Author Topic: Matty's Detox Standard DRE Cuts (Max Quality)  (Read 1824 times)

Matty

Re: Matty's Detox Standard DRE Cuts (Max Quality)
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2009, 01:24:31 PM »
seems like there is some divided opinion on 'imagine'. i wouldn't like a whole album of tracks like this, but as far as cinematic, mellow bangers (if such a thing exists) go, its masterful.

i could care less for any of the tracks on relapse really. even if you take away eminem, the actual music doesn't really do it for me. bagpipes from baghdad is pretty dope though.

the big, dramatic sounding tracks like 'don't get carried away' and 'underground' are undeniably dope in their own way, but it's not really the musical/rythmic direction that i love or would like to hear much of on detox. there's a particular kind of bounce and groove that dre has mostly strayed away from, but i'm confident we'll get to hear it again.

dawaun parker has commented that dre's own personal sound (the one we will hear on detox) is much more funk/soul influenced compared to say his eminem or 50 cent works. something to look forward to 8)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »
seems like there is some divided opinion on 'imagine'. i wouldn't like a whole album of tracks like this, but as far as cinematic, mellow bangers (if such a thing exists) go, its masterful.

i could care less for any of the tracks on relapse really. even if you take away eminem, the actual music doesn't really do it for me. bagpipes from baghdad is pretty dope though.

the big, dramatic sounding tracks like 'don't get carried away' and 'underground' are undeniably dope in their own way, but it's not really the musical/rythmic direction that i love or would like to hear much of on detox. there's a particular kind of bounce and groove that dre has mostly strayed away from, but i'm confident we'll get to hear it again.

dawaun parker has commented that dre's own personal sound (the one we will hear on detox) is much more funk/soul influenced compared to say his eminem or 50 cent works. something to look forward to 8)

dres sound has always been more funk orientated than the stuff he drops for 50 and especially eminem which is more organised, less crazy. I remember hearing beats like still dre, big egos, fuck you instrumentals and be like shiiit, that was pure funk mixed with gangstaaa shit.

I think a beat which is actually kinda bangin is the joint dre did with ti and kobe which got released before it came out in proper version. The instrumental has alot of crazy shit goin on it if u listen properly. Its catchy, kinda funky and that stopwatch clock sorta sound, i cant describe was bangin.

I agree though, where u say last couple of years, it makes it harder to think because dre aint been as active and then suddenly produces a whole eminem album. The eminem album had some nice beats, but nothing detox worthy imo. Alot of it was recycled shit, nice but abit too recycled, then were was one or two kinda niice shit but not in a detox sound way. As in i couldnt imagine dre spittin over it on detox.

In the end in my opinion im sure detox will follow up the sound of chronic and then 2001 with a new sound but it will still be mainly futuristic funk/ headbangin gangsta music but it'll be more sould influenced than previously, which i have no complaints with because i love my soul shit. Also it'll be more musically organised than before, not sure if i want that, i like it when dre just goes wild in the studio but we'll see.

See if you speak of beats since he released 2001, theres so many bangin beats, but if you speak of just recently i think he's been hard creating a new sound, so we dont know where he is with it.

Best bet would be to see his stuff on 50s album and while its not groundbreaking or anything, i think it was nice to see dre's music standing out in comparison to others again, its been a while since i felt like that so i think he is going in the right direction right now. Im sure he got heat locked away now. Im talkin serious heat!

But again with detox it'll be about the whole joint, thats what made 2001 and chronic, the music was brilliant but it was backed up. It didnt have cats like obie trice on it who wouldnt know what to do with amazing music, it had niggaz who could rip a joint and make amazing music do it for him...shiit just speakin this makes me feel sorry for dre, he is in such a difficult situation lol.

One thing for sure is, when the album drops, it'll be dope. He cant spend this long without having bangers, dres too good not to. Whether it worth the time we waited though...thats the tough part of dre.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
"I Like " by Knoc was another creative beat .

Yeah that beat bangs

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »
dont forget what dj quick said after he heard about 4 hours of detox material :

"he's remixing chopin and symphony stuff, insanity !"

So we might expect some classical orchestrated stuff...

The D.O.C and

dameons

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2009, 04:22:39 PM »
Detox worthy beats as follows ( all are creative and dope )

1)  The Knoc

2)  U Know

3) X

4) Break Ya Neck

5) Death to My Enemies

6) Just Dippin'

7) Truck Volume

8) Mentally Disturbed

9) Round Here

10) That leaked Detox track with Nas and Slim Tha Mobster

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »

What I would like to see happen on Detox is a combination of big-band orchestra type hip-hop that's anthemic (just blaze olympic beat to eminem's undergound are examples of what i mean)  balanced by low-key powerful mellow soul influenced tracks similar to Grow Up & Imagine.  I want the album to be like a roller coast that never stops but can take me high above the clouds and low below the sea.  Ya dig? 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dameons

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »
"Put it On Me " is another one I forgots to mention   8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2009, 06:19:29 PM »
^^^ I never really dug the beat for "The Knoc", the song just didn't do it for me for some reason, rest of the list is pretty dope though

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »

What I would like to see happen on Detox is a combination of big-band orchestra type hip-hop that's anthemic (just blaze olympic beat to eminem's undergound are examples of what i mean)  balanced by low-key powerful mellow soul influenced tracks similar to Grow Up & Imagine.  I want the album to be like a roller coast that never stops but can take me high above the clouds and low below the sea.  Ya dig?  
oh yeah, that sounds good to me

i'm wondering how crazy im gonna be when i'm actually gonna have the object in my hands in the store, been waiting on that shit for years... it better be dope !!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:20:03 PM by da chronic »

The D.O.C and

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2009, 09:09:10 PM »
Only misinformed people seem to not understand how Dr.Dre works.
He doesn't necessarily create the music but is like a conductor or a tutor.
He's always there watching and tweaking.  The final sound is a reflection of Dr. Dre.

8) Props, I missed this!!

;)
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2009, 12:45:35 AM »
Not only was Round Here a sample which Dre already used, its almost exactly the same as the original instrumental by dido, which was a mainstream hit. If Dre's going to use samples, then he needs to find more obscure sources and put a creative spin on it, not just add drums.
for the second time, Dre didn't produce Stan...

regardless, he still mixed the entire album. I can't give him any producing points on Round Here when its already been done before, especially on a project he was overlooking.
boohoo, so you can only use a sample once in hip hop  :P

You don't seem to quite understand the point I'm making. It didn't take very much skill to make Round Here, even though yes, the instrumental is dope. He took it straight from another song and added some effects. Dr. Dre is a producing legend. Detox is supposed to be a showcase of his producing skills. The song Round Here was not an example of his amazing producing skills. Its something any producer could've done. hell, if he's going to do that then why not just make new songs over the 2001 instrumentals?
nah, i just think you're bickering over nothing.

he made something totally different of the sample, so no it doesn't take away anything from Dre at all.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2009, 01:14:25 AM »
am i the only 1 that thinks obie's the set up, ohh! and busta's get you some was on some detox shit? ???

So Much Style

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2009, 07:29:58 AM »
^especially OHH!!!
So much style back at it again

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2009, 07:34:50 AM »
I read big lines of the magazine's scans and I have to correct this
"Detox is the most anticipated hip-hop album ever"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »
Not only was Round Here a sample which Dre already used, its almost exactly the same as the original instrumental by dido, which was a mainstream hit. If Dre's going to use samples, then he needs to find more obscure sources and put a creative spin on it, not just add drums.
for the second time, Dre didn't produce Stan...

regardless, he still mixed the entire album. I can't give him any producing points on Round Here when its already been done before, especially on a project he was overlooking.
boohoo, so you can only use a sample once in hip hop  :P

You don't seem to quite understand the point I'm making. It didn't take very much skill to make Round Here, even though yes, the instrumental is dope. He took it straight from another song and added some effects. Dr. Dre is a producing legend. Detox is supposed to be a showcase of his producing skills. The song Round Here was not an example of his amazing producing skills. Its something any producer could've done. hell, if he's going to do that then why not just make new songs over the 2001 instrumentals?
nah, i just think you're bickering over nothing.

he made something totally different of the sample, so no it doesn't take away anything from Dre at all.

really? sounds exactly the same, except for the chorus.