Author Topic: 50 Cent sells 157k in 1st week  (Read 3861 times)

Jaydc

Re: 50 Cent sells 157k in 1st week
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2009, 08:23:03 PM »
Well final sales are the real way albums should be looked at this album will not have legs.Their isnt a big hit on the album and the album isnt good enough that word of mouth will carry it.Dont get me wrong I think its a solid album but it wont be that kind of seller.The album may not even make gold,though Im curious to see the worldwide sales because 50 seems to sell more worldwide then in the states.

Back to the first week sales,some albums sell nothing first week and do big numbers later.Carter II took a long time before word of mouth hit and it sold big in time.Chamillionaires first album was sitting at gold when the second single dropped about 5 months after the album was out and propelled it to triple platinum.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2009, 08:32:48 PM »
How do you determine final sales?  this month? next month? one year? two years? 5 years? a decade?

One might say first week sales reflect how popular an artist is at the time.  The higher the first week sales the more relevant the artist is to the public; for hip-hops this supports braging rights.   It also reflects how well greased an artist is by "the machine" - USUALLY the higher the first week sales the more money is spent on marketing a project.   Clearly, this isn't always true. 

BUT, If you check  music for music then none of this matters. 

In 50's case it matters because of his public history and his emphasis on sales and it's role in determining an artist's relevancy and power.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
How do you determine final sales?  this month? next month? one year? two years? 5 years? a decade?

One might say first week sales reflect how popular an artist is at the time.  The higher the first week sales the more relevant the artist is to the public; for hip-hops this supports braging rights.   It also reflects how well greased an artist is by "the machine" - USUALLY the higher the first week sales the more money is spent on marketing a project.   Clearly, this isn't always true. 

In 50's case it matters because of his public history and his emphasis on sales and it's role in determining an artist's relevancy and power.   

Not true. This has only been the case in recent years. During the 90s, first week sales meant jack.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »

Not true. This has only been the case in recent years. During the 90s, first week sales meant jack.

True, I think there is even more emphasis on 1st week sales now because after the 1st week, sales consistently drop 30-60%. A album in the 90's could be low 1st week and still build a buzz and either keep its sales steady or even increase. You had alot of albums that were #1 multiple times. The only albums rap wise the last couple of years that started slow 1st week and still sold alot were Chamillionaire and Timbaland and Tim's was more a universal album.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »
Just watched the movie, shit was aite, ending kinda sucked though. Some dope sounding tracks throughout the movie though

Blood$

« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2009, 09:40:39 PM »
shit was aite, ending kinda sucked though. Some dope sounding tracks throughout the movie though

co-sign

Jaydc

« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2009, 11:04:35 PM »
Second week predictions are for 100k.Thats not much of a drop off.Considering for example kid cudi sold 130k first week and like 20k the second week and it still hasnt gone past 200k.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2009, 11:13:55 PM »
Second week predictions are for 100k.Thats not much of a drop off.Considering for example kid cudi sold 130k first week and like 20k the second week and it still hasnt gone past 200k.

Wow that is actually really good.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2009, 11:44:03 PM »

Wow that is actually really good.

I think this album could be a sleeper and get some consistant sales, shit is actually good and grimey so hopefully word will get round. I don't wanna see Fif do a 180 from this kinda music cos it didn't sell

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2009, 02:02:04 AM »
^yeah, i never understood why everybody made a big deal about the first week.

final sale numbers should be the thing to look at.
blame 50 cent for that

djlocskeet

« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2009, 07:34:15 PM »

Epic Fail

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2009, 02:24:07 PM »
for real why should a wack album (compared to his dope ones) sell alotta units?

Epic Fail
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2009, 06:10:59 PM »
To bad 50 sell 160k.. The album is way better then Curtis!
gimme some of the kush ur high off!
cause this album blows.. Curtis sucked, but this is beyond garbage

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2009, 06:52:58 PM »
Yeah, we'll clearly not everyone thinks it's wack.  I enjoyed it.  I thought it was better than Curtis.  Everyone complains about whatever music he makes.  If it's raw like BISD people say it's wack.  If it's more pop like Curtis people say it's wack.   He can't do any right for some listeners and yet they still listen.  Ah!  Conundrum? I think so.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2009, 01:30:52 AM »
50cent's album is at no.21 this week selling 59,717 copies , which is down 62% from last week.

see below for details:
------------------------------------------------------

CHART DATE: 11/30/2009
LAST UPDATE: 12/01/2009 13:38:43
NOW IN: FINAL

4 21 50 CENT SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT 59,717 -62%
BEFORE I SELF DESTRUCT