Author Topic: I'm totally proud of Drake  (Read 1405 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I'm totally proud of Drake
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »
drake pretends to be a thug?  i dont pay attention to his shit but he doesnt seem like the type of cat who is rappin about guns, the hood, etc. 

Yeah he's as far from a thug with his raps as possible lol

D-TalkX

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 08:24:07 PM »
TYPICAL internet shit. TYPICAL.

"aw i dont like X so i'll just compare him to rapper Y who i think is so much better and is "real hip-hop"

TYPICAL

Drake is wack and yes Class is better....typical my ass, more like honest. Glad to see a Canadian in the limelight but i'm sorry he's not good and he's a pawn for the broads. Not hatin' on him getting money but as far as being a talented emcee.....i preffered him as Jimmy on Degrassi ha

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 09:50:36 PM »
drake pretends to be a thug?  i dont pay attention to his shit but he doesnt seem like the type of cat who is rappin about guns, the hood, etc. 

His whole character is this guy from the streets. The way he talks, dresses, laughs. That is nothing like the guy he was all these years. You don't have to rap about murder to act like you're from the streets. R Kelly was very street with out being a thug rapper talking about killing people. Drake fakes it too much. I can tell it isn't legit.

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2009, 04:23:48 AM »
TYPICAL internet shit. TYPICAL.

"aw i dont like X so i'll just compare him to rapper Y who i think is so much better and is "real hip-hop"

TYPICAL

Drake is wack and yes Class is better....typical my ass, more like honest. Glad to see a Canadian in the limelight but i'm sorry he's not good and he's a pawn for the broads. Not hatin' on him getting money but as far as being a talented emcee.....i preffered him as Jimmy on Degrassi ha

i dont even listen to Drake myself but im tired of seein shit like that on the internet every single day..smh

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »

His whole character is this guy from the streets. The way he talks, dresses, laughs. That is nothing like the guy he was all these years. You don't have to rap about murder to act like you're from the streets. R Kelly was very street with out being a thug rapper talking about killing people. Drake fakes it too much. I can tell it isn't legit.

LOL! at y'all being White.  you should learn to be more culturally diverse and understanding if you think a black man with a confident swagger is tryna be a thug.  that's like me saying every nice white man is a nerd bcuz he's nice.  lol @ the nieveness i c on here.

BIGWORM

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »
I'm from T-Dot and ain't proud of nothing that guy does for Canada. My close friend owns a restaurant/nite club on College street and he is always there when in Toronto. As a person he is a cool humble dude. He doesn't rep Canada or Toronto in his music and thats bullshit in my eyes. Every artist should give respect to were they come from and he doesn't seem too.

KARDINAL OFFISHALL  Reps T-DOT to the fullest and thats why he's loved here and can go were ever he wants without people tryin' to rob him !!!

D-TalkX

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 01:42:46 PM »
I'm from T-Dot and ain't proud of nothing that guy does for Canada. My close friend owns a restaurant/nite club on College street and he is always there when in Toronto. As a person he is a cool humble dude. He doesn't rep Canada or Toronto in his music and thats bullshit in my eyes. Every artist should give respect to were they come from and he doesn't seem too.

KARDINAL OFFISHALL  Reps T-DOT to the fullest and thats why he's loved here and can go were ever he wants without people tryin' to rob him !!!

I agree completely. We were supposed to open for Drake years ago but he didn't have the support, he ended up not doing the show....he's doing what he has to to make money which is fine but really he's nothing special around these parts.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »

LOL! at y'all being White.  you should learn to be more culturally diverse and understanding if you think a black man with a confident swagger is tryna be a thug.  that's like me saying every nice white man is a nerd bcuz he's nice.  lol @ the nieveness i c on here.

I'm from Scarborough you idiot. It's more diverse than any place you've ever been. I'm pretty much the only white guy in every classroom I've ever been in my whole life. This has nothing to do with him being confident. He was very confident as Aubrey Graham aka Jimmy from Degrassi. He acts like he's street. In this case it's New York black street, as seen on TV and movies. He acts nothing like the thugs in Toronto, which are mainly Jamaican. He is acting. That's my point. There are plenty of confident black men in hop hop that don't fake their way into a thug image; Chuck D, KRS, Saul Williams.

And their are plenty of non-blacks that do the exact same thing Drake is doing faking being street; Eminem.

D-TalkX

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
LOL! at y'all being White.

Ignorant much?

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
Drake is fresh. If you dont think he reps Canada listen to his mixtapes, he's always talking about Toronto.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/LTF8-Ehweic" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/LTF8-Ehweic</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 04:55:57 PM »
Drake is fresh. If you dont think he reps Canada listen to his mixtapes, he's always talking about Toronto.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/LTF8-Ehweic" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/LTF8-Ehweic</a>

I don't think anyone ever said he doesn't rep it. It's whether we want him to rep us that is the issue. Niel Young is still our top artist all time so far and I don't think he has anything to worry about from Drake.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 05:07:41 PM »
His rapping is alright but I can't stand his singing

Hendo

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »
Dont understan the hype.Hes an ok singer and an ok rapper but hes not very impressive.And hes a product of the machine that whole self made indepedant shit was a load of shit.

By the way the best canadian hip hop act is k-os,although honestly dudes music expands to more then just hip hop.If youve never listened to him your missing out

just what I was thinking!....

D-TalkX

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
Quote from: Jaydc is a wolf in wolves clothing on Yesterday at 03:15:05 AM
Dont understan the hype.Hes an ok singer and an ok rapper but hes not very impressive.And hes a product of the machine that whole self made indepedant shit was a load of shit.

By the way the best canadian hip hop act is k-os,although honestly dudes music expands to more then just hip hop.If youve never listened to him your missing out

Lil K-Os f/ Sauks for ya

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 10:17:38 PM »
Quote from: Jaydc is a wolf in wolves clothing on Yesterday at 03:15:05 AM

Lil K-Os f/ Sauks for ya

Yeah it's K-Os by mile as far as Canadian rappers, and even if you only include his rap music it's him by far. It's right up there with the best American rap of the last ten years.