Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound -That Was Then This Is Now Discussion Thread  (Read 4735 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Tha Dogg Pound -That Was Then This Is Now Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2009, 08:44:13 PM »
I was waiting for the GroupRip but I couldn't help it last night... bumped it and regret not peeping the album sooner, shit is  :o

when is the official release date? I got to pick this one up

It was supposed to come out last tuesday but I have not been to Best Buy yet to see if they have it.

I have been to 2 different FYEs in the past week and didn't happen to see it in there, and damn Amazon barely has anything on the album, even has it listed as a "single"  :-\

http://www.amazon.com/That-Was-Then-This-Now/dp/B002X5FFIM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1259642238&sr=8-13

love DPG but the marketing/promotion for this album is awful, how do they expect to even make money back if nobody knows the album is out there? I mean it's cool and all I guess if they are selling it themselves and still gettin' money, but still it deserves to be on the charts and what not since the quality of the music is good

I will pick this up if I hit Best Buy tomorrow after I cash my check  8)

I think Daz is wanting to sell more hard copies directly from him but no offense I am not buying anything from him directly. And only having Public Enemiez for digital dl as long as he did without also having hard copies hurt sales as well.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »
I have been to 2 different FYEs in the past week and didn't happen to see it in there,
i think the album is only being released through best buy at the moment. i dont know if its actually out there on the shelves now, but yeh..

and damn Amazon barely has anything on the album, even has it listed as a "single"  :-\

http://www.amazon.com/That-Was-Then-This-Now/dp/B002X5FFIM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1259642238&sr=8-13

love DPG but the marketing/promotion for this album is awful, how do they expect to even make money back if nobody knows the album is out there? I mean it's cool and all I guess if they are selling it themselves and still gettin' money, but still it deserves to be on the charts and what not since the quality of the music is good

I will pick this up if I hit Best Buy tomorrow after I cash my check  8)

yeh, its pretty fukked up. daz said before that he was working on gettin the hard copies/cd's of "public enemiez" & "that was then this is now" albums released on amazon for december, but it doesnt look like it will end up happening anytime soon.

daz is already talkin about releasing the 100 ways album when he hasnt even fixed up his issues of distribution for his other cd's yet.
i mean that's great that he's releasing all this music, which is dope, but there's alot of people who would like to get hard copies of his new cd's but cant, and daz is not making the profits that he could if his distribution avenues were fixed up.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2009, 10:41:13 PM »
i want the the cds damn it

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »
Damn I was sleeping, this album is ill. Soopa and Daz cook up some serious heat together

TRU 504 BoY

• 'G'
  • Fuck You!
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2009, 07:54:37 PM »
I got lucky finding the CD itself of "Public Enemiez" at Amoeba couple weeks ago. Only copy there

bigpimpin20

« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2009, 03:58:52 AM »
That album is fire, after Cali Iz Active i thought they fell off but then Dogg Chit dropped and now this LP, cant wait for 100 Wayz.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2009, 10:41:55 PM »

Blood$

« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2009, 10:46:58 PM »
I looked at Best Buy last week and they didn't have it :-\

iTunes doesn't have it either... wtf DPG I'm trying to give y'all my money for putting out a dope album!

ThaChamp

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2009, 11:27:30 PM »
this shit fuckin bumps fuck any haters

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2009, 05:11:23 AM »
times have changed homie it cant and wont be another doggfood aint gonna be another dili and gotti its different times but great new album.
every album dpg is givin us is just the place where they are now in life. new sounds new ryhms dont live in the past! keep it dpg daz an kurupt and
keep givin us this gangsta ass music to ride too!