Author Topic: Matty's Detox Standard DRE Cuts (Max Quality)  (Read 1791 times)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: Matty's Detox Standard DRE Cuts (Max Quality)
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 11:46:51 AM »
But you did know that with Dr. Dre, he has a band of musicians playin the music/makin the beat.

Co-produced might be fairer, but I consider the producer to be the person who had the most impact on the final sound, especially when it's this good.

Yeah, that's usually Dr. Dre, because he decides what the final sound will be like, even though he might not have created it himself. For example in "2001" he had Scott Storch, Mike Elizondo, Camara Kambo and others makin the music for him. If you understand that then you can understand why so many people talk shit about Dr. Dre so much and say that he gets too much credited for shit he ain't even done or really had nothin' to do with.

Daz Dillinger dissed Dre about that shit but he did the same shit on "Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back", he had Soopafly, Carl "Butch" Small, Sean "Barney Rubble" and others playin' the music on some of the tracks from the album. Ain't nothin' wrong with that, as long as people get credited for the shit they did.

Thats the truth yea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 12:11:09 PM »
Those drums are definitely Dre.

You can say all you want about Dre and him taking credits but when "mixed by Dr.Dre" is in the credits, it's something so many levels above anyone else. For example I had Loso's Way in the car last week and BISD this week; the Khalil tracks on Fab's album don't even come close to the clean sound of Could've Been You (not to mention that the thump is much more noticeable in the latter)

Matty

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »

You can say all you want about Dre and him taking credits but when "mixed by Dr.Dre" is in the credits, it's something so many levels above anyone else. For example I had Loso's Way in the car last week and BISD this week; the Khalil tracks on Fab's album don't even come close to the clean sound of Could've Been You (not to mention that the thump is much more noticeable in the latter)

Dre didn't do too much to 'Could've Been You' as its pretty much the same beat/sounds, but 50 didn't really get or deserve shit from Dre for his crappy BSID album anyway. The differences are very noticable though - that low-end thump and the subtle 'live hats' give it the edge.

One I've been meaning to bring up is 'Bitches On My Dick'. I reckon that one is quite possibly a Dre mix, considering it's quite old and Khalil hasn't really done a 'banger' style beat bigger or better sounding than that.

Matty

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 12:34:22 PM »
oh another one was Snoop's 'That's That' Produced by Nottz, mixed by Dre. The booklet kind of gives it away that there was more than just mixing in the 'mixng' process. The beat sounds a lot better, especially in the low-end, than any of the beats Nottz has ever done. Its kinda comical that most producers really haven't got a firm grip on the low-end like the real masters (Dre, Quik, Timbaland to name a few).

Okka

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 12:35:41 PM »

You can say all you want about Dre and him taking credits but when "mixed by Dr.Dre" is in the credits, it's something so many levels above anyone else.

Yeah, i know. I'm not dissin Dr. Dre, i'm just tellin' the shit that everybody knows, even Dre himself said that he usually works with a band of musicians and it's quite clear when you are lookin at the credits and it says that other people played the bass, the keyboards, the guitar etc..

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 12:56:49 PM »

You can say all you want about Dre and him taking credits but when "mixed by Dr.Dre" is in the credits, it's something so many levels above anyone else.

Yeah, i know. I'm not dissin Dr. Dre, i'm just tellin' the shit that everybody knows, even Dre himself said that he usually works with a band of musicians and it's quite clear when you are lookin at the credits and it says that other people played the bass, the keyboards, the guitar etc..

Thats clear to anyone bro. Dre is a perfectionist and nobody is arguing that, but I wouldnt give him title as a producer  cause he mixed the track and made the track perfect with adding some sick insturments in it. This convo went too much in finesse but its a quality thread no doubt.

Track produced by Scott Storch and Dr Dre is fair lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »
Dang mattyy i always thought you had a strong ear but most that shit is rigid. Outta control remix is hype but the rest of that shit aint even close to detox level shit imo. Obviously this is 'mattys' standards but dres done made beats much better than them. But if we talking about a joint as a whole, i dunno, but as instrumentals, dre done come much better imo.

pz

Matty

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 01:19:28 PM »
there are some other notable ones but these are the ones that do it for me. my taste is pretty particular. 50's 'Talk About Me' is probably another personal favourite 8)

i'd like to see to see some arguments for other dre tracks from the last few years though...

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
i'd agree with Imagine for sure, an album of cuts to that standard would do the trick

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 02:06:18 PM »
there are some other notable ones but these are the ones that do it for me. my taste is pretty particular. 50's 'Talk About Me' is probably another personal favourite 8)

i'd like to see to see some arguments for other dre tracks from the last few years though...

dude, you made a topic about this not too long ago

Jimmy H.

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
It was confirmed to be produced by Scott Storch, right? Dr. Dre just mixed it, Storch made the beat.
there's a lot more to being the producer than just being the guy who made the beat. 

Matty

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 02:53:01 PM »

dude, you made a topic about this not too long ago

outta control remix thread is a bi-monthly event hombres :sombrero:

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »
no relapse beat ?

The D.O.C and

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »
Only misinformed people seem to not understand how Dr.Dre works.

He doesn't necessarily create the music but is like a conductor or a tutor.  He's always there watching and tweaking.  The final sound is a reflection of Dr. Dre.   There's two different type of respect.

There's the respect I have for Dj Khalil and his band for being original and creating insane music with instruments.

There's the respect I have for Dr.Dre for capturing sound in such a smooth and unique way.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 02:55:32 AM »
What about the Lost One instrumental? Also, a couple of those relapse beats are to me detox worthy
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 02:58:59 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »