Author Topic: What Do Your Parents Think About Hip-Hop Music?  (Read 491 times)

Muhfukka

Re: What Do Your Parents Think About Hip-Hop Music?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »
my dad is mexican but he has always listened to only black music, jazz, funk, reggae, and blues. he claims to hate rap but when i was younger he would always play this cd by the group us3 which has songs that are basically rap so i dont really know what his deal was

Muhfukka

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 03:10:09 PM »
also i remember being real young at a friends house and we were playing playstation in his older brothers room where his brother was getting ready to go out. all eyez on me had just come out and he was bumping it loud in the room. he left and we stayed in there with the music playing. the kids dad came home and walked in when 2 of amerikaz most wanted was playing and he was fuckin heated, "i dont want you boys listening to this jungle music" and all this shit hahaha

the ghost

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »
my dad is mexican but he has always listened to only black music, jazz, funk, reggae, and blues. he claims to hate rap but when i was younger he would always play this cd by the group us3 which has songs that are basically rap so i dont really know what his deal was

US3 had that one song that would get stuck in your head like a muthafucka

ikke

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »
My mother hated it, she thought it was just like talking and she thought there was too much swearing.

My dad likes some hiphop music, he loves Eminem.

Muhfukka

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 03:12:09 PM »

a few of those songs were pretty catchy. i dont get how someone who claims to hate rap could buy that cd and listen to it all the time though

the ghost

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »
also i remember being real young at a friends house and we were playing playstation in his older brothers room where his brother was getting ready to go out. all eyez on me had just come out and he was bumping it loud in the room. he left and we stayed in there with the music playing. the kids dad came home and walked in when 2 of amerikaz most wanted was playing and he was fuckin heated, "i dont want you boys listening to this jungle music" and all this shit hahaha

I remember when all eyes on me first came out, this redneck dude at school came in hella laughing saying that 2pac was making the handsign for white power on the cover of his new album.  He thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Muhfukka

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 03:14:41 PM »

do you mean this

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »
Anyone who claims to hate hip hop is just ignorant. Damn near everyone I know who claims to dislike rap has at least one rap artist that they like. They try and tell me they hate rap but they love this song and I'm going "no motherfucker, you hate most of the rap you hear (IE the rap being played on the radio). So do I, that doesn't make me a hip hop hater." The only difference is that I go out of my way to find the music that I like.

ikke

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 03:20:29 PM »
Anyone who claims to hate hip hop is just ignorant. Damn near everyone I know who claims to dislike rap has at least one rap artist that they like. They try and tell me they hate rap but they love this song and I'm going "no motherfucker, you hate most of the rap you hear (IE the rap being played on the radio). So do I, that doesn't make me a hip hop hater." The only difference is that I go out of my way to find the music that I like.
yes lol, my mom hated hiphop but she loved 'Can't pass me by' from Hammer

Muhfukka

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 03:21:15 PM »
i dont know, i think its different if you grew up before rap existed

Al Bundy

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »
i got my mom into rap a long time ago on a road trip to texas to see my grandparents. she knows every damn word to westside connection's bow down album and eastsidaz first one lmao

ROFL! Please record her singing, Gangsta's Make The World Go 'Round. That would make my day.

you should hear her singing kurupt's who ride wit us remix it is ROFL worthy

moe

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
i got my mom into rap a long time ago on a road trip to texas to see my grandparents. she knows every damn word to westside connection's bow down album and eastsidaz first one lmao

ROFL! Please record her singing, Gangsta's Make The World Go 'Round. That would make my day.

please

Sparegeez

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 08:03:08 PM »
My mom thinks hiphop is full of ignorance and degrading messages. But it's funny cuz she's the one that introduced me to hip hop, because she use to listen to 2pac back in the day.

2euce 7even

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 02:30:40 AM »

or prince ital joe´s part on street life.