Author Topic: 10 Year Anniversary: Dr. Dre - 2001 - Internet/Dubcc/Dubcnn - Drop Your Comments  (Read 2501 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
2 tracks that I was HYPED about before listening to the album

Fuck You- The 1st song I had seen with Snoop on it. That was after the split from Death Row for both Snoop and Dre and for me the 1st time hearing them back together other than Still D.R.E. When Devin finished his verse and Snoop came right in after that= classic.

XXXPlosive- 1st Kurupt song with Dre since the split that I heard. I was like oh man Kurupt is gonna murder this track. Well we all know the rest. I remember being highly disappointed in that track for a while. That was the 1st track I played when I opened the case. It has grown on me a little bit over time. Nate killed the hook.

Next Episode as a honorable mention. That song will still get a club buck when it comes on. Quickly became one of my favorite Dre/Snoop songs.

Okka

Fuck You- The 1st song I had seen with Snoop on it. That was after the split from Death Row for both Snoop and Dre and for me the 1st time hearing them back together other than Still D.R.E. When Devin finished his verse and Snoop came right in after that= classic.

Was the original version of "Zoom" recorded while they was still both on Death Row?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Still fresh as fuck! Still D.R.E is one of the biggest records ever, people 50 years old have that shit today as their ringtone on mobile phone.

Album is A class! Classic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

wardy

The Album still sounds so crisp to the day, i was 13 when this was released and i remember the buzz at school when this was released everyone was talkin about it, ive only ever seen a buzz like that since and that was when Marshall Mathers Lp dropped and imo it only had the buzz because of this album had everyone wantin more eminem and dre etc

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

Was the original version of "Zoom" recorded while they was still both on Death Row?

Probably was but back then you would not hear a song until the album dropped. The 1st time I heard Zoom was the version with LL Cool J on it. Unless a DJ leaked a track on the radio or something or you bought a bootleg from somewhere. So back when this dropped, that was the 1st official song I seen with Dre and Snoop other than Still D.R.E.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
the mixing is crazy

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Not only is it 2001's 10th Anniversary, but Kurupt's classic album Streetz iz a Mutha dropped the same day.  So it's the anniversary of 2 classic westcoast albums.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
"What's the difference between me and you?"....

Classic Album  8)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
reading everyone reminisce has been an experience in itself, the skits w/ D.O.C. & Snoop clownin' never gets old!  8)
I really would have liked to seen a proper Hittman - Murda Weapon release, it's a shame!  :'(
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

JulesWinfield

• Lil Geezy
Not only is it 2001's 10th Anniversary, but Kurupt's classic album Streetz iz a Mutha dropped the same day.  So it's the anniversary of 2 classic westcoast albums.

I knew I wasn't the only one who bought both of these that day.  Where's all the Streetz Iz A Mutha love?  Both are classics.

double_a

• 'G'
just bought this yesterday second time since buying it the day it came out
didnt realize its been that long

kuruptDPG

the album sold 6 million i think,just for those who want to know, great album. so manu good guest artists too, i just hope detox can do the same or do better but i dont think detox can be better than 2001

cheers for reminding us

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

I knew I wasn't the only one who bought both of these that day.  Where's all the Streetz Iz A Mutha love?  Both are classics.

May be, but "Streetz..." was nowhere near making the impact on the game "2001" made, plus this is a "2001" thread. I'm sure "Streetz Iz A Mutha" will get love in an own thread.

kemizt

Muhfukka

still dre, forgot about dre, and ackrite got old to me a long time ago. everything else is still classic, besides that murderer song that i didnt like the day the cd came out

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
EXPLOSIVE!!!!!!!

classic.