Author Topic: 50 Cent sells 157k in 1st week  (Read 3847 times)

Matty

Re: 50 Cent sells 157k in 1st week
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
some good reviews. if i did one it wouldn't be pretty.

and that ghetto techno track was total ass imo.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
i enjoyed both 50 & Jay's albums & believe it or not, they were the two "most hated on" albums lol.

if this was 50's first album, 8 years ago & then GRODT came out after, more people would like this album, without a doubt in my mind.

everything he has done since GRODT has been compared to GRODT & that's why his music is hated on.

i'm not saying anything he has done is on that same level, but if The Massacre was the debut album for any other up & coming rapper, you guys would without a doubt enjoy it more.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
50 took an L. A big one. A hilarious, epic one. Anyone trying to defend him should get off his dick  8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »
No one defends his sales or the fact he's a shit talker.  I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that he had this coming.  The conversation at hand is about the quality of his subsequent albums since Get Rich.   There's a group that says each one got worse, there's a group that says there's a couple good songs on each, and then there's a group that says his releases past Get Rich have more or less been consistent.

I'm a have to say Ghetto Techno is one of my favourite tracks from 2009.  It's an amazing club banger while managing to be a great drinking track.  It's catchy, infectious, and oddly intriguing.   The chorus is about about drinking away the pain which contract sharply with the traditional club song.  Maybe it's cause I like drinking quite a bit. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2009, 07:08:39 PM »
^it's more how like everybody defends their favorite underground artist for pushing under 50k, but still say their music is great.

not that 50's is great, but it's solid.

he had minimal "bitch tracks" on this album & still tried to push it, i give him respect for that.

but no, nobody is trying to defend his sales, they are pathetic for who he is & being on a major; but it's the times & his persona, 50 is a "dead" character.

but i'll say it for everybody who makes music out there, sales are not relevant to how good the music is.

OchoCinco

« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2009, 07:28:20 PM »
lol 50 flops and ppl still tryin to defend him. 50 the biggest shit talker when it come to sales. Cham i see u post on how little the game and so and so will sell then 50 flops and u come with this new philosophy that sales dont matter all the sudden. Ppl on here are such gimmicks when it come to their favorite artists.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2009, 07:37:01 PM »
^it's more how like everybody defends their favorite underground artist for pushing under 50k, but still say their music is great.

not that 50's is great, but it's solid.

he had minimal "bitch tracks" on this album & still tried to push it, i give him respect for that.

but no, nobody is trying to defend his sales, they are pathetic for who he is & being on a major; but it's the times & his persona, 50 is a "dead" character.

but i'll say it for everybody who makes music out there, sales are not relevant to how good the music is.

50 is gonna have a hard time finding many to support him on this one.

The funny thing for me is it is never about sales. I can enjoy the album without peeking at soundscan. But 50 would CONSTANTLY talk about and clown others for weak sales. You become a product of your environment and as much as he talks about what the "general public" wants, there is a disconnect. It is only a week and it will be interesting to see how Interscope and 50 try to promote this album in the coming months to get his "numbers" back to something respectable for both. Maybe do like Em and re release it or do like The Massacre and release videos for the album with bonus tracks.

Hendo

• 'G'
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2009, 08:48:15 PM »
Good.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »
lol 50 flops and ppl still tryin to defend him. 50 the biggest shit talker when it come to sales. Cham i see u post on how little the game and so and so will sell then 50 flops and u come with this new philosophy that sales dont matter all the sudden. Ppl on here are such gimmicks when it come to their favorite artists.

i guess you weren't in this section when the latest phad was shitting on Joe Budden. ::)

if you go through all my posts & can't see me saying at least 15 times, i will delete my account lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: 50 Cent projected to sell between 140-160k in 1st week
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2009, 05:24:52 AM »
I guess I am in the minority when I say this album is banging.
Nice production, and 50 was consistent throughout on it.
Has heavy replay value for me.

Too early to tell if it got replay value.
But I kept most of the tracks... so lets see.

i didn't expect that.
did you keep OK You're right?  :D

Let me rate the tracks quick.

Vader's Before I self destruct quick breakdown;

-1; The Invasion;
3.5/5

-2; Then Day Went By;
3.5/5

-3; Death To Enemies;
3.5/5

-4; So Disrespectful
3.5/5

-5; Psycho (Feat. Eminem)
3/5

-6; Hold Me Down
3/5

-7; Crime Wave
3.5/5

-8; Stretch
3.5/5

-9; Strong Enough
3.5/5

-11; Gangsta's Delight
3/5

-14; OK, You're Right
3/5

-15; Could've Been You (Feat. R. Kelly)
3/5

Overall;
Kept 12 out of 16.... most of them a little above average. so;
3/5

i see, so you could actually tolerate 50's mumbling on Ok you're right ;D

so you rate Psycho as decent: let me guess...Eminem?

also LOL at you for keeping Could've been you: when it first leaked you were dissing it  :loser:  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm giving "OK you're right" a pass because of the beat.
Em did his job om "Psycho",nothing revolutionary but you know.
I still think the hook on "Could've been you" is corny (sniffing my ass ain't a good metaphor  :-X)... the rest is alright.

alright

I'll take Fifs grimey New York sound over Jays Futuristic pop shit... I don't have a problem with that sound, but I just didn't feel Jays rendition of it, and I definitely wouldn't wanna see Fif doing that kinda shit
BSID> BP3 IMO

No doubt. The Dre beats help right? ;)

I can't co sign that Ghetto Techno joint though Action. I only listened to it for like 30 seconds though? Was Jays worst track ever from the small impression I got. Up it again I'll give it one more chance
a bit, but Dre dropped better stuff this year

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »
Deeper Than Rap > BISD  8)          :o :o :o :o :o :o

Jaydc

« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2009, 08:20:29 PM »
Jay had Rihaana, A.Keys, Cudi, Drake and Mr. Hudson. 50 had Ne-Yo, R.Kelly and that Black Magic group on Do You Think About Me. So it's 3 vs. 5, not to mention that Jay had better hooks (minus the corny hook from Rihanna).

Your forgetting pharrell.Not to mention the fact that jay z has a total of 11 guests and a second appearance by kanye on a 15 track album.50 had three guests on a 16 track album.And you can barely count the third guest it was more of a backup vocals.

Blood$

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »
so what did 50 officially sell first week? I'm seeing 157K, 160K, and other random figures on different sites... but either way it's combined with digital sales so ouch, but whatever I copped the album cuz I liked it

well Rick Ross sold 158K first week and he's sold around 390K to date, so we'll have to see how 50's sales total out to be  8)

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »
I dont understand people say that most artist buy a certain  number of copies in the first week
but why didnt 50 buy at least enough to make it go gold he has the money.
Can some one explain the buying a certain in first week thing?
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2009, 01:18:34 PM »
^yeah, i never understood why everybody made a big deal about the first week.

final sale numbers should be the thing to look at.