Author Topic: IS HIPHOP now days ..........  (Read 291 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
IS HIPHOP now days ..........
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:04:43 AM »
Hurting the children or helping the children........From what i see,and have seen over the years,its killing the babies...leaving them fucked up in the head..its really to much shit going on around us,(good and bad) to just make a whole album talking about NOTHING..how is that even possible?.holla at me..please.

The Overfiend

Re: IS HIPHOP now days ..........
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 06:13:05 AM »
I agree to a degree: as children are still developing their independent thought hip-hop can influence negatively on their young susceptible minds.

That is also a big reason white people simply don't like rap or hip-hop, ain't nothing racial about it, its just that it is mostly negative, maybe occasionally a jewel is dropped.

I got young nephews and I was trying to make them a hip-hop cd but I gave up because I couldn't find any real appropriate hip-hop for them to listen to so instead I used a different genre.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 09:00:33 AM »
I agree to a degree: as children are still developing their independent thought hip-hop can influence negatively on their young susceptible minds.

That is also a big reason white people simply don't like rap or hip-hop, ain't nothing racial about it, its just that it is mostly negative, maybe occasionally a jewel is dropped.

I got young nephews and I was trying to make them a hip-hop cd but I gave up because I couldn't find any real appropriate hip-hop for them to listen to so instead I used a different genre.
i feel ya on that homie...my two nephews was saying some of that bullshit gucciman be saying,sb,wayne,ect....what i did find out was that they was feeling me playing my (ice cube,bonethugs,rakim,the chronic,cool g rap,nas,old outkast,ect)...and u know what?they was fucking with it!!hell my oldest nephew even turned his homeboys on to face,getoboys,even alot of pac,big.... i cant lie,i was soooo proud...it wasnt their falt,they just didnt know....and now even my niece wrot me a email asking about that song on the above the rim ost (for old time sakes.)so i blame the radio highly,and the knuckle heads they keep putting in the same rotation. :'(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:38:44 AM »
it become almost a lifestyle, no matter the race invovled.

if you're exposed to it at too young an age, it sets a life example.

you seen Wayne & Kanye getting mad love, you naturally want to be like them; you hear them talking about fucking bitches & if you're coming into that age, it's going to be something you want to do.

although, i would say hip hop back in the days of Pac & Big was a worse influence than todays hip hop.

i mean they have always degraded women, but back in the day there was more killing & shit involved with the lyrics.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:59:44 AM »

you seen Wayne & Kanye getting mad love, you naturally want to be like them; you hear them talking about fucking bitches & if you're coming into that age, it's going to be something you want to do.

although, i would say hip hop back in the days of Pac & Big was a worse influence than todays hip hop.

i mean they have always degraded women, but back in the day there was more killing & shit involved with the lyrics.
please cuzz dont mislead the youth on this board by saying shit like that cuzz...back in the day even gangsta rap had a message...go listen ,do your history.(party,and bullshit) is really all your genaration is speaking on...that shit is getting played out....if u call fighting against the system,and money hungry ass bitches,and going against crooked cops,and politicions degrading..then i really feel for this lost generation...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 02:51:34 PM »

please cuzz dont mislead the youth on this board by saying shit like that cuzz...back in the day even gangsta rap had a message...go listen ,do your history.(party,and bullshit) is really all your genaration is speaking on...that shit is getting played out....if u call fighting against the system,and money hungry ass bitches,and going against crooked cops,and politicions degrading..then i really feel for this lost generation...

i didn't call any of that degrading; but calling women "just bitches" & talk about getting there dick sucked, it's not something i would want my kids bumping when they are 7 years old lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 04:08:57 PM »

Aren't most of hip hop fans white? I know most of the people on this website are white.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 04:12:18 PM »

i didn't call any of that degrading; but calling women "just bitches" & talk about getting there dick sucked, it's not something i would want my kids bumping when they are 7 years old lol.

True. While there was more of a message in mainstream hip hop during the 90s, there was also more violence. Now the trend has gone towards sex and party lyrics. I guess sex is better for kids than fantasizing about guns and killing.

ktothac

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 05:27:26 PM »

ha how bout this

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »

True. While there was more of a message in mainstream hip hop during the 90s, there was also more violence. Now the trend has gone towards sex and party lyrics. I guess sex is better for kids than fantasizing about guns and killing.

yeah, if i had to pick one, i would want my kids having sex rather than carrying weapons. :P

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 02:46:22 AM »
Wow what year are u in playa...so u saying all young jeezy talks about is sex!and partying hell,g-unit got every white kid in the world thinking its cool to sell drugs ,and shot a person....come on homie.i feel ya in some ways,but u aint being (realistic) on what your saying....plus there are more 15 and 17yr olds doing most of the killings now days.so whats that telling u.the youth today dont give a fuck,cause the music,tv,radio,and aloooot of parents dont give a fuck....and i would probaly be in the same position (mentally)if i grew up in this era...thank god i didnt.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »
Did you know that children under the age of 5, parents shouldn't let them watch TV or TV commercials because it creates violent behavior.

/agree
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:20:34 AM by ¥øûήg Þ®iñ¢€ ™ »

The Overfiend

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 08:02:51 PM »

ha how bout this

Hahaaaaa! Wow! Props.

The Overfiend

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »

Aren't most of hip hop fans white? I know most of the people on this website are white.

Over 50 year-old white men and women.