Author Topic: Focus, Crooked I & Jay Rock - Homage To Dr. Dre  (Read 2338 times)

Jaydc

Re: Focus, Crooked I & Jay Rock - Homage To Dr. Dre
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2009, 10:11:32 PM »
Crooked blacked out on this.How anyone can hate on him is beyond me.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 02:17:34 AM »
i also noticed some similarities with Bitches ain't shit

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 05:45:19 AM »
I find it really strange that you consistanly look for Crooked I threads and make numerous negative comments regarding him and his ability. You must not have much else to do to be spending so much time and effort doing this. There are lots of rappers that I dislike but it's a waste of my time to be making comment after comment about how rubbish they are. You are a very strange person

so this is crooked's pathetic attempt to be on detox or something?

Paul

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »

I noticed the drums are similar
funkyfreshintheflesh

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2009, 11:33:22 AM »
also, Crooked should work with Dr.Dre!

Nigga, if he could - don't you think he would?
i'm just saying ;)
i don't know what's going on behind the scenes

thanks, this one is ok, but Focus could have done an even better Dre style instrumental.

8) this shit is CRACK!! 8) where dis from? ya, and when is the tape dropping w/ the rest of tha homages?

no offense dre-day, but... every-time i see that you post a comment 99.9% of the time you have nothing positive or pertinent to say or even add to the convo, not hatin', just sayin'...  ???  :-\

it's my opinion that this instrumental has all the usual elements that make it DRE, although I'd have to admit there are a slew of other Focus... instrumentals that provide a more innovative Dre sound. but this works just as good.

all i wanna know is what is it exactly that you are expecting Dre-Day??
none taken.
but you're really judging a book by it's cover if you really feel that way.
seriously, if you're bothered by my tone, then you obviously can't read between the lines.
besides, my previous post didn't even go hard on the song, so i'm sure you could have picked a better one to make your point.
also, just because i didn't cheer, doesn't mean i'm being negative & nonconstructive, so your statement is wrong.
i'm just a critical music listener, there's nothing wrong with being honest, it's actually one of the things that i'm really good at.
sometimes i use sarcasm to express myself.

back to the song: well either an old Dre sound or the newest one would be fine to me.
this instrumental just didn't blow me away: that's just the feeling i get; perhaps it's the vibe.
Focus definitely dropped better instrumentals.
but this one isn't bad & i will definitely add the final version to my mp3 player

you're such a nerd

was that a shot @ me or Dre-Day? if it was @ me then I thank you, I do consider myself a music nerd of sorts... if it's @ Dre-Day then I commend him for his observations & astuteness as well, I can't say too much for a person who lacks similar observation... :-\ or even a person who blasts another person's analytical sensibility(s), your probably better left to the kind of shit that SLOWS the thought processes down... I haven't noticed your posts previously so I can't be too sure where your coming from or if you just clownin'? :laugh: :D !!

I dig this track more & more I listen to it, all the subtle details of the production value has that OG Dre feel to it from the Bass to the Keys to the Beat itself! 8) I'm just noticing that Crooked happens to stand out more in the track, imo. Rock's verse is Ok, maybe it's the flow that keeps me a tune to it.  ;)

also props 4 the CDQ!! :o 8)
the cover is :-\ but that's coo tho that Kida hops on this, I'm a fan or a 'stan' if you wanna be a bitch about it!  :P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:48:50 AM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2009, 12:44:40 AM »

I noticed the drums are similar
yep ;)

Nigga, if he could - don't you think he would?
i'm just saying ;)
i don't know what's going on behind the scenes

thanks, this one is ok, but Focus could have done an even better Dre style instrumental.

8) this shit is CRACK!! 8) where dis from? ya, and when is the tape dropping w/ the rest of tha homages?

no offense dre-day, but... every-time i see that you post a comment 99.9% of the time you have nothing positive or pertinent to say or even add to the convo, not hatin', just sayin'...  ???  :-\

it's my opinion that this instrumental has all the usual elements that make it DRE, although I'd have to admit there are a slew of other Focus... instrumentals that provide a more innovative Dre sound. but this works just as good.

all i wanna know is what is it exactly that you are expecting Dre-Day??
none taken.
but you're really judging a book by it's cover if you really feel that way.
seriously, if you're bothered by my tone, then you obviously can't read between the lines.
besides, my previous post didn't even go hard on the song, so i'm sure you could have picked a better one to make your point.
also, just because i didn't cheer, doesn't mean i'm being negative & nonconstructive, so your statement is wrong.
i'm just a critical music listener, there's nothing wrong with being honest, it's actually one of the things that i'm really good at.
sometimes i use sarcasm to express myself.

back to the song: well either an old Dre sound or the newest one would be fine to me.
this instrumental just didn't blow me away: that's just the feeling i get; perhaps it's the vibe.
Focus definitely dropped better instrumentals.
but this one isn't bad & i will definitely add the final version to my mp3 player

you're such a nerd

was that a shot @ me or Dre-Day? if it was @ me then I thank you, I do consider myself a music nerd of sorts... if it's @ Dre-Day then I commend him for his observations & astuteness as well, I can't say too much for a person who lacks similar observation... :-\ or even a person who blasts another person's analytical sensibility(s), your probably better left to the kind of shit that SLOWS the thought processes down... I haven't noticed your posts previously so I can't be too sure where your coming from or if you just clownin'? :laugh: :D !!

I dig this track more & more I listen to it, all the subtle details of the production value has that OG Dre feel to it from the Bass to the Keys to the Beat itself! 8) I'm just noticing that Crooked happens to stand out more in the track, imo. Rock's verse is Ok, maybe it's the flow that keeps me a tune to it.  ;)

also props 4 the CDQ!! :o 8)
the cover is :-\ but that's coo tho that Kida hops on this, I'm a fan or a 'stan' if you wanna be a bitch about it!  :P
yeah it was a shot at me ;)
mauzip has been talking shit for years, so he's become harmless ;)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »
Lol at the comic