Author Topic: Nas says he would kill Eminem in a battle!  (Read 946 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Nas says he would kill Eminem in a battle!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2002, 10:05:08 AM »

YET u claim that what Jay does in his rapz is  braggin'....but when NAS does it, it's going back to the essence of hiphop.

Oh, and i'd just like to say that even though bragging is all part of the battling essence in hip-hop it wasn't wise for Jay to say he was possibly better than Biggie  ;)

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2002, 03:08:05 PM »
......thought i havent heard part two........n jome, seriously man, letly u jus seeem to be hangin onto nas's nuts, i mean whats ya problem with him? lol

Ugh dude, I'm sposed to be a Nas-fan, but that's not easy when he's flirting with Ja Rule and selling the fuck out.
Yet he continues talking outta his ass, and talking about taking hiphop back to the roots, and keeping it real.

I be like: Shut the fuck up, and do proper records instead.
Sometimes his interviews makes me wonder if somebody is ghostwriting for him..

lol i know u didnt say that nigga, nas sellin out?? make proper records instead?? nigga i know u didnt mean that...........have u heard 'made you look'? isnt that a proper hiphop track, it is in my eyes and sellin out? isnt he the nigga who jus made stillmatic and apparently makin another non commercail album in 'gods son'........seriously man, i think that what you was sayin there is jus bullshit man.........unless im percieving it in another way to what its meant......or u jus made a mistake..........but i def do agree with one thang.....he needs to get the fucka away from the murder inc crew! but aslong as it dont effect his records, he can kick it with who he wants ya getz me

peace

Pillow

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2002, 04:10:45 PM »
eminem is tha best fuckin rapper/lyracist out there right now and prolly will end up being the best ever. nas would not stand a fuckin chance against him on tha real

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2002, 05:44:54 PM »
Ether > Quitter / I Remember / My Name / Say What You Say

Eminem can battle in competitions but he hasn't proven to me that he can make a vicious diss track.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2002, 05:55:42 PM »
Ether > Quitter / I Remember / My Name / Say What You Say

Eminem can battle in competitions but he hasn't proven to me that he can make a vicious diss track.

I thought "I Remember" was a great diss record and "Quitter" was good too.  "My Name" and "Say What You Say" weren't really all out diss records like "Ether" or a "The Bitch In Yoo".  

But overall think it would be a good battle and I think it could go either way.  You can make arguments for either one.  

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2002, 11:28:59 PM »
a few comments.

what respectable rhymer has Eminem ever beaten in a battle?  his dispute with Everlast was at best a toss up, his shit with Canibus is unfinished, he got served by evidence.  Eminem is obviously the better freestyle, but songwise Nas would spank him.

as for him saying he'd win to quote Phife Dog from A Tribe Called Quest "If I don't say I'm the best tell me who the hell will?"  that's real right there. it's all about self-confidence for emcees... when has an emcee ever said "yo straight up im wack compared to this guy, or that guy"?

I see Lose Yourself/Run Rabbit Run seems to have increased most peoples opinion of Eminem... i'll admit that it did renew my interest in him, but he's certainly not the best Emcee out... nor the best lyricist.  

I don't really like Nas rolling with Murda Inc, but as long as he's just hanging out with cats and not being influenced by their style it's all good.  "Made You Look" sounds like some shit from a decade and a half ago, which is mad cool to me.  
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2002, 12:03:36 AM »
Eminem would win any battle with Nas. Check "Quitter" for proof, he would kill any rapper stepping to him if he is 100 percent focused on doing so.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2002, 05:57:55 PM »
Eminem would win any battle with Nas. Check "Quitter" for proof, he would kill any rapper stepping to him if he is 100 percent focused on doing so.

Quitter vs. Ether

Can we say DICKRIDER

Pillow

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2002, 08:58:35 PM »
he's certainly not the best Emcee out... nor the best lyricist.  
yes he is!

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2002, 10:20:04 PM »
Lol, don't know why some of you are tripping at his comments, he's just bigging himself up, ain't nothing wrong with that. So Em can say stuff to this effect but Nas can't? Hip-hop is all about bringing what you can to the table and flaunting it, thats where the essence in battling comes from.

YET u claim that what Jay does in his rapz is  braggin'....but when NAS does it, it's going back to the essence of hiphop.

I don't mean bragging in the sense of what material things they have, I mean about the skills they have, and not only bragging but showcasing those skills aswell.

yo dog, haven't you ever thought that the shift of hiphop to materialism is an evolutional stage, coming from the early hiphop's "skill braggin", like in the sence of "Im ILL> dat's why people buyin' my shit> dat'z how I got this rolex and this chain>....> now Im a kingpin" ;D....not that seilz have anything to do with quallity, Im just explaining how they got to the whole materialistic nut waving, problem is, this Evolutional progress(if I may call it so) created a seperate movement in hiphop, not neceserly a needed one. But it comes from the exact same principle, So u really ARE kinda having a double standart

and here is another proof.:
"Oh, and i'd just like to say that even though bragging is all part of the battling essence in hip-hop it wasn't wise for Jay to say he was possibly better than Biggie"  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2002, 10:21:58 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

S.G.V.

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2002, 12:00:42 AM »
to bash nas a little bit here...i always here people talk shit about Kurupt for rhyming Bitch with Bitch or Techn9ne for rhymin Nigga with Nigga...but Nas rhymes Fella with Fella more than a few times in this song...which(according to others) is a big no no...i mean Ether was coo...but Takeover fucked up Ether easily...and yea i think Nas is overrated...to me u can be the best written mc but that dont matter...cuz u can take years writing to perfection...real emcees dump on the spot...and Eminem can bust with the best of them...yall know that...go back to his Wake Up Show days...i dont think nas could ever spit any shit like eminem did...cmon this little white boy was bustin with established Emcees like KRS-One, Pharoahe Monch, Xzibit, Dilated Peoples, etc...hell he placed fairly high in the rap-olympics...so i doubt nas could even touch eminem....oh and yall know im not much of an eminem fan...but its the truth

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2002, 01:03:19 AM »
Posted by: S.G.V. Posted on: Today at 02:00:42am
to bash nas a little bit here...i always here people talk shit about Kurupt for rhyming Bitch with Bitch or Techn9ne for rhymin Nigga with Nigga...but Nas rhymes Fella with Fella more than a few times in this song...which(according to others) is a big no no...i mean Ether was coo...but Takeover fucked up Ether easily...and yea i think Nas is overrated...to me u can be the best written mc but that dont matter...cuz u can take years writing to perfection...real emcees dump on the spot...and Eminem can bust with the best of them...yall know that...go back to his Wake Up Show days...i dont think nas could ever spit any shit like eminem did...cmon this little white boy was bustin with established Emcees like KRS-One, Pharoahe Monch, Xzibit, Dilated Peoples, etc...hell he placed fairly high in the rap-olympics...so i doubt nas could even touch eminem....oh and yall know im not much of an eminem fan...but its the truth  

You don't have to explain yourself dude we all know that Slim is on top right now. We are just ignorant and hatin.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2002, 03:58:26 AM »
Lol, don't know why some of you are tripping at his comments, he's just bigging himself up, ain't nothing wrong with that. So Em can say stuff to this effect but Nas can't? Hip-hop is all about bringing what you can to the table and flaunting it, thats where the essence in battling comes from.

I don't mean bragging in the sense of what material things they have, I mean about the skills they have, and not only bragging but showcasing those skills aswell.

yo dog, haven't you ever thought that the shift of hiphop to materialism is an evolutional stage, coming from the early hiphop's "skill braggin", like in the sence of "Im ILL> dat's why people buyin' my shit> dat'z how I got this rolex and this chain>....> now Im a kingpin" ;D....not that seilz have anything to do with quallity, Im just explaining how they got to the whole materialistic nut waving, problem is, this Evolutional progress(if I may call it so) created a seperate movement in hiphop, not neceserly a needed one. But it comes from the exact same principle, So u really ARE kinda having a double standart

and here is another proof.:
"Oh, and i'd just like to say that even though bragging is all part of the battling essence in hip-hop it wasn't wise for Jay to say he was possibly better than Biggie"  

Nope, no double standards here, aslong as they have the skills to back up what their saying I really don't care. I can't really relate to all that materialistic BS so it doesn't really interest me even if now it seems to be an 'essential' ingrediant these days, i'd rather listen to something with real content.
But anyways, take KRS, he's one of the biggest braggers, since the early days, and he doesn't need to talk about materialistic BS, and he has the skills to back his talk up, and thats why he's respected by so many real MC's.
As for what Jay said, it was disrespectful to Biggie imo, because as far as i'm concerened Jay is an average MC, and I know alot of people were offended by what Jay said because in reality, compared to Biggie he can't back it up skills wise. He can say he's the best if he wants, I mean he's not gonna say he's the worst now is he?

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2002, 07:26:10 AM »
We're kinda going off topic man, since the arguement wasn't bout who we see as worthy enough to brag, we were talking about braggin in general(Not that I have anythang against relating to trackz but truelly I can't see how it's possible to relate to any typa bragging, so relating to tracks hasn't really anythang to do with it) , and just as you said when it only concerned NAS-I have nothing against it, just like I can't be against any other clear statement brought to me on trackz(I ain't listenin to shit to edit or censoure it)....as for Jay saying "if I aint better than BIG I'm the closest one" offeneded or not as some people might have been, has nothin' to do with the fact that it was nothing but legitemate bragging.....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

S.G.V.

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2002, 07:09:24 PM »
i just feel like throwing fire to the flame...if people say nas aint materialistic then they must be kidding themselves...mr i ice my tennis shoes, mr wear minks in videos waving cristal bottles in the air....hes just as materialistic as the next man...i swear nas fans got doublestandards for nas....hes a real mc cuz he actually has meaning in some songs?...well so does plenty of rappers...jayz is wack for rappin about jewels and shit...but its ok if nas does it...its wack is someone brags...but nas does it...its ok...get over it