Author Topic: Rakim-The_Seventh_Seal-2009 > DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS  (Read 1718 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Rakim-The_Seventh_Seal-2009 > DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2009, 01:18:34 AM »
I really liked the album. For the people who didn't, have you ever been Rakim fans to begin with? I thought production was solid and he still brought it lyrically. Only thing that caught me off-guard was that No Doubt sample on the last track.

LONDON!!

Re: Rakim-The_Seventh_Seal-2009
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2009, 05:29:42 AM »
who wants the pm?

this would be appreciated fam
"get this money by any means nessassary"

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »
I really liked the album. For the people who didn't, have you ever been Rakim fans to begin with? I thought production was solid and he still brought it lyrically. Only thing that caught me off-guard was that No Doubt sample on the last track.

I didn't even know that was a No Doubt sample.  To be honest, it sounds like a fly soul sample to me.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2009, 12:00:09 AM »
sigh....

I'm not happy with this album.

midwestryder

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »
I'm sorry but this album is garbage.  The production is not even mixtape quality and Rakim's nursery rhyme flow just sounds so wack now, because you really focus on how wack the lyrics are
please rakim still spits better then snoop or anybody from long beach. this album is better then anything lbc has put out in last 10 years

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2009, 02:37:43 PM »
Good solid album. Rakim proves lyrically that he still is the GOAT.  8)

Blood$

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2009, 10:26:04 PM »
I been getting into this album this past week but finally listened to it all the way through at work today... pretty dope album, this is my first Rakim solo album I've heard

best tracks IMO: "Walk These Streets", "Documentary of A Gangsta", "Won't Be Long", "You & I", and "Holy Are You" =  :o,

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2009, 06:46:51 AM »
I been getting into this album this past week but finally listened to it all the way through at work today... pretty dope album, this is my first Rakim solo album I've heard

best tracks IMO: "Walk These Streets", "Documentary of A Gangsta", "Won't Be Long", "You & I", and "Holy Are You" =  :o,

Ah man... I highly recommend you pick up his other 2 solo albums. "The 18th Letter" is pure dopeness (and you'll further see why decades of fans have called him the "God MC"). "The Master" wasn't as good but it had a few bangers, including the DJ Premier produced "When I Be On The Mic"  :o one of my favourite Rakim songs!

And if you get blown away by his lyricism after a few listens (believe me it takes more than one listen to get everything he says) I would cop the joints he did with Eric B. back in the day and really see how he inspired SO many MCs today (most of which are concidered "greats" or "legends" now)  8)

Man I envy you "How High"... you have a chance to listen to so much classic Hip Hop from a legendary MC for the first time... I wish I could start over again, haha. And +1 for sharing that this is your first album hearing from Ra... most kids these days claim to have heard all the classics, any and everything when in reality they've only heard Eminem, 2Pac, Kanye, 50 or Lil' Wayne  ::)

CHUUCH
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:48:56 AM by Rebel »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2009, 08:40:45 AM »
Working for you is dope.  I like how they flipped the sample.  It's from William Bell's Forgot To Be Your Lover.  Dre sampled the piano from the same song for Grow Up.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Blood$

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2009, 10:19:30 AM »

best tracks IMO: "Walk These Streets", "Documentary of A Gangsta", "Won't Be Long", "You & I", and "Holy Are You" =  :o,

Ah man... I highly recommend you pick up his other 2 solo albums. "The 18th Letter" is pure dopeness (and you'll further see why decades of fans have called him the "God MC"). "The Master" wasn't as good but it had a few bangers, including the DJ Premier produced "When I Be On The Mic"  :o one of my favourite Rakim songs!

And if you get blown away by his lyricism after a few listens (believe me it takes more than one listen to get everything he says) I would cop the joints he did with Eric B. back in the day and really see how he inspired SO many MCs today (most of which are concidered "greats" or "legends" now)  8)

Man I envy you "How High"... you have a chance to listen to so much classic Hip Hop from a legendary MC for the first time... I wish I could start over again, haha. And +1 for sharing that this is your first album hearing from Ra... most kids these days claim to have heard all the classics, any and everything when in reality they've only heard Eminem, 2Pac, Kanye, 50 or Lil' Wayne  ::)

CHUUCH

I had Paid In Full a few years back and was bumpin' that for awhile, haven't heard it in a minute though

yeah don't get me wrong I listen to a shitload of a music and have a wide range in taste, but there is a few artists here and there I never peeped their full discography, Rakim being one of them... but I'm gonna peep those albums, +1  8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2009, 10:26:39 AM »
yeah this was a let down if not a big let down
was expectin this to be the best album over the decade from the best rapper alive
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »
For those who want more Rakim tracks:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=73088.0

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2009, 07:24:17 PM »
very very solid album! i got it the day it was released, a week later im still bumpin it, even harder this week than last. For all the people that arnt feelin it, are you listening to the words? At a first listen it was drowned out by this Tracey Horton guy on so many tracks, but theres actually a couple hes good on.  i think a majority of the album is good, i can bump it straight through. heres my favorite tracks:

Walk These Streets
Wont Be Long: kind of an inspiring song, he spits the truth. its about his struggle in the game and then other common struggles today
                                                                         "with these days of recession, we aint safe yet
                                                                           pray, a paycheck away from the great depression,
                                                                           major stressin, but we wait for blessins,
                                                                           long as the federal reserve still paper pressin"  
Holy Are You
Satisfaction Guaranteed: comparing music to drugs, calling it a drug. Its my drug of choice so i really enjoy this song.
                                                                        "go on tour its like im trafficin drugs
                                                                         who want musical narcotics, the R got it
                                                                         bomb product cuz yall profit when yall cop it"
Working For You: good song for the ladies, not putting em down or trying to be sexy, just a man
Message In The Song
Put It All To Music: very cool song about music, how important it is, what we do to it
                                                                        "what ever your personal prefence is,
                                                                          Ra be rollin ghetto music
                                                                          the personal therapist, music is theraputic
                                                                          sit back in a chair and vibe out, or just relax and
                                                                          clear your mind out, and the beat'll make you put it in gear and ride out"
Still In Love: in love with hip hop "if musics like women im whipped like a nymph"

anyway don't be fooled by the track titles and corny reviews by others ::) , check this shit out
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:57:57 AM by LAZY »