Author Topic: Why do Atheists seem to get on Christaianity and not Islam?  (Read 1349 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why do Atheists seem to get on Christaianity and not Islam?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »
Like others have already said, it's because of circumstances. Generally speaking though, Atheists aren't interested in dissecting the differences between Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc. Point blank, if you follow any form of Theism, then you're all lumped into the same category in their eyes.
Except with those who have a vendetta against christianity. They can be just as bad as christians.

Of course there is always an exception to the rule, which is why I said "generally speaking" but you do make a valid point nonetheless.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
Yeah, fuck those idiots that go out of their way to have the word god taken out of shit or the 10 commandments removed from places and shit like that.

Im not gonna go out of my way. But yeah, I do think the word "god" shouldnt be associated with anything related to government.  It shouldnt be in school, shouldnt be on our money.  No more then it shoould say "In No God We Trust"
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sparegeez

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 07:57:55 PM »
I just got finished reading the Qu'ran, shit's a good book. Right in second to The Bible. Good piece of reading material.

It's funny though how everybody seems to get on Christianity and knock The Bible but it appears Islam and the Qu'ran never get's brought up. You know how, 'manipulating' and 'brain-washing' The Bible be, hahahaha, ain't nobody read the Qu'ran huh? Cuz boyyyyyyyy, that book is on another level of what Atheists call 'manipulation'. It's extremely more direct, especially, especially to non-believers. I mean Atheists seem very forward on discrediting and misquoting The Bible, when The Qu'ran has very strong feelings on Atheism! On ya'll. In a real way men.

The Qu'ran rejects Atheists completely. Hard too. Hard. But I don't see people jumping down them. Why? Is we non-believers a lil ignorant to it? :D

It's really thru-out the whole book but..for a quick-fast taste in just the second chapter..

Quote from: The Cow
2:7. Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).

2:10. In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).

2:39. "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."

Atheism in The Bible is called an abomination which is obviously evidenttttttt but The Qu'ran talks about, Allah-willing, could and will take away one's sight, one's hearing, make one deaf dumb and blind and will have one burning in hell for denying God. Now, ya'll wanna talk about The Bible and fear? Hmm? Ya'll wanna talk about The Bible and brain washing?

Why? Cuz ya'll think pissing off Christians is fun? Man, yo, think about what Muslims opinions of Atheists are? Why us? Lol. Is it just the ignorance to The Qu'ran? But really why fucks wit just us? Atheistm gotta reject ev'rythang, wordddddd?

I don't know.

What if "they" isn't the atheists you envision the qu'ran is talking about? atheism is a very ambiguous word, and so is faith. I seem to think you believe atheists are people that don't believe in "God" but God is also ambiguous, probably the most ambiguous term in language. What I believe the qu'ran is talking about in those excerpts is that those who don't have faith will suffer the consequences. Those consequences are felt in real life, one way or the other.

Sparegeez

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 08:09:29 PM »
What exactly are you guys smoking, claiming that Christians are just about as aggressive as Muslims when someone disses their religion? You cannot be serious.

Weren't there people willing to kill a teacher who called a teddybear Mohammed? Or entire cities protesting because some dude from Denmark made comics making fun of Islam? Cartoonists in western countries make fun of Jesus all day and nothing happens.
If I remember correctly some dude from the Netherlands was also killed for saying what he thought about Islam publicly.
Let's be serious, please.

Well to be fair there is more poverty in Islamic nations than there are in Christian nations(based on real GDP no ghettos) which unites people and sometimes calls for revolutionary acts. Religion has nothing to do with how people treat each other.

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 08:22:49 PM »
Yeah, fuck those idiots that go out of their way to have the word god taken out of shit or the 10 commandments removed from places and shit like that.

Im not gonna go out of my way. But yeah, I do think the word "god" shouldnt be associated with anything related to government.  It shouldnt be in school, shouldnt be on our money.  No more then it shoould say "In No God We Trust"
It's been on money forever though. Besides, it keeps the hopelessly faithful content that god will bless their money or some stupid shit. It's better to keep them happy so they don't start blowing up the federal reserve like they did with abortion clinics.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Overfiend

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »
I don't see why people would think atheists are highly critical of faith. Usually its just religious spin-doctors trying to hype it as if atheists are attacking their faith because of course having a common enemy or battle creates a common identity that most religious adherents are in the business of fostering. Think about it: how active, vocal and visible is atheism really? Since when have you seen an atheist on the street handing out brochures or knocking at your door trying to pass off literature?

Sparegeez

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 08:33:50 PM »
I don't see why people would think atheists are highly critical of faith. Usually its just religious spin-doctors trying to hype it as if atheists are attacking their faith because of course having a common enemy or battle creates a common identity that most religious adherents are in the business of fostering. Think about it: how active, vocal and visible is atheism really? Since when have you seen an atheist on the street handing out brochures or knocking at your door trying to pass off literature?

what kind of faith do atheists have? like, what do they believe in

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 08:36:42 PM »
Like others have already said, it's because of circumstances. Generally speaking though, Atheists aren't interested in dissecting the differences between Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc. Point blank, if you follow any form of Theism, then you're all lumped into the same category in their eyes.
Except with those who have a vendetta against christianity. They can be just as bad as christians.

yea, its pretty retarded, basically those idiots are making atheism a religion, because they firmly believe that there is no god.

but really i believe atheism is basically labeling yourself as " i dont know, but i dont believe in religions" but i wouldnt go as far as to say im right and christians or buddhits or muslims are wrong.

because simply nothing can be proven to resolve this argument.

Seriously, I've been tellin' believers and non believers for the longest that they can't prove jack shit to each other so just cut the crap and have a tea party because it's just a waste of time to keep debating.
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »

Like Sik pointed out earlier, there are a few atheists who love creating controversy, ie. 10 Commandments statue @ Courthouses, Pledge Of Allegiance, etc.

At the same time, you have a point in that it isn't as prevalent. But the few atheists that like to ruffle theism's feathers are just as hardcore about it as the bible thumpers arguing otherwise.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 08:50:55 PM »

It's been on money forever though. Besides, it keeps the hopelessly faithful content that god will bless their money or some stupid shit. It's better to keep them happy so they don't start blowing up the federal reserve like they did with abortion clinics.

People wanted to keep seperate bathrooms for "White" and "Colored" people because it had "been that way forever" too tho.  Thats no reason to keep things the way they are.  Now, if having In God We Trust on our money ensures that more deeply religious people will continue to be scammed out of there hard earned money.....well....I guess Im all for it then. lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 09:09:51 PM »

People wanted to keep seperate bathrooms for "White" and "Colored" people because it had "been that way forever" too tho.  Thats no reason to keep things the way they are.  Now, if having In God We Trust on our money ensures that more deeply religious people will continue to be scammed out of there hard earned money.....well....I guess Im all for it then. lol
I'll give that a "Amen".
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Overfiend

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 09:20:55 PM »

Man up and google that shit son.

Sparegeez

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 09:37:48 PM »

Man up and google that shit son.

.... youre a fucking idiot nevermind

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »
I don't see any affect on having God printed on the back of money, really. Like them types of Atheists removing The Bill of Rights outta classrooms. Having a fit about a manger shown in public places for Christmas. I don't get it. If they where hangin' 'Be Christian or Die' signs thats somethang different. But this shit is like public Halloween, 4th of July or Easter decorations, fuckin' pointless. Are The British gonna try and remove our celebration of Independence day? Like removing 'faith based' historical documents outta fuckin' schools. IT'S HISTORY. If we ain't TAKING AWAY your rights, don't take away ours. The term God should not be violating. It should be fuckin' uplifting. If we wanna get comparing, wit all the morals, fable stories and fairytales, God is love. It teaches children positivity. People shouldn't be bitter bout it. Italians don't believe in leprechauns, but they don't flip out when they see that word everywhere. Why God get so much hate? :D God suppose to illustrate love, like Santa illustrate good behavior. Deny him, I don't how, but if ya do fine, but why be mad bout it or offended?

What if "they" isn't the atheists you envision the qu'ran is talking about? atheism is a very ambiguous word, and so is faith. I seem to think you believe atheists are people that don't believe in "God" but God is also ambiguous, probably the most ambiguous term in language. What I believe the qu'ran is talking about in those excerpts is that those who don't have faith will suffer the consequences. Those consequences are felt in real life, one way or the other.
Wait, what? People who don't have faith, are Atheists, word? Non-believers? All the same ish.

Quote from: The Family Of 'Imran, The House Of 'Imran
3:4. Then those who reject Faith in the Signs of Allah will suffer the severest penalty, and Allah is Exalted in Might, Lord of Retribution.

Quote from: Women
4:167. Those who reject Faith and keep off (men) from the way of Allah, have verily strayed far, far away from the Path.

4:168. Those who reject Faith and do wrong,- Allah will not forgive them nor guide them to any way-

Quote from: The Table, The Table Spread
5:5. This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time,- when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues if any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).

Quote from: The Family Of 'Imran, The House Of 'Imran
3:179. Allah will not leave the believers in the state in which ye are now, until He separates what is evil from what is good nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Messenger. (For the purpose) whom He pleases. So believe in Allah. And His apostles: And if ye believe and do right, ye have a reward without measure.
Look at the 'manipulation'. More so, more direct than The Bible. You are promised rewards beyond measure for being faithful. It's like this thru-out the whole book. The rewards and deeds. This should get Atheists wet. :D ;D :P

Quote from: The Table, The Table Spread
5:2. O ye who believe! Violate not the sanctity of the symbols of Allah, nor of the sacred month, nor of the animals brought for sacrifice, nor the garlands that mark out such animals, nor the people resorting to the sacred house, seeking of the bounty and good pleasure of their Lord. But when ye are clear of the sacred precincts and of pilgrim garb, ye may hunt and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah. for Allah is strict in punishment

Sparegeez

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »
what do you consider faith quietruth? faith as in a belief in God?