Author Topic: 10 Year Anniversary: Dr. Dre - 2001 - Internet/Dubcc/Dubcnn - Drop Your Comments  (Read 2502 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/media/audio/drdre-chronic2001/ - LISTEN TODAY & REMINICSE!

10 Year Anniversary: Dr. Dre - 2001 - By : Rud - November 16, 2009

Sometimes our Forum Members really show how switched on they are when they drop a discussion thread today to mark the 10th anniversay of Dr. Dre's last solo outing "2001" - you read that right today, November 16 2009, is 10 years since "2001" hit shelves worldwide.

For those of you who were online back in 1999 you will remember the incredible hype and suspense around this record. From the leaked RealMedia (rm file) tracks that were circling around to the very low quality, early MP3s the internet was buzzing, perhaps the first time the internet was truly used to support the release of a key Hip-Hop album; albeit on a small scale compared to the online scene today.

In fact it was out of the ashes of the Dre 2001 Forums of that era that The Westcoast Affiliates Forum and subsequently Dubcc was born. You could summise that without the release of Dr. Dre's "2001" and the online community that grew, Dubcnn may not have come into existence as Dubcnn was founded on the back of the group of people that came from the Dre 2001 Forums - that community is now over 20,000 strong and reside at Dubcc.

Of course the album itself has a much bigger legacy. Not only did it spawn countless hits and reunite the westcoast for the next few years - it has mapped much of the musical landscape of the past decade across all genres.

Today we stand to acknowledge an album that sounds as fresh today as it did 10 years ago when it first graced our CD Players. As a reminder we have put the whole album, for listening only, on a tribute page to mark this 10 Year Anniversary.

Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001 (Listen)

If its been some time since you last had this in rotation your about to be transported back in time, dont blame us if you come back down to earth and switch the radio on!

The entire Dubcnn staff want to thank Dr. Dre and the entire team who worked tirelessly on "2001" - now please finish up "Detox" so the next decade can be just as fresh backed by a new soundtrack.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Props to Larabee for also highlighting this > http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=237060

Paul

Things just aint the same for gangstas..........
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lucifuge

i always like it "Fuck you"."Big Ego's","La niggaz","Bang Bang" and "bitch Niggaz" laid back beat kill the shit in me 8) 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fucking aye

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, it's a decent record.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

PLANT

I commented in the other thread aswell, but yea

I remember the day like it was yesterday.  Skipped school to go to the mall and was listening to it by like 1030am....

8)

This album is most definitely a timeless masterpiece.  Ive said many times before, Dre could drop this album tomorrow and it would still sound fresh and make people go  :o  Simply Amazing.  If Detox can sound half as good as the production and features on this record, I will be impressed.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Classic CD

Production is definetely on another level ... and there has not been a better album since ...

Dome

• Muthafuckin' OG
Let us now pause for a moment of silence to reflect on the joys   8)
10 years... damen! feels like it was yesterday!!!

Life is short

LOOOL

Paul

Just listening through this just now and i think i prefer it to the original Chronic  :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

Sikotic™

I can't believe it was actually 10 years ago. That's crazy. I remember bumping that album for the first time when I was in 8th grade.

I still love this album as much as I did when I first got it. It almost single-handedly changed the game.

And I can put 2001 above The Chronic anyday. 2001 is just a superior album sonically.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

andre

I cant say more than this...............................

Things just ain't the same for gangstas.
Times is changing, young niggas is aging.
Becoming OG's in the game and changing,
To make way for these new names and faces, but
The strangest things can happen from rappin, when
Niggas get wrapped up in image and actin,
Niggas get capped up and wrapped in plastic,
Zipped up in bags when it happens, that's it.
I've seen em come; I've watched em go,
Watched em rise, witnessed it and watched em blow.
Watched em all blossom, and suddenly watched em grow.
Watched the lawsuits when they lost the dough.
Best friends and money: I lost them both.
Went, visited niggas in the hospital.
It's all the same shit all across the globe.
I just sit back and watch the show. (The watcher)

hell yeah it's the d.r.e. !!!! once a week i bump this album in the car and i must agree that it's timeless. This shit sounds fresh!hehe

Okka

Like i already said in the other topic, "2001" is one of the greatest albums ever.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props for this thread Rud. I actually didn't know that this album played a key role in the unification of many forums to become DUBCC. that's crazy !!

Man i can still remember when this album dropped, i was pretty young and my brother was outside the house with his friends who had gotten two 15 inch Kickers installled in the trunk of his bimmer just for this, then they copped the album and came back home and where playing it all day long until midnight...it was a crazy ass block party and i'll never forget the chills i had When i heard Still D.R.E, forgot about Dre, The Next Episode and What's the difference.

8)

Dre, Detox baby, we need it !!!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Props for this thread Rud. I actually didn't know that this album played a key role in the unification of many forums to become DUBCC. that's crazy !!

Yup as i was writing that, it made me think how instrumental the album was in Dubcc and then Dubcnn even existing.