Author Topic: [Audio] Joe Budden - Russian Roulette  (Read 582 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: [Audio] Joe Budden - Russian Roulette
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
Yeah, fif's recent single aren't catching but he gets my proprs.  BISD is cohesive in sound and content; it's got a raw sound for a mainstream release.  I'm kid of surprised Interscope was down with it.  I'm more interested in seeing his future plans. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 08:38:14 PM »
Yeah, fif's recent single aren't catching but he gets my proprs.  BISD is cohesive in sound and content; it's got a raw sound for a mainstream release.  I'm kid of surprised Interscope was down with it.  I'm more interested in seeing his future plans. 

the "supposed" plan is that he drops the Greatest Hits (mostly GRODT with a few selections off the other 3 albums lol) & then "that's it".

but i see him taking some time off, maybe actually working with some other artists, keeping his name out there & then come back & eventually make another album.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 08:38:42 PM »
It'd be so weird to see Slaughterhouse sign with Shady/Aftermath or Joe Budden start fucking with Eminem due to the issues between Budden and 50.  It's a shame too because I think 50 could give Budden a pointer or two on strong construction for a hit single.  

That's where Eminem comes into play. Joe's style is closer to Em's than 50's, imo. Matter of factly, Slaughter House as a whole could learn a thing or two from Eminem in the songwriting department.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »
Yeah, fif's recent single aren't catching but he gets my proprs.  BISD is cohesive in sound and content; it's got a raw sound for a mainstream release.  I'm kid of surprised Interscope was down with it.  I'm more interested in seeing his future plans.  

Really?  I can't believe he'll be done with music.  I can definitely see him taking his time to release albums every 3-4 years or so.  He seems pretty dedicated to becoming a decent actor and a better businessman.
the "supposed" plan is that he drops the Greatest Hits (mostly GRODT with a few selections off the other 3 albums lol) & then "that's it".

but i see him taking some time off, maybe actually working with some other artists, keeping his name out there & then come back & eventually make another album.

Really?  I can't believe he'll be done with music.  I can definitely see him taking his time to release albums every 3-4 years or so.  He seems pretty dedicated to becoming a decent actor and a better businessman.

edit:
if it's his last release, it'll be a good album to go out on though i wish he had some kind of conclusion track similar to classic.

also, Em could mos def help the slaughter shape their sound
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:47:33 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 09:05:15 PM »
^i remember Eminem made two songs for his Greatest Hits album; i'm sure Em & Dre will push 50 into that direction.

i want 50 to make a track about his career, hopefully we'll get it on his Greatest Hits.

but i would personally be SHOCKED if Before I Self Destruct is his final album; maybe some years down the road we'll get another.

but it's not like 50 needs rap for money, he's been really successful with what he's done outside of rap.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 09:49:10 PM »
You know what I mean.  I'm a fan of both.   I just think Budden's song construction could be tightened up a bit. 

no, i agree.

i was joking about the Game thing; but also, it seems 50 is having trouble himself making a hit single these days.

but it would be a cool experiment to see what they came up with.

With Joe, it's basically song production/hooks.   Lots of 50's better songs were him doing the hook.  It sells the artist alot better.  And for production, if Joe had the resources of Aftermath staff/studios, his verse are so much better than anything 50 ever made; it would turn out dope.

If they sign you know they are getting the equipment and engineers, they already know how to lay down fire verses.  Just need a lil help on the hooks and they can "bring Hip-Hop back" for the second time.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
wrote this last night  8)

actually, he must have.

the thing he said about calling him an asshole in the opening bars was refering to the thing with G Malone & Joell on BlogTV.

Joe is MVP of 2009. 8)
give that title to Joell
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
Co-sign that Em and Fif could do good things for Slaughterhouse. Both are masters at song construction, and Dre likely helped them to develop that way, so the 3 headed beast plus the 4 headed monster, theres nothing but fire that can come out of that relationship

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 03:55:22 PM »

actually, he must have.

the thing he said about calling him an asshole in the opening bars was refering to the thing with G Malone & Joell on BlogTV.

Joe is MVP of 2009. 8)
give that title to Joell

i'll give him MVP of the Slaughterhouse album.

but Budden has two modern day classics, to me anyway & was a part of the dope Slaughterhouse album.

technically 3 albums this year & all three were amazing, to me.

hence, Joey gets the award. 8)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 08:22:09 PM »

actually, he must have.

Joe is MVP of 2009. 8)
give that title to Joell

i'll give him MVP of the Slaughterhouse album.

but Budden has two modern day classics, to me anyway & was a part of the dope Slaughterhouse album.

technically 3 albums this year & all three were amazing, to me.

hence, Joey gets the award. 8)

bez

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 05:34:14 AM »
Sick tune. Beat is really ill.

JohnnyL

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 05:57:06 AM »
+1 for uppin' the track, pootypooty.