Author Topic: 1 in 3 say Bush is biggest threat  (Read 773 times)

Don Seer

1 in 3 say Bush is biggest threat
« on: November 17, 2002, 02:19:25 PM »
1 in 3 say Bush is biggest threat
Patrick Wintour and Ewen MacAskill

President George Bush is seen by a third of Britons as a bigger threat to world safety than Saddam Hussein, according to a new poll conducted by a senior US Republican and due to be broadcast today. But most of those questioned by the polling organisation You.Gov say they remain open minded, and ready to be convinced about the justification for an attack on Iraq. The weighted poll of 3,200 people throughout the country was conducted for Channel 4 by Robert Lunz, a senior Republican strategist, based on the You.Gov sample.

Similar polling has been undertaken by Downing Street as it contemplates how to sell a war on Iraq.

The Channel 4 poll found that a third of the British public have no trust at all in Mr Bush, and many actually fear him. In a straight choice between Mr Bush and President Saddam as to who poses the greater threat to world peace, 32% said Mr Bush and 49% said President Saddam. Almost half see Mr Blair as Mr Bush's lapdog, with the figure even higher among the under-30s.

Almost two-thirds of people said the only reason the US has targeted President Saddam is because he threatens US control of the Middle East - only a quarter feel it is because the Iraqi leader is a threat to world peace. Blame for British casualties in a war with Iraq will be placed with Mr Blair himself, according to 21% of those polled.

Commenting on his findings, Mr Lunz said: "I would suggest that [Mr Blair] ring up the broadcast media and say, 'Keep President Bush, keep Dick Cheney, keep all Americans with these American accents off television', because it's not helping his case."

CWalker187

Re:1 in 3 say Bush is biggest threat
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 03:22:51 PM »
That 1/3 was probably all Muslims.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 03:24:25 PM by CWalker187 »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 03:59:34 PM »
or intelligent people perhaps??

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

verbalassaulta

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2002, 07:31:11 PM »
we need rid of bush...he's too power hungry...and i do agree that he's a threat to us and the rest of the world....

CWalker187

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2002, 08:10:06 PM »
George W. Bush is the greatest American president since Ronald Reagan. He will go down in the history books as a hero, having valiantly led this nation in one of its darkest times.

VIVA LA BUSH!!!!!!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 12:01:22 AM »
Well; since there's nothing britian can do about George Bush being president of a foriegn country, maybe they're wasting their time with the poll, LOL.  

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2002, 12:25:30 AM »
Or maybe we see him as a possible threat to our security in the future so we must have a pre eminent strike before he can threaten us and the world with his "weapons of mass destruction" Then we can topple his illigitimate leadership and free the people of the USA, and give them a president who will buy our steel, i mean make the world a safer place.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2002, 01:32:40 AM »
That 1/3 was probably all Muslims.

Whats your fuckin problem kid?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2002, 02:25:47 AM »
i really think cwalker should be banned...

banned for being a racist and insulting islam all the time for no reason... no harm in glorifying the religion you love (like trauma for exampe, he's one of the most respectable christian on this board), but dragin down another religion the way you do is wrong

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2002, 02:29:38 AM »
Its being considered, along with several others.  ;)

Waiting for word back from my H.O.M. insider.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2002, 10:54:12 AM »
^ shit!

yo Infinite we have a rat in our midst!
I wonder who it is....(cuz ya know damn well, either me or infinite is being targeted by Uncle Seer lol)

*loads Mack 10*

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2002, 10:58:05 AM »
LOL... it could be one of you two who is the rat.. it is a mod after all (notice infinite is a mod again) :o
« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 11:00:45 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2002, 11:00:45 AM »
I think we oughta ban Trauma, lord knows all he does in the Hall of Mirrors is downplay differences, make positive comments, and stick up for the underdog in one sided arguments... and we all know that's not fitting with the vibe of the HOM, he should be banned for being backwards.  

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2002, 11:02:28 AM »
yeah fuck trauma.. ohh.. hehe  8)

:P

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2002, 02:20:51 PM »
I think we oughta ban Trauma, lord knows all he does in the Hall of Mirrors is downplay differences, make positive comments, and stick up for the underdog in one sided arguments... and we all know that's not fitting with the vibe of the HOM, he should be banned for being backwards.  

my post gave you props.. it wasnt a diss...

i ws only negative concerning cwalker