Author Topic: Sha Money XL Inks Multi-Million Dollar Distro Deal  (Read 232 times)

Elano

Sha Money XL Inks Multi-Million Dollar Distro Deal
« on: November 11, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »
Renowned producer Sha Money XL has inked a multi-million dollar music and film distribution deal for his Dream Big Ventures imprint, which will allow him and his team to “nurture talent that has the passion to ‘dream big,’” he announced today (November 11).

“Sha Money’s reputation and track record of success speaks for itself,” said Michael Bull, General Manager of The Orchard, Dream Big’s new distribution home. “All of us at The Orchard are thrilled to be in a position to work with Sha, building and developing his new label. We see Dream Big as America’s next great urban independent.”

The former G-Unit Records president comes The Orchard – the world’s leading digital distributor of music – with a roster of three artists, each at a different stage of their careers.

Dream Big Ventures also comes to The Orchard with a completed first project: former Shady/Aftermath recording artist Stat Quo’s long-delayed debut album Statlanta. Also signed to the new imprint are DJ Whoo Kid and former Young Money associate Kidd Kidd.

“The first three projects coming out of Dream Big are very realistic reflections of the three stages an artist can find themselves in: established and successful, in-between labels or ready to take your career to the next level,” Sha Money told AllHipHop.com in a statement.

Originally scheduled for a 2003 release, Statlanta now boasts production credits by Che Vicious, Hi-Tek, Key Kat Productions and Sha Money XL himself, who says he wanted to work with Stat from the first time he heard him.

“The anticipation for his debut album is still high,” he added. “I am pleased to be releasing it through my new venture.”

Along with the announcement of its new partnership, Dream Big released Stat Quo’s latest single “Freaky Girl” and Kidd Kidd’s “New Kidd On The Block” mixtape, hosted by DJ Whoo Kid and DJ Scream.

In addition to operating his new venture as a traditional label, Sha Money XL has launched a new website, DreamBigVentures.Net, which he hopes can serve as an interactive advertising and promotion tools for up-and-coming talent and music-related service providers, ie web and graphic designers, producers, and videographers. Sha’s hope is that the site will also encourage established industry executives to seek out those kinds of talent the world over.

“Dream Big is about me fulfilling my dreams and my visions,” Sha Moneys explained. “Imagine if Dr. Dre had never moved on from NWA or Death Row? You have to have wisdom to accept that a change has to take place, but not be careless with your future.”

In addition to his continued expansion of the One Stop Shop, which, in three years, has become the premier annual networking event for producers, Sha Money XL is currently co-managing Hi-Tek and Talib Kewli as Reflection Eternal. Revolutions Per Minute, the duo’s highly anticipated follow-up to 2000’s Train of Thought, is due out in 2010.

Sha Money also recently served as the Associate Producer on 50 Cent’s fourth studio album, Before I Self-Destruct, which is set to hit stores Tuesday (November 16).

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sha Money XL Inks Multi-Million Dollar Distro Deal
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »
Dream Big Ventures also comes to The Orchard with a completed first project: former Shady/Aftermath recording artist Stat Quo’s long-delayed debut album Statlanta. Also signed to the new imprint are DJ Whoo Kid and former Young Money associate Kidd Kidd.

Originally scheduled for a 2003 release, Statlanta now boasts production credits by Che Vicious, Hi-Tek, Key Kat Productions and Sha Money XL himself, who says he wanted to work with Stat from the first time he heard him.

“The anticipation for his debut album is still high,” he added. “I am pleased to be releasing it through my new venture.”

Was just gonna post this, that's good and bad news about Statlanta, we're gonna finally get the album, but sounds like all the Dre productions gone from it :-/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 01:48:22 PM by dubsmith_nz »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 03:20:27 PM »
Remember how folks were saying Aftermath needs another label to release the work of artists on the label?  I can see this being the case.  It'd be a really dope label if they collected the former employees of Aftermath/Shady - Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont, Focus, Bobby Creekwater, etc. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

moe

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:29:26 PM »

Was just gonna post this, that's good and bad news about Statlanta, we're gonna finally get the album, but sounds like all the Dre productions gone from it :-/
well dr dre has fallen off in recent times

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »

well dr dre has fallen off in recent times

The Statlanta ish is from like 2005 though, the reviews the album got were crazy