Author Topic: 50 Cent sells 157k in 1st week  (Read 3851 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent sells 157k in 1st week
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2009, 04:03:00 AM »
Jay had Rihaana, A.Keys, Cudi, Drake and Mr. Hudson. 50 had Ne-Yo, R.Kelly and that Black Magic group on Do You Think About Me. So it's 3 vs. 5, not to mention that Jay had better hooks (minus the corny hook from Rihanna).

MediumL

« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2009, 06:19:56 AM »
Jay had Rihaana, A.Keys, Cudi, Drake and Mr. Hudson. 50 had Ne-Yo, R.Kelly and that Black Magic group on Do You Think About Me. So it's 3 vs. 5, not to mention that Jay had better hooks (minus the corny hook from Rihanna).

I was referring more to the overall sound of the album. it wasn't particularly gritty, it was made for the mainstream. Where as in contrast bar a couple tracks 50s was meant to be a gritty album. True by doing that it sounded a bit mixtape-ish  in sound (although thats a problem I find with a lot of these gritty albums - check Slaughterhouse).

For Eminem to sell like he did with Relapse was a testament to his popularity. If Em had put an album of Forever type songs like Interscope want, he would've sold 2mil easy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2009, 06:33:14 AM »
But I think what Jay did was more appropriate than what 50 did. 50 basically went backwards while Jay moved forward with futuristic production and trying to set new trends. That's why I also didn't like American Gangster; if I want to hear Jay rap about the dope game I'll listen to Reasonable Doubt and not some 40 year billionaire with less hunger, weaker flow and lyrics. Because that's why you get when you try to recreate a certain album. That's why Jay sounded much more comfortable on BP3.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2009, 06:46:37 AM »
one of the great moments in hip hop history

but that "hold me down" joint is dope

My fav joint on the album, lovin the hook.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

MediumL

« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2009, 07:24:02 AM »
But I think what Jay did was more appropriate than what 50 did. 50 basically went backwards while Jay moved forward with futuristic production and trying to set new trends. That's why I also didn't like American Gangster; if I want to hear Jay rap about the dope game I'll listen to Reasonable Doubt and not some 40 year billionaire with less hunger, weaker flow and lyrics. Because that's why you get when you try to recreate a certain album. That's why Jay sounded much more comfortable on BP3.

I guess i didn't like BP3 and imo American Gangster shits all over it. 50's only problem was his hook writing and poor beats on a couple tracks. True you can't try and create the exact same album but theres no problem making a gangster rap album with a different sound. Jay did it with the original Blueprint.

Personally as well sometimes you need to take a step backwards to move forwards in the future. If 50 had made another cheesy album full of timbo beats and akon hooks - yer it would have met with the current sound but it would have alienated some of his most loyal fans. By releasing BISD he's giving an album to those that love the grittier side of his work. I'm sure his next effort will be a lot more mainstream friendly.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2009, 08:51:55 AM »
Like I said before he's gets my respect for releasing this type of album in the climate we're in.

In the 50th law they mentioned 50 was going to create his own record label.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

MediumL

« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2009, 09:26:34 AM »
Like I said before he's gets my respect for releasing this type of album in the climate we're in.

In the 50th law they mentioned 50 was going to create his own record label.

it'll be interesting to see his ability to see who can sell him records. Buck and Banks were good signings to G Unit but the rest pretty much flopped so I'm not sure whether he could pick out acts like Diddy or Akon do.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2009, 11:11:45 AM »

I was referring more to the overall sound of the album. it wasn't particularly gritty, it was made for the mainstream. Where as in contrast bar a couple tracks 50s was meant to be a gritty album. True by doing that it sounded a bit mixtape-ish  in sound (although thats a problem I find with a lot of these gritty albums - check Slaughterhouse).

For Eminem to sell like he did with Relapse was a testament to his popularity. If Em had put an album of Forever type songs like Interscope want, he would've sold 2mil easy.

gritty or not, its still weak. anyway lol @ people calling this album gritty like its the hardest thing they've ever heard. Maybe to 50 Cent's standards it is. But this is less gritty than your average 90s east coast album.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:23:34 AM by rapsodie, the troll prince »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »
You're missing the point when people call it gritty.  It was released in this environment.  We're not in the 90s.
- Banks

TurreekK

• Lil Geezy
  • Music Producer
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »
To bad 50 sell 160k.. The album is way better then Curtis!

The Hottest Hip-Hop, R&B and Pop beats on the net!
http://www.TurreekK.com

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
I'll take Fifs grimey New York sound over Jays Futuristic pop shit... I don't have a problem with that sound, but I just didn't feel Jays rendition of it, and I definitely wouldn't wanna see Fif doing that kinda shit

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2009, 02:29:45 PM »
I'll take Fifs grimey New York sound over Jays Futuristic pop shit... I don't have a problem with that sound, but I just didn't feel Jays rendition of it, and I definitely wouldn't wanna see Fif doing that kinda shit
BSID> BP3 IMO

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »
I like both albums.  I also like Ghetto Techno by Jay which a lot of people hate on.
- Banks

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »

I was referring more to the overall sound of the album. it wasn't particularly gritty, it was made for the mainstream. Where as in contrast bar a couple tracks 50s was meant to be a gritty album. True by doing that it sounded a bit mixtape-ish  in sound (although thats a problem I find with a lot of these gritty albums - check Slaughterhouse).

gritty or not, its still weak. anyway lol @ people calling this album gritty like its the hardest thing they've ever heard. Maybe to 50 Cent's standards it is. But this is less gritty than your average 90s east coast album.

For me, that word best describes the sound of a song say Strong Enough on the album. Hardest thing I have ever heard? Nah. Get Clapped from Lloyd Banks' The Big Apple album is another example. As many people that may knock 50 for not having a NY sound, he always has 2-5 joints like Strong Enough that have a distinct east coast feel to it.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2009, 03:56:21 PM »
BSID> BP3 IMO

No doubt. The Dre beats help right? ;)

I can't co sign that Ghetto Techno joint though Action. I only listened to it for like 30 seconds though? Was Jays worst track ever from the small impression I got. Up it again I'll give it one more chance