Author Topic: Official: Eminem To Release RELAPSE: REFILL (Aftermath/Interscope) on Dec. 22nd  (Read 2513 times)

Matty

word its a corny money making tactic but it must be effective at squeezing extra sales outta the bigger releases.

downloaded and disliked relapse, will be downloading and likely dislikng the refill too.

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
smh at Interscope for doing this

they did the same thing recently with Lady Gaga album : re-releasing her album as a double cds with 8 new tracks on disc 1, disc 2 being the actual album. i guess this is the new fashion to make $$$

i know i will have my megaupload link so i dont give a shit  8)

that Lady GaGa stunt was B.S. now they doin' it wit Em,  :-\
I'll be there w/ ya sharing this shit 4 FREE!!  ;D 8) ;)
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Matty

smh at Interscope for doing this

they did the same thing recently with Lady Gaga album : re-releasing her album as a double cds with 8 new tracks on disc 1, disc 2 being the actual album. i guess this is the new fashion to make $$$

i know i will have my megaupload link so i dont give a shit  8)

that Lady GaGa stunt was B.S. now they doin' it wit Em,  :-\
I'll be there w/ ya sharing this shit 4 FREE!!  ;D 8) ;)

:pirate:

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Eminem's 'Relapse 2' album, originally scheduled for 2009, is getting pushed back to next year
By Associated Press

November 20, 2009 | 8:05 a.m.
E-mail Print Share  Text Size

DETROIT (AP) — Eminem's comeback year of 2009 was expected to include the release of two new albums.

That turned out to be only partially true.

"Relapse," the Detroit rapper's first original studio album in more than four years, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart in May and eventually went platinum.

The plan then was to release a follow-up disc, entitled "Relapse 2," in the second half of the year.

Instead, Eminem and Interscope Records announced Thursday that "Relapse 2" will drop in 2010, and a CD called "Relapse: Refill" will come out on Dec. 21.

The "Refill" album is a rerelease of "Relapse" and includes seven bonus tracks.

Latimes.com

So "Refill" is NOT replacing R2. Just something to hold the fans over 'till R2 is released in 2010.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
MTV article:

Eminem is a man of his word. He promised fans he would drop off two doses of music this year, and it looks like it's happening. On December 21, the rhyme legend is putting out a new version of his Relapse LP, subtitled The Refill, according to RapRadar.com. It will include five brand-new songs as well as the hit "Forever" and "Taking My Ball," which was featured on the Eminem/Jay-Z "Renegade Edition" of "DJ Hero."

And Slim Shady said this is just a taste of what's to come. "I want to deliver more material for the fans this year like I originally planned," Em told the Web site. "Hopefully these tracks on The Refill will tide the fans over until we put out Relapse 2 next year."

Eminem has been working on Relapse 2 for several months now, and in October, he revealed that Just Blaze was one of the producers on the record. During an interview on his Shade 45 satellite radio show last month, he said the sequel will be different from the original.

"[The album] is gonna be a lot different than people expect," Eminem told DJ Tony Touch. "As far as the contrast from the last album to this one, I got a couple of tracks with [D12's] Mr. Porter, two tracks with him so far. Four, possibly five with Just Blaze. The overall basis of this record, I went back to songs that are more emotionally driven. The last record I made, I think I was concentrating more on spitting. On this album, I feel like there's some of that, but I went back to songs with [feelings] to them as opposed to just rap records."

RollingStone article (Em goes into slightly more detail):
As Rolling Stone reported in March, Eminem promised not one but two doses of the Dr. Dre-prescribed Relapse would be released in 2009, but with the scheduling of the first installment’s Refill, it appears Relapse 2 is now slotted for release in 2010. “I want to deliver more material for the fans this year like I originally planned. Hopefully these tracks on The Refill will tide the fans over until we put out Relapse 2 next year,” Eminem said. “I got back in with Dre and then a few more producers, including Just Blaze, and went in a completely different direction which made me start from scratch. The new tracks started to sound very different than the tracks I originally intended to be on Relapse 2, but I still want the other stuff to be heard.”

Eminem has reportedly been hard at work in recent months working on Relapse 2, hitting the studio with producers like Just Blaze and Mr. Porter, so 2 won’t be an all-Dr. Dre affair. “I definitely feel like I’m in a different space right now. With the last record, I think a lot of it had to do with me getting sober, my eyes being open again. With Relapse, I wanted to prove myself that I could still do it. The zany, loony, ridiculous shit, so a lot of that album is rapid-fire punch lines,” Em previously said of Relapse 2. “Now I’m at a point where I’m blessed enough to be in a position where I don’t need to put out records, but I want to.”

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:24:15 AM by Rebel »

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
MTV article:

Eminem is a man of his word. He promised fans he would drop off two doses of music this year, and it looks like it's happening. On December 21, the rhyme legend is putting out a new version of his Relapse LP, subtitled The Refill, according to RapRadar.com. It will include five brand-new songs as well as the hit "Forever" and "Taking My Ball," which was featured on the Eminem/Jay-Z "Renegade Edition" of "DJ Hero."

And Slim Shady said this is just a taste of what's to come. "I want to deliver more material for the fans this year like I originally planned," Em told the Web site. "Hopefully these tracks on The Refill will tide the fans over until we put out Relapse 2 next year."

Eminem has been working on Relapse 2 for several months now, and in October, he revealed that Just Blaze was one of the producers on the record. During an interview on his Shade 45 satellite radio show last month, he said the sequel will be different from the original.

"[The album] is gonna be a lot different than people expect," Eminem told DJ Tony Touch. "As far as the contrast from the last album to this one, I got a couple of tracks with [D12's] Mr. Porter, two tracks with him so far. Four, possibly five with Just Blaze. The overall basis of this record, I went back to songs that are more emotionally driven. The last record I made, I think I was concentrating more on spitting. On this album, I feel like there's some of that, but I went back to songs with [feelings] to them as opposed to just rap records."

As Rolling Stone reported in March, Eminem promised not one but two doses of the Dr. Dre-prescribed Relapse would be released in 2009, but with the scheduling of the first installment’s Refill, it appears Relapse 2 is now slotted for release in 2010. “I want to deliver more material for the fans this year like I originally planned. Hopefully these tracks on The Refill will tide the fans over until we put out Relapse 2 next year,” Eminem said. “I got back in with Dre and then a few more producers, including Just Blaze, and went in a completely different direction which made me start from scratch. The new tracks started to sound very different than the tracks I originally intended to be on Relapse 2, but I still want the other stuff to be heard.”

Eminem has reportedly been hard at work in recent months working on Relapse 2, hitting the studio with producers like Just Blaze and Mr. Porter, so 2 won’t be an all-Dr. Dre affair. “I definitely feel like I’m in a different space right now. With the last record, I think a lot of it had to do with me getting sober, my eyes being open again. With Relapse, I wanted to prove myself that I could still do it. The zany, loony, ridiculous shit, so a lot of that album is rapid-fire punch lines,” Em previously said of Relapse 2. “Now I’m at a point where I’m blessed enough to be in a position where I don’t need to put out records, but I want to.”

props 4 more info!
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dawaun just said that the stuff on Refill are the tracks that were gonna be on the original Relapse II. (but he said dont quote him on that lol)

and the new Relapse II is the Just Blaze contribution.

Hopefully 1 track with Slaughterhouse feature :P

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
MTV article:

props 4 more info!

Yeah man... and it's very likely that the 5 unreleased tracks from RELAPSE that we'll get in Dec. will be prodeced by the Good Doctor:

8)

Just speculation, but look at the homepage of Eminem.com...

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
01. People Make Me
02. Taking My Ball
03. Insult To Injury
04. Outlet
05. Carrington Pool
06. Forever featuring Drake, Kanye West & Lil Wayne
07. Stainless Ego

possible tracklist

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
01. People Make Me
02. Taking My Ball
03. Insult To Injury
04. Outlet
05. Carrington Pool
06. Forever featuring Drake, Kanye West & Lil Wayne
07. Stainless Ego

possible tracklist

Source?

EDIT: I found the link: http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2009/11/20/eminem-relapse-refill-tracklist/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 11:46:10 AM by Rebel »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
At the end of the day, it's always great to hear album leftovers and if those are produced by Dre and in CDQ then so much better.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"Insult To Injury" was produced by Alchemist, right?

Visualize what you can't see

• Muthafuckin' OG

BiggBoogaBiff

Don't get too hyped about the Just Blaze beats, it doesn't mean that tha songs will come out top knotch.  think about wat 50 said about him and Game on Detox (it's more of an event).  I ain't sayin' that it's gonna b garbage, i havent even heard it but i dont think it'll be wat ppl are expecting.  Eminem's career ain't wat it used to be in terms of public perception (Even tho that doesn't mean it'll be a horrible song).  My take on it, him, Alchemist, Dre, Mr. Porter should just make a short album like "infinite 2" and it'll go over better with people.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
WHY NOT JUST RELEASE AN EP. WHY RELEASE THE WHOlE ALBUM OVER FOR NO REASON> AHHHH!!!!!