muslim, and some story telling.I do think he is dope though. lol I even like Renincarnated, despite the fact that shit is crippled in quality.
Cube

Chad Vader

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
what I think you're saying is Content.

Crooked I
-he does gangster rap
-he does political rap

he does it all

Ren don't?

-gangster rap V check
-political/conscious V check
-hip hop V check (it's been while since he did classic Hip Hop like "Compton's in the House",but his lyrical tracks like "Mad Scientist" could also be considered Hip Hop,right?)
-misogynist and XXX lyrics V check (it's not "gangster" to make tracks like "You Wanna Fuck Her" or "Behind the Scenes"...  :laugh: )
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:38:55 PM by Vader »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »
nah again hes dope im not sayin hes not

i mean hello and chin check are two of my favorite but im sayin overall hes borin as a rapper sometimes

crooked not only brings fire but hes interestin wit the flow, and the fire he brings and its as if hes comin to you live when its thru a song...lol

dr. dre as a rapper>>>>mc ren (considerin dre dont write his own lyrics)
Cube

Chad Vader

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 10:21:49 PM »
I'm saying overall hes boring as a rapper sometimes

Just like I find for example "Common" mad boring,while others find him very entertaining.... :P :P :P
.....that's a personal opinion... and that's cool.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:24:21 PM by Vader »