Author Topic: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?  (Read 5968 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: The South has always been America's Soundtrack, why all the hate for it?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »
If there were white rappers rapping about the same thing the mainstream southern rappers do, they would be even bigger jokes than they are.

honestly, if they were white; they wouldn't pass.

if a guy like Gucci or some other southern scrub was white, the entire world call it the greatest garbage of all time.

but since he can pass it off as "swag" (yeah, apparenlty showing retardation = swag); it passes mainstream.

bottom line, there is good music that comes out of the South, but the worst music out there comes from the South too.

the West, Mid-West & East are far more consistant; you won't find nearly as many terrible, awful rappers.

I think they're just products of the mainstream industry and they are in the mindset that swag/bullshit is what's cool and rhymes don't matter. There are a lot of terrible rappers in all regions, but the ones from the East and the West aren't encouraged to be whack. Its like our coasts suppress the bullshit, whereas in the south its encouraged. I've noticed that the entire south will get behind a rapper, regardless of how skilled they are, just because of where they are from and regional pride. That isn't really the case on the east and west coast.   

i suppose; but is it really "regional pride" or just tryna get on a track for some bucks?

i mean, i'm sure mad people co-signin' Gucci are just tryna get their shot at fame.

but i do have to admit the South is pretty tight, in terms of non-beefing & supporting each other, compared to other places.

thing is, i wouldn't even mind all the terrible bullshit if it didn't get so much recognition.

like when people say Gucci Mane is better than T.I. or Ludacris, it just makes you think what the world is coming too. :-X

find a way past it, it's what we do

so let me get this straight.

you know why there is so much hate, because you said, "get past it, it's what we do"; meaning you knew that it's the bullshit people hate on, yet you still asked "why" the South gets hate. ??? :stupid:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 01:07:29 PM »
find a way past it, it's what we do

It doesn't bother me. The only reason I'm bringing it up is because you made a topic about it.  ;)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 09:51:50 PM »
The south is not embodiment of Hip Hop and ALL of Western music at all. east coast &west coast are more embodiment of Hip Hop and ALL of Western music . instead south represents  everything wrong with hip hop & america. the south is one of the reason other countries look down on the united states. the ignorance & hate that comes from the south is the worst. .

only on the internet...

some of ya favorite west n east coast rappers where born n raised in the south..

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:16 PM »
Gucci is the southern tony yayo.  Give it a year or two and people will come to their senses,.

I don't understand why people hate on the south.  It's got some of the top rappers to come from the region: scarface, andre 3000, big boi, jay electronica, t.i
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 04:51:35 AM »
Gucci is the southern tony yayo.  Give it a year or two and people will come to their senses,.

I don't understand why people hate on the south.  It's got some of the top rappers to come from the region: scarface, andre 3000, big boi, jay electronica, t.i

really the hate on Gucci (on here) is beyond a disaster (we weren't even talking about Gucci, but i bet he'll be the subject of the next 10 replies).  he's becoming the new lil'wayne when it comes to referencing the south, like for some reason he's the only guy representing the whole  ??? the nigga got skills on the mic, maybe not like an Inspectah Deck but that's not the nigga perogative and we can all see clearly that he's not going in that direction on purpose (it's not his style)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:06:46 AM by 301-703-202-410 »

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 05:40:42 AM »
The south is not embodiment of Hip Hop and ALL of Western music at all. east coast &west coast are more embodiment of Hip Hop and ALL of Western music . instead south represents  everything wrong with hip hop & america. the south is one of the reason other countries look down on the united states. the ignorance & hate that comes from the south is the worst. .

only on the internet...

some of ya favorite west n east coast rappers where born n raised in the south..

premier comes to mind
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »
Gucci is the southern tony yayo.  Give it a year or two and people will come to their senses,.

I don't understand why people hate on the south.  It's got some of the top rappers to come from the region: scarface, andre 3000, big boi, jay electronica, t.i

really the hate on Gucci (on here) is beyond a disaster (we weren't even talking about Gucci, but i bet he'll be the subject of the next 10 replies).  he's becoming the new lil'wayne when it comes to referencing the south, like for some reason he's the only guy representing the whole  ??? the nigga got skills on the mic, maybe not like an Inspectah Deck but that's not the nigga perogative and we can all see clearly that he's not going in that direction on purpose (it's not his style)

like tony yayo they're just glorified hype men.  they can rock a crowd (though tony yayo much less than gucci who admittedly has more personality)
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Al Bundy

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »
the dopest from the South right now IMO is Z-Ro, B.G., Juve, Wayne (sometimes), Jeezy, Luda, Young Buck, Big Boi, T.I., B.o.B, Killer Mike, Bun B, Scarface, Trae, Devin, Cham, Slim Thug, Three 6 Mafia, etc.

the ones who give the South a bad rep is dudes like Shawty Lo, Soulja Boy, OJ Da Juiceman (even though he has a few bangers and he's a funny lol) etc... Gucci gets a pass from me cuz he has some tracks I like even though he puts out hella wack shit

bro-signed no homo

Al Bundy

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 12:51:57 PM »
Gucci is the southern tony yayo.  Give it a year or two and people will come to their senses,.

I don't understand why people hate on the south.  It's got some of the top rappers to come from the region: scarface, andre 3000, big boi, jay electronica, t.i

except that gucci has listenable tracks unlike yayo

Blood$

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 01:50:26 PM »

except that gucci has listenable tracks unlike yayo

bingo... except the most recent listenable Yayo track I know of is "Shooters For Hire" and that was mainly because of the beat and Uncle Murda  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 02:11:20 PM »
^na, there are songs on Thoughts of A Predicate Felony that i can bump.

you can't show me a Gucci song that will be alright.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 07:25:10 PM »
^na, there are songs on Thoughts of A Predicate Felony that i can bump.

you can't show me a Gucci song that will be alright.

bcuz u dont want 1 to be alright.  you've been saying since i've seen u bitching on here that Gucci Mane ain't shit which leads all of us to believe that u don't give his music a listen unless it's on the radio or tv (Which ISNT Gucci's way of marketing).  just b honest, u haven''t even tried to listen to Gucci since u 1st "tried" to give him a listen, and that's ok but obviously if the US is rockin' wit Gucci then maybe it's time 2 give the nigga anotha listen, you'll be satisfied. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 07:27:03 PM »
^i've never seen anybody say, "damn that song by Gucci is just so ill".

what's his best song? does he even have one?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 07:56:50 PM »
^i've never seen anybody say, "damn that song by Gucci is just so ill".

what's his best song? does he even have one?

well either im right that u live in a box/4 cornered room and never see tha light of day unless it's thru your blinds or u just dont know ppl and don't get out much.  Gucci sells out concerts (days in a row over here and im sure other places too).  So when u say shit like that it gives the impressions that i just said, not to mention all of the people co-signing Gucci's shit on other sites besides ny/ca forums and dubcc.  

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:59:33 PM by 301-703-202-410 »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »

The West's opinion of/on the South?

that shit is from 2007, the Hip Hop game in general has grown since then and not by a little bit.  Vladir Puttin likes Hip Hop (russian) and I FUCKIN HATE THAT SHIT.