Author Topic: Would Game be so well known if 50cent was never involved?  (Read 882 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Would Game be so well known if 50cent was never involved?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 04:01:13 PM »
*no hate, so just throw that excuse out the window*

do you mean no 50 Cent & no Aftermath? or no 50 Cent & Aftermath?

it's pointless to say no 50 but with Aftermath, because he would have worked with him regardless.

but if Game never had Aftermath & 50 Cent that matter to make two HUGE singles for him, he would be in the same class as Jay Rock, Ya Boy, Nipsey, etc.

just a dope underground rapper from the West, tryna drop an album.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 06:27:55 PM »
of course he wouldnt.  anyone who says different is just bad at business. 

50 was on top when he was fucking with game. a superstar fucking with an unknown.  of course he helped propel him to the top.  the hooks and verses he provided were key to the amount of radio and video play game got.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

eNgIeS

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 08:38:57 PM »
Game had a bit of a buzz even before G Unit, but the G Unit thing did really help. I think How We Do would've blown up with or without 50, but it was even bigger coz of 50, same with hate it or love it. But i still think tehy wouldve been hits

Theres no denying 50 helped Game alot, how much he did has been overrated. 50 flat out lying to people saying he wrote Game raps when theres no comparison to Games raps and lyrics on that album to 50's. 50 may have given him a few hooks and gave him some beats dre had given to him, but 50 overstated what he did for Game

Jimmy H.

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 12:37:29 AM »
I actually wrote something earlier today but it got erased. Here's the thing. Dre is great at bringing the best sound out of new artists but 50 gave Game the exposure. Dre is kind of reclusive when it comes to the public spotlight which is one of the biggest problems with breaking new acts at Aftermath. Eminem was lucky enough to come out around the time when Dre was preparing a new album and tour. 50 Cent is always out there doing interviews. He pushed the fuck out of Game. He was out there name-dropping him. Got him on the Banks CD. Got him on the Buck CD. Performed with him at the Vibe Awards. Put him in that G-Unit video. Got him his own little Whoo Kid mixtape. These were things that really helped Game get his name out there. Game is a phenominal artist but so are people like Ras Kass, Crooked I, Yukmouth, and Jayo Felony. Game was good regardless but 50's involvement kept his name out there.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 12:44:14 AM »
Game is a worldwide star.... Would be still be if 50 cent wasn't involved with his enterance into rap?

No like i stated many times before, if it wasnt for 50 cent and Dre, Game would still be doing mixtapes with Jigga Figga and be lost in sea of average wanna be hard rappers who growl in their songs and think that hip hop is real if you use word motherfucker 10 times in one sentnce. Maybe he would continue his career in Jerry Springer type of shows..who knows.

But i cannot lie and say his albums werent dope, 50 really helped him and  taught how to shape himself into a better rapper.

Yeah especially since 50 himself always says that he only worked with Game for 6-7 days ::)

But yeah lets go with your theory.

Anything to descredit Game on this site. Especially goin by the first part of your post ;D

Its alright tho, its the internet. This is what people do here on this site.

I guess its alright to be in the game for 15 years and not have a album out and then have cats like u say "who cares about that" (hint hint Crooked I), but now all of a sudden its an issue ;D

I just wanted to ask, do you have man love for Game?

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 12:34:54 PM »
would 50 cent be so well known if eminem wasnt involved? NO.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 12:39:25 PM »
would 50 cent be so well known if eminem wasnt involved? NO.

Eminem had one feature on Get Rich or Die Tryin'. ???

his biggest successes off that album? In Da Club, Wanksta & PIMP; all tracks he did alone.

Game's biggest off the Documentary? How We Do, Hate It or Love It & Westside story; all featuring 50 Cent lol.

but i guess you could say 50 Cent wouldn't be as well known if it wasn't for Dre.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »
Eminem has been a factor in 50 popularity but in the meantime GRODT could have been less successful if they had followed Em decision.
Eminem wanted to go with If I can't as the lead single  :-X

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »
Game is a worldwide star.... Would be still be if 50 cent wasn't involved with his enterance into rap?

No like i stated many times before, if it wasnt for 50 cent and Dre, Game would still be doing mixtapes with Jigga Figga and be lost in sea of average wanna be hard rappers who growl in their songs and think that hip hop is real if you use word motherfucker 10 times in one sentnce. Maybe he would continue his career in Jerry Springer type of shows..who knows.

But i cannot lie and say his albums werent dope, 50 really helped him and  taught how to shape himself into a better rapper.

Yeah especially since 50 himself always says that he only worked with Game for 6-7 days ::)

But yeah lets go with your theory.

Anything to descredit Game on this site. Especially goin by the first part of your post ;D

Its alright tho, its the internet. This is what people do here on this site.

I guess its alright to be in the game for 15 years and not have a album out and then have cats like u say "who cares about that" (hint hint Crooked I), but now all of a sudden its an issue ;D

dude epi was speakin the truth.groupies will always try n discredit the fact..get that nigga dick out ya throat..accept the fact that nigga wouldnve been shit on aftermath..

who the fuck was game before jimmy put em with 50

he wasnt even known when he was fuckin jt ..

i can clearly remember..before 50 or game even started fuckin with each other..

when in da club drop...not 1 person on here was shocked about game being in the video..when it came out game was in the video..yrs later...everybody went back to try and find em...

game was on his way on to bored the same ship as brooklyn joe beast,..stat and a couple other niggas that was on the aftermath roster collectin dust..

if yayo wasnt even locked up around the time game blew.. u wouldnt heard shit..game woulda been out the door..

ion even like 50,..

but i do know 50 done saved alot of rap careers...when other people left rappers out to dry..

game and buck..both careers he saved n put in the spotlight...

im from the south buck wasnt known..even when he was down with juvie nem..we knew bout 50..before we even knew who buck was due  to shit he was doin with master p..juvie n bun before he was with aftermath

u can back to 2003 shit thats on this site..dealin wit 50.. not one somebody was speakin bout game..or anythind deal wit the west coast..

chamillitary hit another nail.. all of the singles done by game from his 1st lp..ft 50..

all because he still wasnt a factor yet..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:50:05 PM by 3rd Coast »

The Watcher

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 03:27:58 PM »
game was about to be dropped before he was put on g-unit
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jaydc

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 06:16:47 PM »
game was about to be dropped before he was put on g-unit

This is the sad truth and game groupies just cant accept it.Without 50 launching games career,game would have been another joe beast.If you cant accept that your a fucking groupie.

As far as would 50 be where he is without dre.He probably wouldnt have been as big but he would still be a platinum artist.His buzz was huge and he did that himself before signing with aftermath.The only reason he got the deal with aftermath and shady is because of how huge his buzz was at the moment.I remember hearing his mixtape songs on the radio with no label pushing him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 07:06:54 PM »
^truth.

but it all goes back to Dre.

i mean i would almost go out on a limb & say that Eminem needed Dre much more than 50 Cent.

no doubt once Dre gave him his chance, Slim took off, but Dre was the one who gave him his chance, or else maybe Em wouldn't be as HUGE of a name as he is.

50 Cent on the other hand, had that Power of A Dollar buzz & was headed down the right lane with or without Dre.

but they both needed Dre to get where they got.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »
Here is another angle also to look at it.

I think post G-Unit, Snoop has helped Game's career alot also.

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »
no one would know him

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 08:14:52 PM »
The answer is Yes. 

The only people that have a hard time accepting this are Games stans.   They don't want to admit this due to the beef 50 and Game share .  Instead they bring up counter arguments like "well 50 wouldn't be known without Em or Dre."  You're right but no one is arguing or denying that.  Stop brining up moot counter arguments and just admit Game blew up commercially due to the help 50 cent provided him.  His career post-50 is a reflection of Game's ability to maintain himself as an artist.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks