Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bigg Snoop Dogg Returns To DUBCNN This Monday (LIVE NOW!)  (Read 1541 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN: Bigg Snoop Dogg Returns To DUBCNN This Monday (LIVE NOW!)
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »
This was a social networking experiment...what were you expecting a 5 part in-depth interview on twitter?! We've DONE that, we've GIVEN you that, we opted to try something new.

Are we gonna sit down with Snoop for a full interview, yes, but this was exactly what it promised to be.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Portugoal

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2009, 01:23:58 AM »
This interview is a bitch to read. When I see Snoop's name my mind expects to see what Snoop says and not what Snoop's been asked.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2009, 01:45:09 AM »
This was a social networking experiment...what were you expecting a 5 part in-depth interview on twitter?! We've DONE that, we've GIVEN you that, we opted to try something new.

Are we gonna sit down with Snoop for a full interview, yes, but this was exactly what it promised to be.

yeah, n the "experiment" was a complete fucc-up. please don't EVER do "interviews" like this again..
 ;D

thnx

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2009, 03:23:06 AM »

in-depth interviews will never be played out. they are informative, hence the reason to have interviews..... to be informed.
this twitter thing was an absolute mockery of an interview. straight diorhea. sorry, i didnt have any idea it was going to be as bad as this. if i knew it was going to be like this, i wouldnt've waisted my time posting all those questions for this crap.

yeah, n the "experiment" was a complete fucc-up. please don't EVER do "interviews" like this again..
 ;D

thnx
word!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:25:46 AM by ironmike »

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »
The interview was well documented on Twitter and raised DUBCNN's profile considerably. A lot of people were retweeting both our questions and Snoop's responses. Hardly a complete fuck-up. Some people just had unrealistic expectations. As Rud suggested, you expected a detailed essay of a response? Sorry folks - 140 characters per Tweet.

As for the people that struggled to follow its structure, we put up a page of the complete Q&A almost immediately afterwards - check the news page.

In terms of questions asked, a lot of you should know by now: These interviews are often sanctioned by major label employees and promotional teams - there is a lot of stuff that, frankly, they don't want Snoop to answer or would rather he avoided all together. You guys might want him to talk about his relationship with Tray Deee, but that doesn't mean that he or his team wish to do so. I did my utmost to ask what you guys submitted, but a LOT of stuff was nixed. Shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

Take it for what it was - a fun experiment that broadened DUBCNN's digital presence and reintroduced Snoop to our site.

You want to find another way to ask Snoop about the status of Nate Dogg, or his relationship with Lil C Style, or how often he listens to Bad Azz's Personal Business, be my guest...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:29:23 AM by Conan »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Portugoal

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2009, 12:04:45 PM »
As for the people that struggled to follow its structure, we put up a page of the complete Q&A almost immediately afterwards - check the news page.

That's exactly what I was complaining about. I hope that if you do this in the future you'll make a normal Q&A page like this:

Question: fghskfsdhflasfsd fdsgfsdgg gsdgddffdhsghdfesaf3wqt3w4eg?
Answer: No.

Question: ........
Answer: .........................

fabtoxicp

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »
The interview was well documented on Twitter and raised DUBCNN's profile considerably. A lot of people were retweeting both our questions and Snoop's responses. Hardly a complete fuck-up. Some people just had unrealistic expectations. As Rud suggested, you expected a detailed essay of a response? Sorry folks - 140 characters per Tweet.

In terms of questions asked, a lot of you should know by now: These interviews are often sanctioned by major label employees and promotional teams - there is a lot of stuff that, frankly, they don't want Snoop to answer or would rather he avoided all together. You guys might want him to talk about his relationship with Tray Deee, but that doesn't mean that he or his team wish to do so. I did my utmost to ask what you guys submitted, but a LOT of stuff was nixed. Shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

Take it for what it was - a fun experiment that broadened DUBCNN's digital presence and reintroduced Snoop to our site.

You want to find another way to ask Snoop about the status of Nate Dogg, or his relationship with Lil C Style, or how often he listens to Bad Azz's Personal Business, be my guest...

not a "fucc up" in the sense of "fucc-up". jus the way it was constructed n shit. it did it's job like it's posed to, gettin followings on Twitter and such, but i'd rather check out regular interviews in the future

good lookin out though wit the Q/A's

You guys might want him to talk about his relationship with Tray Deee, but that doesn't mean that he or his team wish to do so. now dats fucd up right there. why wouldn't the employees want us to kno anythin bout dat? and at the same time, u would think snoop is his own man, boss whatever. i mean, for example, i'd doubt Fifty would eva have somebody behind him tellin him what to say n what not to say. still, they two different persons, but still.. they both bosses, n u'd git the impression they could say n talk about whatever they fucc feel like talkin about..

supposedly, snoop's cool wit tray though. tray hollad at him. heard dat on an interview wit Whoo Kid on Shade45 recently..

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »
in-depth interviews will never be played out. they are informative, hence the reason to have interviews..... to be informed.
this twitter thing was an absolute mockery of an interview. straight diorhea. sorry, i didnt have any idea it was going to be as bad as this. if i knew it was going to be like this, i wouldnt've waisted my time posting all those questions for this crap.

Unbelievable...do you read posts before you replied? Did i say in depth interviews are played out?! NO. I said we've done it, you've had them from us on so many occasions...we opted to do something new...does it mean we wont do what we do best? Of Course Not. Some times people amaze me.

Great post Conan. Case Closed.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »

not a "fucc up" in the sense of "fucc-up". jus the way it was constructed n shit. it did it's job like it's posed to, gettin followings on Twitter and such, but i'd rather check out regular interviews in the future

good lookin out though wit the Q/A's

You guys might want him to talk about his relationship with Tray Deee, but that doesn't mean that he or his team wish to do so. now dats fucd up right there. why wouldn't the employees want us to kno anythin bout dat? and at the same time, u would think snoop is his own man, boss whatever. i mean, for example, i'd doubt Fifty would eva have somebody behind him tellin him what to say n what not to say. still, they two different persons, but still.. they both bosses, n u'd git the impression they could say n talk about whatever they fucc feel like talkin about..

supposedly, snoop's cool wit tray though. tray hollad at him. heard dat on an interview wit Whoo Kid on Shade45 recently..

Tray Deee was just used as an example of publicists nixing potentially controversial questions - it's not necessarily reflective of what happened with this particular interview.

Snoop COULD answer any question he wants, but all major artists have label advisors / publicists / managers doing what they feel is in their clients best interests. Sometimes that includes shutting down questions that they deem harmful. Whether the questions actually are is a different story entirely...

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »
The interview was an interesting experiment but I kept thinking that was Daz on Snoop's laptop.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »
Twitter is a major force so it was only natural for this type of interview to take place, especially as it got Dubcnn out there which can only be a good thing.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2009, 01:02:57 PM »
^^
you know what, i can respect that.
this twitter thing was useless on the basis of the interview aspect, but if it put dubcnn's name out there, i can respect that.

you know what, i apologizse for getting the shyts about the twitter thing, i just thought it would be just a little bit more of a higher calibre interview than this. i knew it was going to be a not very effective type of interview, but i didnt realise it was going to be this bad. for that i'm sorry.

i just hope that the tradional method of dubcnn conducting phone interviews with audio will stay as the number 1 method of conducting interviews for dubcnn's choice.

and as for snoop havin advisers n shyt telling him not to answer certain questions on twitter, then the best solution to get some of these questions answered is in a phone interview, right?
i'm pretty sure snoop has answered questions in dubcnn's previous phone interviews relating to relationships with artists like tray deee or bad azz and so on, so i'm guessing now wouldnt be any different if a phone interview was conducted.

so ya'll mentioned that a proper interview will be conducted with snoop, so then the tougher questions can be asked, yes? will the dubcnn forum members be able to pass their questions to dubcnn for the proper phone interview?....

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2009, 03:19:25 PM »
^^
you know what, i can respect that.
this twitter thing was useless on the basis of the interview aspect, but if it put dubcnn's name out there, i can respect that.

you know what, i apologizse for getting the shyts about the twitter thing, i just thought it would be just a little bit more of a higher calibre interview than this. i knew it was going to be a not very effective type of interview, but i didnt realise it was going to be this bad. for that i'm sorry.

i just hope that the tradional method of dubcnn conducting phone interviews with audio will stay as the number 1 method of conducting interviews for dubcnn's choice.

and as for snoop havin advisers n shyt telling him not to answer certain questions on twitter, then the best solution to get some of these questions answered is in a phone interview, right?
i'm pretty sure snoop has answered questions in dubcnn's previous phone interviews relating to relationships with artists like tray deee or bad azz and so on, so i'm guessing now wouldnt be any different if a phone interview was conducted.

so ya'll mentioned that a proper interview will be conducted with snoop, so then the tougher questions can be asked, yes? will the dubcnn forum members be able to pass their questions to dubcnn for the proper phone interview?....

I appreciate that you were able to see things from our perspective. Personally, I enjoyed the experience. I thought for our first time doing this, it came out okay. There's always going to be room for improvement, but you can't learn where to improve without trying. Trust me  - there are other questions I would have liked to ask.

I'm confident that phone and in-person interviews will remain a priority at DUBCNN. As has been said, this was just a way to broaden our horizons digitally. Twitter is becoming an incredibly powerful tool, with so many artists, industry figureheads, bloggers, and fans getting involved, it was only right that we did also. And, regardless of how well you thought the interview turned out, which other Hip-Hop site can say they have done this? It was a true DUBCNN first.

We are working on organizing another, hopefully in-person interview with Snoop, and should be able to answer some of your more pressing queries then! We can only do our best to ensure that it lives up to Nima's previous Q&A's with Snoop. In my opinion, his original, four part series will go down as one of Snoop's best interviews ever.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 05:35:45 PM »
Nima's previous Q&A's with Snoop. In my opinion, his original, four part series will go down as one of Snoop's best interviews ever.

Word... if this twitter thing raised DUBCNN's profile and they get more Snoop interviews and other interviews in the future, that can only be a good thing, even if this twitter interview didn't really pop off.

That 4 part interview is one of the few really, really good interviews with Snoop, where "proper" questions were asked, rather than the usual bullshit promo questions with stuff like "how did it feel making the video?" "it was dope, we made the video and it turned out real good, etc".

I think a couple of hours sit down with Nima and we would have everything we ever wanted to know about Snoop!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:47:02 PM by UCC »

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 09:07:23 PM »
ok, thanks for the info, conan