Author Topic: 10 Year Anniversary: Dr. Dre - 2001 - Internet/Dubcc/Dubcnn - Drop Your Comments  (Read 2503 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Not only is it 2001's 10th Anniversary, but Kurupt's classic album Streetz iz a Mutha dropped the same day.  So it's the anniversary of 2 classic westcoast albums.

I knew I wasn't the only one who bought both of these that day.  Where's all the Streetz Iz A Mutha love?  Both are classics.

May be, but "Streetz..." was nowhere near making the impact on the game "2001" made, plus this is a "2001" thread. I'm sure "Streetz Iz A Mutha" will get love in an own thread.

Yep, LOL

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=237091.0

Paul

Not only is it 2001's 10th Anniversary, but Kurupt's classic album Streetz iz a Mutha dropped the same day.  So it's the anniversary of 2 classic westcoast albums.

I knew I wasn't the only one who bought both of these that day.  Where's all the Streetz Iz A Mutha love?  Both are classics.

May be, but "Streetz..." was nowhere near making the impact on the game "2001" made, plus this is a "2001" thread. I'm sure "Streetz Iz A Mutha" will get love in an own thread.

Yep, LOL

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=237091.0

+1 for the sig  ;)
funkyfreshintheflesh

The Predator

Okka

the album sold 6 million i think,just for those who want to know, great album.

I think it sold almost 8 million copies, not sure though.

EDIT: Here's what i found from Wikipedia:

The album has sold 7.23 million copies in the United States up to July 2008 and was certified six times Platinum by the RIAA on November 21, 2000.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:49:05 PM by Okka »

sofdark

You know your album has classics when the radio station makes homemade edited versions of Fuck You to play on the radio. LMAO.

damn right man

sofdark

reading everyone reminisce has been an experience in itself, the skits w/ D.O.C. & Snoop clownin' never gets old!  8)
I really would have liked to seen a proper Hittman - Murda Weapon release, it's a shame!  :'(

Hittman will never release shit ever. Guy's laziness amazes me.

ToOoOoN!!!

10 years already daaaaaaaaaaaamn i'm getting old, i remember listening to that cd on repeat while smoking weed.i rather listen to this cd than 70% of the shit thats out there classic cd to the fullest

Hendo

• 'G'
 8)

i dont think this album will ever get played out.

Okka

Have you heard "Big Hitt Rising", that shit was tight.

sofdark

Have you heard "Big Hitt Rising", that shit was tight.

heard it, and how long did it take for him to release that? and where he is now? shits just ridiculous.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuckin crazy album. Incredible beats, incredible rhymes, incredible concepts. Dre proved all the haters and doubters that hes the greatest producer of all time. o yeah, incredible features too. 8)

G-Funk

As a matter of fact, I was listening to 2001 a couple days ago. Fresh sounding West Coast beats at the time with some G-funk influence on some songs (with that signature synthesizer) like on "Light Speed", "What's the Difference", "Some L.A. Niggaz", and "Housewife".

Some of the skits weren't necessary in my opinion, and like I've said before:
Hittman doesn't stand-out. He sounds as if Dre was walking through the streets one day and said, "Hey, you wanna rap?"
He's plain as fuck.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
if some1 would come out with that album today, it would still be classic and groundbreaking and that says alot

acgrundy

Amazing, classic album.  Like many have said here: It was way ahead of its time, and still sounds totally fresh today...and that is after listening to it hundreds of times...some songs probably 1000+ times.  Definitely no album has topped it since its release, and I personally don't think Dre can top it w/ Detox.

Blood$

maybe my favorite album ever... I bought it back in 2001 and it was one of my first CD's I ever copped when I first started getting into rap  8)