Author Topic: Rakim-The_Seventh_Seal-2009 > DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS  (Read 1723 times)

westsiderider323

Re: Rakim-The_Seventh_Seal-2009 > DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2009, 11:58:27 AM »
is it worth at least downloadin?

sav

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »
Very, very good album to me.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »
Listen people....Rakim is in his 40's and still doing it. What did ya'll expect? All i'm reading is the BS about production but Rakims lyrics has always been the main attraction. Over the last decade or so production has taken a front seat but rhymes has always been HIP HOP. Where was the production in the park...where it all started. Thats where Ra comes from. The album is totally left from what is out there....and thats a good thing. Stop fucusing on the beats...and they are not bad by the way.....and focus on the content. His flow is STILL tight and is content is revolutionary...again. Who else is rapping like this? Who else is talking about rebuilding rap? Who else is using words instead of cursing all the time? Who else is stayn true instead of fronting like they a real gangsta. I havent heard one Nigga, Bitch, ho, dick, pussy...on this album but yall say its garbage, this man is what HIP HOP should be and his trying to show you that, dont be so shallow!!!!!!. Rakim is the truest Left. Appreciate the talent and stop comparing him to the current rappers. See, thats why lil Wayne can sell so many records, cuz you people love his beats not his lyrically ability, his content. Now would you rather have lil Wayne, Guccie Mane and all those cats or Rakim. Lets grow up people....Rakim did!  LISTEN to the WORDS that are coming out of his mouth.

nice rant, but music is about music. they could be the flyest rhymes I'll never hear if the beats are wack. that goes everyone.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »
is it worth at least downloadin?
does the bear shit in the woods?

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2009, 01:28:16 PM »

Suprise suprise

a rapper from the fuckin 80s aint dope in 2009

but of course white dudes think they HAVE TO think everything this dude drops is gold cuz it'll make them seem more hip-hop knowledgeble

here it comes

"rakim >>> (*insert something* ie better than 99% today, rakim >> yo fav rapper, this album is better than most shit today etc) ;D

You are just a hater in every sense of the word. If someone hates Game, you hate them. If Game hates one person's camp, you hate them. Someone doesn't accept your fucking opinion, you hate.

After a few spins, I am still loving this album. Rakim at his worst is better than most at their best.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2009, 01:31:32 PM »
i heard the preview on Amazon.com and it's not that bad, actually i like a few of the tracks (especially the production).  but Ra's voice and flow ain't gold no more, everybody has to take a back seat someday.  if this was my close out album i'd be satisfied.  i know i went on a rant earlier (and still feel 100% on that) but it's worth a listen.  He probably should've cut it shorter tho *7-10 tracks*, i cant imagine any1 playing this album front 2 back without wanting to hit that skip button on a couple of tracks.  maybe him, krs1, and heavy d should do an album with marley marl beats and whoever was on this album.  i wouldn't give it the time of day but im sure some ppl will.

The Stans need to chill bcuz this album aint that serious... just b real

thisoneguy360

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »
It's a dope album. Yeah it could have been better but a dope album nonetheless.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »
Listen people....Rakim is in his 40's and still doing it. What did ya'll expect? All i'm reading is the BS about production but Rakims lyrics has always been the main attraction. Over the last decade or so production has taken a front seat but rhymes has always been HIP HOP. Where was the production in the park...where it all started. Thats where Ra comes from. The album is totally left from what is out there....and thats a good thing. Stop fucusing on the beats...and they are not bad by the way.....and focus on the content. His flow is STILL tight and is content is revolutionary...again. Who else is rapping like this? Who else is talking about rebuilding rap? Who else is using words instead of cursing all the time? Who else is stayn true instead of fronting like they a real gangsta. I havent heard one Nigga, Bitch, ho, dick, pussy...on this album but yall say its garbage, this man is what HIP HOP should be and his trying to show you that, dont be so shallow!!!!!!. Rakim is the truest Left. Appreciate the talent and stop comparing him to the current rappers. See, thats why lil Wayne can sell so many records, cuz you people love his beats not his lyrically ability, his content. Now would you rather have lil Wayne, Guccie Mane and all those cats or Rakim. Lets grow up people....Rakim did!  LISTEN to the WORDS that are coming out of his mouth.

If lyrics are all that matter then why are you listening to rappers instead of spoken word artists?

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2009, 06:25:01 AM »

Suprise suprise

a rapper from the fuckin 80s aint dope in 2009

but of course white dudes think they HAVE TO think everything this dude drops is gold cuz it'll make them seem more hip-hop knowledgeble

here it comes

"rakim >>> (*insert something* ie better than 99% today, rakim >> yo fav rapper, this album is better than most shit today etc) ;D

You are just a hater in every sense of the word. If someone hates Game, you hate them. If Game hates one person's camp, you hate them. Someone doesn't accept your fucking opinion, you hate.

After a few spins, I am still loving this album. Rakim at his worst is better than most at their best.

LMAO how would u know that?

when Game went at G-Unit i still liked Banks and Buck

when he went at Yukmouth i still liked Yukmouth

i still liked Dresta (until i heard he fucked lil girls)

so ur just a confused lil child...run away lil boy...

rakim

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »

If lyrics are all that matter then why are you listening to rappers instead of spoken word artists?

Not what I said....my point is that beats are definately a big part of hip hop and album popularity but over the last decade they have become more important than the lyrics. If you don't have certain producers nowadays your album is considered wack. No one listens to content anymore....case in point...the Seventh Seal has more content, substance and rhymes skills than anything thats been out for the last 10 years but all people are saying is the producers are weak. The Seventh Seal has minimal collabos and no big name producers....name any other rapper that can get away with that today. Rakim has proven at 40 plus that rhyme skills stand the test of time...beats get played out after so long but content and the message lives on. Thats why is made this album. Dont we have enough bs to listen to?

Rakim puts the ART in artist...because of the creativity behind mic. His beats are not mind blowing but the lyrics are, and i'll take that over a lil wayne produced by Dre album any day. But hey,  im just a listener man....what are u?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2009, 09:18:05 AM »
Holy Are You
Documentary Of  A Gangsta
Wont Be Long

tracks that im feelin after first listen

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2009, 02:30:05 PM »
I'm a big fan of Rakim and waited patiently for the album for years. And honestly after one listen it doesn't jump out at me like the 18th letter did 12 years ago,

chill

http://www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <-----My Hiphop/Funk-Rock band, check us out ;)
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
Oh shittt!! :o Gott to check this!

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2009, 04:27:27 AM »
after one listen it doesn't jump out at me like the 18th letter did 12 years ago,

pretty much. hopefully its a slow-burner  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2009, 08:13:44 AM »
better than I expected. Nice fresh production, rakim was cool too. only listened it once tho, im gonna keep it in rotation for sure.