Author Topic: Is it safe to say that Islam is the most successful of all world religions?  (Read 347 times)

Sikotic™

Since arguing which belief is right and which is wrong is a complete waste of time, how about we take a look at obvious facts...

Although Christianity has had a greater overall impact on the world, Islam has done more in the world with much less time than any of the other major religions (Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, etc.) Islam has acquired almost the same amount of followers as Hindus and Christians and reliigons like Hinduism have been around for like four thousand years.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Cali Climate

I don't know. You'd have to define what makes a religions successful...

Sure, numbers, but what else? Do things like quality of life for followers count? How about political influence? I don't like to give any religion it's due as I believe 90% of all people who follow religion have it confused and are trapped in ignorance, however, I'd say Christianity is the most successful institution.

Islam swept through Europe at one point and became the defining culture of several countries, it lost control.

Christianity took root and has been the defining religion of Europe since then, not to mention it reigns in North America, it completely overran indigenous Mexico, America was founded upon it's values, as well as Canada.

So many aspects of Christianity are apparent in western society, even with masses of people who don't identify as Christians.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I strongly disagree, Sik.

kemizt

G-Funk

I disagree, Sik.
This.

But one thing for sure is you don't hear of its followers trying to force their religion onto others as much as you do as Christian followers.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Interesting topic. Islam is 1700 years old, Christianity is 2000 years old. The thing with Islam is it actually smoothed over Christianity and Judaism, as they were a collection of books over 3000 years, and Islam rewrote them and added some more to complete their religion.

Sikotic™

I don't know. You'd have to define what makes a religions successful...

Sure, numbers, but what else? Do things like quality of life for followers count? How about political influence? I don't like to give any religion it's due as I believe 90% of all people who follow religion have it confused and are trapped in ignorance, however, I'd say Christianity is the most successful institution.

Islam swept through Europe at one point and became the defining culture of several countries, it lost control.

Christianity took root and has been the defining religion of Europe since then, not to mention it reigns in North America, it completely overran indigenous Mexico, America was founded upon it's values, as well as Canada.

So many aspects of Christianity are apparent in western society, even with masses of people who don't identify as Christians.

You made some good points. Like you said, it depends on what you consider success. And I do agree in comparison, Christianity has a far greater impact, but Islam is on the come up. Who is to say what the future may hold. As bad of a rap that Islam gets in the western world, it is completely different in the Middle East and Indonesia.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
islam is on the come up

its the fastest growing religion and will be the number one religion in maybe 50 years (if anything keeps gowing and theres no worldwar 3 or 2012 ;D)

of course is islam diffrent in asia and africa and its kinda lost its impact and power and spirit, in these kinda countries islam is no longer REAL islam, its mixed with a whole lot of traditions and culture and the real knowledge is loosing

but islam is growing fast in west europe(fastest growing religion in france, germany, england etc.. NOT BY BIRTHRATE also by converts) and in america and its kind of a new wave of the traditional islam...

i think its kinda unbeliveable how islam spread. and how the people used to live in arabia, they were very low people, simmple beduins and became a world power in a few decades.. from nothing to something..

Sikotic™

islam is on the come up

its the fastest growing religion and will be the number one religion in maybe 50 years (if anything keeps gowing and theres no worldwar 3 or 2012 ;D)

of course is islam diffrent in asia and africa and its kinda lost its impact and power and spirit, in these kinda countries islam is no longer REAL islam, its mixed with a whole lot of traditions and culture and the real knowledge is loosing

but islam is growing fast in west europe(fastest growing religion in france, germany, england etc.. NOT BY BIRTHRATE also by converts) and in america and its kind of a new wave of the traditional islam...

i think its kinda unbeliveable how islam spread. and how the people used to live in arabia, they were very low people, simmple beduins and became a world power in a few decades.. from nothing to something..

Yeah, just the conversion factor alone says a lot about Islam's influence just this decade.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Aye? lol. Where do you think Judaism & Christianity originated? The big 3 all originated from the same region.

But I do agree.....

islam is on the come up