Author Topic: 50 Cent sells 157k in 1st week  (Read 3857 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent sells 157k in 1st week
« on: November 18, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news07840m01

MAYER MAJOR AS Q4 BATTLE BEGINS IN EARNEST    
Columbia Star in Lead with Norah, Casting Crowns, 50 Cent, Bocelli Up Next

November 18, 2009

Who says John Mayer can’t get stoned and have a #1 album on next Tuesday’s HITS Top 50 Album sales chart?

Not us.

The fourth quarter sprint to the end of the first decade of the 21st century (and what a decade it was) begins in earnest this week and, for battered music retailers, it couldn’t come a moment to soon.

Columbia’s singer/songwriter, full-time Tweeter and tabloid lothario will bow on top next week as his Battle Studies rustles up 275-300k in sales, almost twice as much as his nearest pursuer, according to one-day reports from those hearty few still selling shiny, round discs in their stores instead of flat screen TVs.

Blue Note chanteuse Norah Jones’ The Fall is the next-highest debut at 150-160k, putting her in a four-way logjam with Aftermath/Interscope rapper 50 Cent’s Before I Self-Destruct (whoops, too late), also in its first week, Provident/Reunion Christian act Casting Crowns and Decca’s Andrea Bocelli, all in the 140-150k range.

Island/IDJ teen phenom Justin Bieber appears to be poised to debut in the 110-120k neighborhood, a pleasant surprise which L.A. Reid and company have to be delighted with.

19/Jive/JLG American Idol winner Kris Allen’s debut should be between 75-80k, which will make for an interesting comparison when runner-up Adam Lambert’s album drops on Nov. 23.

DGC/Interscope rock gods Them Crooked Vultures, featuring Queens of the Stone Age’s Josh Homme, Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl and Led Zep’s John Paul Jones, are on target for a total of 70-75k for their bracing, neo-psychedelic blooze-metal mash-up.

J/RMG X Factor winner Leona Lewis’ sophomore album, Echo, should do between 60-65k.

Paul McCartney’s Hear Music/Concord live DVD/CD, Good Evening New York City, is in the 50-55k area, while Interscope act OneRepublic’s Waking Up will arise with 40-45k and Janet Jackson’s A&M greatest hits album looks on track for 35-40k.

The market was up 3% vs. last week, down 21% vs. same week last year and still down 13% year to date. Is it 2010 yet?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:44:05 PM by pootypooty »

Liqq2ThaFonk

Re: 50 Cent projected to sell between 140-160k in 1st week
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »

Excuse nr 1:

"Interscope didnt do enough promoting", just like before.

MediumL

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:51:52 PM »
Wale sold 28k  :-X
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:55:12 PM »
Wale sold 28k  :-X

ive NEVER in my life seen a dude who aint even got a fanbase like that, bein pushed down our throat so much!!!

that dude is EVERWHERE..and dude aint even more talked about than Nipsey Hussle...wtf..

dude got a strong team pushing him thats 4 sure

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »

ive NEVER in my life seen a dude who aint even got a fanbase like that, bein pushed down our throat so much!!!

that dude is EVERWHERE..and dude aint even more talked about than Nipsey Hussle...wtf..

dude got a strong team pushing him thats 4 sure

that's bcuz Wale is an alternative-hip hop artist.  people from all sides of the isle just dont cling to him like they would of a 50 cent or a Maino.  u ask me, DC should've pushed Tabi Bonney harder than Wale.  Wale is cool but it ain't like niggaz ridin' around playin' Wale (besides Pretty Girls w/Gucci).  DC needs a gangsta rapper (so to say) with some GoGo influence on the instrumentals, then niggaz can get behind him all the way.  I like Wale alot and I support the nigga bcuz he from the DMV, but there's no pain when you hear Wale, only crying and intelligent introspect on shit.  bottom line is dude just does too much to be a lil' more classier than the next artist, it'd be cool if he was thuggin' and comin' wit some hard ass beats... i guess that's what we're waiting for from BMore, now when u hear the underground Baltimore scene then you'll see what real hip hop is... believe dat.  but cheers for Wale, he shouldn't be kicked outta the limelight for this, put him on some hosting shit for promo on the tv/radio and build up his career that way.  it aint ovr yet.

Wale >>> Talib, Consequence (since they're in that category)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:06:03 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

jeanmiche777

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
Wale >>> Talib (since they're in that category)

Man, I'll never understand how you listen to music.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
So is this just from the itunes sales or all up? That's realll bad if true

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »

lol... i never liked Talib, his shit always sounded gay to me.  That BlackStar album was tainted by him and i'd rather listen to an album of his instrumentals... he should just do spoken word over tight beats, his flow is  :P

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 01:15:52 PM »

he def is. not many people outside of cali know who nipsey is. wale's mixtape game and alliances helped him get word of mouth... they waited too long to put out the album tho

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »

he def is. not many people outside of cali know who nipsey is. wale's mixtape game and alliances helped him get word of mouth... they waited too long to put out the album tho

naw, everybody know who Nipsey is, and if they don't now they won't have a hard time remembering who he is once he's out there.  Nipsey is too sick and he's just right for an MC/Rapper.  alotta ppl fuck wit Nipsey, i just hope he doesn't drown himself in the WestCoast way of music (the same choruses and beats and the same exact subject matter and cliche' everything).  The West and Hip Hop could use a breath of fresh air when it comes to music.  BAGNN3 was pretty fresh for what he was tryna put out there.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:40:14 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Invincible

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »

lol... i never liked Talib, his shit always sounded gay to me.  That BlackStar album was tainted by him and i'd rather listen to an album of his instrumentals... he should just do spoken word over tight beats, his flow is  :P

Talib's flow is great. Next you'll tell me Train Of Thought is a wack album.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 01:48:43 PM »

i wont tell u shit but suck my dick.  stop tryna bring u n2 everything, ur not a baby anymore grow up

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »

i think i am the only person in  New York who knows about Nipsey & i wouldn't if it wasn't for this board.

he's a cali guy, stictly.

lol... i never liked Talib, his shit always sounded gay to me.  That BlackStar album was tainted by him and i'd rather listen to an album of his instrumentals... he should just do spoken word over tight beats, his flow is  :P

stop tryna bring u n2 everything, ur not a baby anymore grow up

well, that's ironic. :laugh:

anyway, about 50; Baby By Me was his worst single out of his four albums.

but i give him credit for not going all out with bitch shit, having a billion features, etc, to sell.

but like it's been KNOWN, sales are beyond irrelevant.

Invincible

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »

i wont tell u shit but suck my dick.  stop tryna bring u n2 everything, ur not a baby anymore grow up

Yer because that was a real grown up response. Your logic of because music is old, you can't listen to it is so retarded as outlined in that DJ Honda thread. And also, I have barely quoted on you recently because I'm fed up with, ironically your childish responses.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 02:13:36 PM by Invincible »

Jaydc

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »
Isnt this digital sales only?In which case 140k digital is pretty damn good.