Author Topic: 10 Year Anniversary: Dr. Dre - 2001 - Internet/Dubcc/Dubcnn - Drop Your Comments  (Read 2498 times)

JACK

• Lil Geezy
I cant believe its been dat long. Both tha album and tha instrumentals get mad plays from me.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Props for all the people commenting, good to see a deep thread with POSITIVE chat!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I can't believe it was actually 10 years ago. That's crazy. I remember bumping that album for the first time when I was in 8th grade.

I still love this album as much as I did when I first got it. It almost single-handedly changed the game.

And I can put 2001 above The Chronic anyday. 2001 is just a superior album sonically.
1st chronic knocks this out the park...good lp.couple fillers(bang bang,murdera,the song for his brotha)where all fillers..but dope album.

KURUPTION-81

A classic album, without any shadow of a doubt !

I remember picking this up and tha streetz and both became and still are some of my favourite albums. If 2001 was released today, it would still sound ahead of its time.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Jome

Good article Rud, and good replies.. reminiscing down memory-lane is always fun.. though it doesn't feel like 10 years ago.

Okka

How come people don't like "Murder Ink", that track was tight as fuck. I always wished Dre had a verse on it.

Paul

How come people don't like "Murder Ink", that track was tight as fuck. I always wished Dre had a verse on it.

I think you answered your own question there  ;)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Triple OG Rapsodie

The song was weak, plus it uses a famous movie score.

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
10 years,shit....i would love to know how many times i played this album.
I remember first hearing it at a friends house with his couple thousand dollar set up, god damn did we crank that up and listened to 2001 for days.
Im gonna throw on Xxplosive right now i think

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Paul

The song was weak, plus it uses a famous movie score.

True, but i would have liked it alot more if Dre had a verse
funkyfreshintheflesh

Okka

Does anybody know what's up with Ms. Roq? She had some tight verses. Was she ever featured on any music videos? I don't know what she looks like.

wballz187

• Muthafuckin' OG
i remember i ditched school to go pick this cd up...
you couldn't drop dope shit with rocks in your culoo-crooked i

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Shit Good Memories.. This album sounds was the trend for like 10 years.. and we cant still get over it.

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Man....10 years and that shit is just still FIRE...I'm with those of you who love Murder Ink...Ms. Roc spit some shit on that sinister beat...I even still sometimes bang the instrumental CD cause the production is so tight, it's kinda like listening to hip hop jazz.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
the album is classic but to be honest the album does have fillers

I'd personally cut 3-5 tracks
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....