Author Topic: Beanie Sigel - Purple Rain (Feat. Bun B) (Appreciation Thread)  (Read 265 times)

Blood$

Beanie Sigel - Purple Rain (Feat. Bun B) (Appreciation Thread)
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MIlGPwskXIA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp; http://www.youtube.com/v/MIlGPwskXIA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MIlGPwskXIA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp; http://www.youtube.com/v/MIlGPwskXIA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

personal classic for me... such a dope track 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Beanie Sigel - Purple Rain (Feat. Bun B) (Appreciation Thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:53:03 PM »
That whole album is a borderline classic for me. Great track.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »
That whole album is a borderline classic for me.

co-sign

I bought the album back when it dropped and just remember how over time the album really grew on me, and I still bump mad tracks off it to this day... there weren't any weak cuts but I felt the production on certain spots should have been more top notch 8)

I know Lunatic gotta love this one

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »
That whole album is a borderline classic for me.

co-sign

I bought the album back when it dropped and just remember how over time the album really grew on me, and I still bump mad tracks off it to this day... there weren't any weak cuts but I felt the production on certain spots should have been more top notch 8)

Yeah I remember this was during the time when it was up in the air whether or not Beans was signing with Roc-A-Fella or Dame Dash's label. Production like you said could have been better in certain areas but overall he had some incredible songs on this album.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 03:40:15 AM »
That album still stands as Beanie's best effort throughout his whole catalogue...

sav

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »
That album still stands as Beanie's best effort throughout his whole catalogue...

Oh yes, you're right. It's his best work/album.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »
Great track from a real good album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »
Co-Sign everything said in this thread, album was dope. "Feel It In The Air" was my shit...

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »
Ha, U right on that one. Love this record 8)

Beanie has a pretty sick catalog.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Bond

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 01:05:57 PM »
Great song, great album.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »

trash

never liked it..

beanie jumped on the syrup bandwagon..and tried to pull a game n try n make up some shit bout how philly niggas been sippin syrup

i remember back in 99 til like 2001.. when me n my potnaz was doin dirt in south and north philly and we was 2 of the niggas connect on both side..

i remember meeting dwight and a couple more cats he ran with at a studio..we was droppin some work off n was headin back to texas..face was in the studio..and 3 of the hired hardhittaz from lil j we knew..hit us up 7 pints of lean..kuz he was homesick..

that nigga beanie got a brick and a pound but didnt fuck wit the drank... all the texas niggas that was there po'd up and was sippin all the philly niggas in the room was lookin dumbfounded like u country niggas trippin

then around that timer it was tour held there..with the dungeon family cypress hill the roots and some more cats..

pimp c was there..we all in a studio..what they do by the roots video had came on the night of the show..the song ran pimp c hot..everybody was sippin again..philly niggas in the mix..didnt do shit..

pimp c later ended up dissin the roots on the top notch hoes song..and made it a point to let it be known the south makes country rap tunes not hip hop...

fast forward..to 2004-2005ish.. paul wall slim thug and mike blow up..paul wall got the syrup epidemic goin and its blowin up...everybody sippin now.. from lil wayne to jermaine dupri..

beanie hops on the bandwagon.. starts claimin philly been on it..claimin street niggas dont talk about it.. but its been done before tx.. street niggas glorify weed n pushin weight.. but cant talk bout syrup..

nigga puhleaze..

westsiderider323

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »

trash

never liked it..

beanie jumped on the syrup bandwagon..and tried to pull a game n try n make up some shit bout how philly niggas been sippin syrup

i remember back in 99 til like 2001.. when me n my potnaz was doin dirt in south and north philly and we was 2 of the niggas connect on both side..

i remember meeting dwight and a couple more cats he ran with at a studio..we was droppin some work off n was headin back to texas..face was in the studio..and 3 of the hired hardhittaz from lil j we knew..hit us up 7 pints of lean..kuz he was homesick..

that nigga beanie got a brick and a pound but didnt fuck wit the drank... all the texas niggas that was there po'd up and was sippin all the philly niggas in the room was lookin dumbfounded like u country niggas trippin

then around that timer it was tour held there..with the dungeon family cypress hill the roots and some more cats..

pimp c was there..we all in a studio..what they do by the roots video had came on the night of the show..the song ran pimp c hot..everybody was sippin again..philly niggas in the mix..didnt do shit..

pimp c later ended up dissin the roots on the top notch hoes song..and made it a point to let it be known the south makes country rap tunes not hip hop...

fast forward..to 2004-2005ish.. paul wall slim thug and mike blow up..paul wall got the syrup epidemic goin and its blowin up...everybody sippin now.. from lil wayne to jermaine dupri..

beanie hops on the bandwagon.. starts claimin philly been on it..claimin street niggas dont talk about it.. but its been done before tx.. street niggas glorify weed n pushin weight.. but cant talk bout syrup..

nigga puhleaze..

^^ the reason y ima b goin to the university of houston

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »

trash

never liked it..

nigga puhleaze..

^^ the reason y ima b goin to the university of houston

be careful bro..harris county..hell city of houston dont play when it comes to drank..laws catch u.. u will end up doin football numbers starting at the 20

thats why boys r gettin taxed now..and the prices r high as fuck now

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 07:22:21 PM »
I see 3rd Coast's point but I still fuck with the song, to each his own

but Lil' Wayne was actually rapping about lean back in '02, peep his one verse on "Way Of Life"

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 07:56:45 PM »
http://www.singingfool.com/Title.aspx?publishedid=178662

]

i feel u bro..

but its funny... the first rapper to have the real deal in his video..was slimm calhoun...