Author Topic: Focus, Crooked I & Jay Rock - Homage To Dr. Dre  (Read 2340 times)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Re: Focus, Crooked I & Jay Rock - Homage To Dr. Dre
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »
thanks, this one is ok, but Focus could have done an even better Dre style instrumental.
also, Crooked should work with Dr.Dre!

8) this shit is CRACK!! 8) where dis from? ya, and when is the tape dropping w/ the rest of tha homages?

no offense dre-day, but... every-time i see that you post a comment 99.9% of the time you have nothing positive or pertinent to say or even add to the convo, not hatin', just sayin'...  ???  :-\

it's my opinion that this instrumental has all the usual elements that make it DRE, although I'd have to admit there are a slew of other Focus... instrumentals that provide a more innovative Dre sound. but this works just as good.

all i wanna know is what is it exactly that you are expecting Dre-Day??
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Young Old Head

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
damn, we need tha whole damn "pay homage" already 8)

Cash Money Blood Gang

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »
shiit this sounds like the Dr.Dre from 95-97 .. dope  shiiit!!

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »
the west coast's 2 best rapppers BY FARRRR

Taclivin

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »
where is the full homage mixtape??

Tha Crip

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 05:28:43 PM »
PROPS, definately sounds like dre's older sound he was going for  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 05:35:53 PM »

Jome

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 06:17:26 PM »
the west coast's 2 best rapppers BY FARRRR

Naww, I don't hear Xzibit on it, do you?

Focus said there will another Westcoast MC on the final version of the track, so one can only hope.  8)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 10:22:15 PM »
 wow dope man. the other guy dont hold up to well on the same track as crooked though..
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:22:02 PM by KrazySumwhat »

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
Fuckin unbelieveble...DOC DRE IF YOU GUYS READ THIS, SIGN CROOKED I TO AFTERMATH!!!!

damn, chill the fuck out

ON TOPIC: track is dope, feelin' it 8)

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 12:40:29 AM »
Apparently on the final version there is meant to be another person... not sure who it is though cant wait to find out though 8)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 02:24:14 AM »
damn, we need tha whole damn "pay homage" already 8)

See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 03:12:25 AM »

Nigga, if he could - don't you think he would?
i'm just saying ;)
i don't know what's going on behind the scenes

thanks, this one is ok, but Focus could have done an even better Dre style instrumental.

8) this shit is CRACK!! 8) where dis from? ya, and when is the tape dropping w/ the rest of tha homages?

no offense dre-day, but... every-time i see that you post a comment 99.9% of the time you have nothing positive or pertinent to say or even add to the convo, not hatin', just sayin'...  ???  :-\

it's my opinion that this instrumental has all the usual elements that make it DRE, although I'd have to admit there are a slew of other Focus... instrumentals that provide a more innovative Dre sound. but this works just as good.

none taken.
but you're really judging a book by it's cover if you really feel that way.
seriously, if you're bothered by my tone, then you obviously can't read between the lines.
besides, my previous post didn't even go hard on the song, so i'm sure you could have picked a better one to make your point.
also, just because i didn't cheer, doesn't mean i'm being negative & nonconstructive, so your statement is wrong.
i'm just a critical music listener, there's nothing wrong with being honest, it's actually one of the things that i'm really good at.
sometimes i use sarcasm to express myself.

back to the song: well either an old Dre sound or the newest one would be fine to me.
this instrumental just didn't blow me away: that's just the feeling i get; perhaps it's the vibe.
Focus definitely dropped better instrumentals.
but this one isn't bad & i will definitely add the final version to my mp3 player

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 05:41:08 AM »

i'm just saying ;)

none taken.
seriously, if you're bothered by my tone, then you obviously can't read between the lines.
besides, my previous post didn't even go hard on the song, so i'm sure you could have picked a better one to make your point.
also, just because i didn't cheer, doesn't mean i'm being negative & nonconstructive, so your statement is wrong.
i'm just a critical music listener, there's nothing wrong with being honest, it's actually one of the things that i'm really good at.

back to the song: well either an old Dre sound or the newest one would be fine to me.
this instrumental just didn't blow me away: that's just the feeling i get; perhaps it's the vibe.
but this one isn't bad & i will definitely add the final version to my mp3 player

it's all good in da hood!  :D

I usually have second thoughts when I hit the post button when making a critical statement about a fellow poster. so you're right.  ;D
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Portugoal

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 05:52:56 AM »

i'm just saying ;)

none taken.

you're such a nerd