Author Topic: Would Game be so well known if 50cent was never involved?  (Read 877 times)

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Would Game be so well known if 50cent was never involved?
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:52:52 AM »
Game is a worldwide star.... Would be still be if 50 cent wasn't involved with his enterance into rap?
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Portugoal

Re: Would Game be so well known if 50cent was never involved?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »
No. I don't like his music nor his (media) character, but 50 Cent did a lot for the west coast. He brought Dr. Dre more superstardom. Snoop jumped on that Pimp Remix  and gave his career a new boost when his career was almost over. He was featured on Game's singles, plus that beef with 50 got the best out of The Game.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:03 AM »
hell mufuckin yeah if dre pushd him as THe next em, 50 he;d be the next big thang off aftermath

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:03:23 AM »
No. I don't like his music nor his (media) character, but 50 Cent did a lot for the west coast. He brought Dr. Dre more superstardom. Snoop jumped on that Pimp Remix  and gave his career a new boost when his career was almost over. He was featured on Game's singles, plus that beef with 50 got the best out of The Game.

50 did a lot for dre???? dont think so. and snoop didnt giv his career boost. P.I.M.P time 50 was at the top. dont agree wid u sayin ' when his career was almost over'

Portugoal

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:20:06 AM »

50 did a lot for dre???? dont think so. and snoop didnt giv his career boost. P.I.M.P time 50 was at the top. dont agree wid u sayin ' when his career was almost over'

He gave Dr. Dre's career a new boost in the way that Dre's current signature sound was first featured on In Da Club.

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:40:03 AM »
its well known game was going no where under dre and dre did not really know what to do with him.him being in the 'in tha club' video shows how long hes been on aftermath.jimmy new putting him with 50 and gunit as the west coast part of the crew would blow him up help get him out there...

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 07:56:12 AM »
Game is a worldwide star.... Would be still be if 50 cent wasn't involved with his enterance into rap?

No like i stated many times before, if it wasnt for 50 cent and Dre, Game would still be doing mixtapes with Jigga Figga and be lost in sea of average wanna be hard rappers who growl in their songs and think that hip hop is real if you use word motherfucker 10 times in one sentnce. Maybe he would continue his career in Jerry Springer type of shows..who knows.

But i cannot lie and say his albums werent dope, 50 really helped him and  taught how to shape himself into a better rapper.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 08:16:12 AM »

Yes you are 100% right. But Snoop's carreer wasn't almost over at that time when the Pimp remix came out. He was actually very hot at that time. I think Pharrell/The Neptunes saved Snoop's carreer back then. He had several hits produced and featuring Pharrell. And yes the beef with 50 was the best thing that could happen to Game.

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »

No like i stated many times before, if it wasnt for 50 cent and Dre, Game would still be doing mixtapes with Jigga Figga and be lost in sea of average wanna be hard rappers who growl in their songs and think that hip hop is real if you use word motherfucker 10 times in one sentnce. Maybe he would continue his career in Jerry Springer type of shows..who knows.

But i cannot lie and say his albums werent dope, 50 really helped him and  taught how to shape himself into a better rapper.

Yeah especially since 50 himself always says that he only worked with Game for 6-7 days ::)

But yeah lets go with your theory.

Anything to descredit Game on this site. Especially goin by the first part of your post ;D

Its alright tho, its the internet. This is what people do here on this site.

I guess its alright to be in the game for 15 years and not have a album out and then have cats like u say "who cares about that" (hint hint Crooked I), but now all of a sudden its an issue ;D

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 09:24:18 AM »

Would 50 without Eminem? Eminem without Dre?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 09:47:22 AM »

Yeah especially since 50 himself always says that he only worked with Game for 6-7 days ::)

But yeah lets go with your theory.

Anything to descredit Game on this site. Especially goin by the first part of your post ;D

Its alright tho, its the internet. This is what people do here on this site.

I guess its alright to be in the game for 15 years and not have a album out and then have cats like u say "who cares about that" (hint hint Crooked I), but now all of a sudden its an issue ;D

Dont know why u catchin feelins over my statement , its just my personal opinion, Im not hating on Game or doin sth to discredit him, Im just saying what is well known. Why are you comparing Game to Crooked I in this thread, it doesnt make sense. Like I said he has dope albums, I did support him and bought his stuff.

Please dont be disturbed or catch feelings on internet forums, at the end we all have right to our own opinion.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Taclivin

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 10:06:45 AM »
As much as I hate to admit it 50 did have a great influence on getting game in to the media spotlight. He would have been lost in the aftermath shuffle of artists with no direction. :(

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
hell mufuckin yeah if dre pushd him as THe next em, 50 he;d be the next big thang off aftermath
  If it were that simple, everyone would get pushed like that. The fact is nearly all of the things that introduced Game to the public were a result of him working with G-Unit. They were constantly putting out videos, mixtapes, and albums so they could give him that exposure. Being from Compton and working with Dre definetly helped sell the project but that alone, wouldn't have got it done. I mean, for comparison, Stat Quo was there at the same time on a joint deal with Dre and Eminem. His project never came out. There was a little bit of media publicity for Game based off him being on Aftermath but he didn't have a major platform until 50 came in and helped work with him.

In a perfect world, everyone would get a monster push like Eminem and 50 but the reality is they didn't get that push until Interscope had a fucking story they could put with the music. Em did well with the first project but he didn't become a mega star until the second one. 50 Cent really had everything in place to become the new big thing. Neither of these guys did that just based off Dr. Dre's affiliation. It certainly helped them but it wasn't like, "Hey, he's got Dr. Dre producing for him, let's give him a two-million dollar promotional budget and make him the biggest rapper in the world".

DADRY

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »
Hell Yeah!!

sofdark

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 03:03:06 PM »
50's status was like Lil' Wayne back then, G-Unit in general was selling Plat. whenever they released something. Despite the current situation between them, Game owes alot to 50 for putting him on the map.