Author Topic: What does Killah Priest mean by:  (Read 489 times)

ikke

What does Killah Priest mean by:
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:29:54 PM »
"The white image, of Christ, is really Cesare Borgia"

I know Cesare Borgia was an italian lord in the 15th century and the son of the pope at that time but why is he the white image of jesus?

I've been told he was the template for all jesus pictures (there were none before him).

Started this thread on another forum, was moved to their equivalent of the train of thought so i thought i'd start a new idea here by discussion the deeper meaning of lyrics.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: What does Killah Priest mean by:
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 03:21:32 PM »
There actually drawings of Jesus pre-15th Century, but the church declared that all images of Jesus was the image of God, and that it was blasphemy. In the 15th Century, the church then hired Michelangelo to paint a picture of him, and he used Cesare Borgia as his model, and since then Jesus has been white. If you want some early pictures of him, I posted some in an earlier thread, but I can drop some here too...

around 350AD

4th century

Side note, his name was actually Yoshua bin Yosef, not Jesus Christ. Jesus is a Greek name, even if you watch Passion of the Christ, they call him Yoshua.

The Overfiend

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »

Much like the riddle of the Sphinx,
the Scriptures present us with a conundrum:
a number of ancient stories about events and issues
that are entirely similar to everyday events unfolding
in the world today.

Maybe the World wasn't intended to grasp the prophets messages of equality and universalism as soon as they turned up: written and spoken word may only direct so far...because we live through our actions naturally.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »
Side note, his name was actually Yoshua bin Yosef, not Jesus Christ. Jesus is a Greek name, even if you watch Passion of the Christ, they call him Yoshua.

actually its Christ that was Greek, it means anointed. And bin Yosef just means son of joseph, i think we get the actual "Yoshua/Joshua/Ioshua" from the fact that Isaiah prohesised the Messiah as being called Yoshua. And also the fact that the  bible is the most widely incorrectly translated book in history.

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »
There actually drawings of Jesus pre-15th Century, but the church declared that all images of Jesus was the image of God, and that it was blasphemy. In the 15th Century, the church then hired Michelangelo to paint a picture of him, and he used Cesare Borgia as his model, and since then Jesus has been white. If you want some early pictures of him, I posted some in an earlier thread, but I can drop some here too...

around 350AD

4th century

Side note, his name was actually Yoshua bin Yosef, not Jesus Christ. Jesus is a Greek name, even if you watch Passion of the Christ, they call him
Yoshua.

Interesting..........................Is there any source?

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

ikke

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 03:39:44 AM »

actually its Christ that was Greek, it means anointed. And bin Yosef just means son of joseph, i think we get the actual "Yoshua/Joshua/Ioshua" from the fact that Isaiah prohesised the Messiah as being called Yoshua. And also the fact that the  bible is the most widely incorrectly translated book in history.
Starting with the apple eve ate.

Origininally the bible just said 'fruit' but when transelating the bible in latin they changed it to 'apple'.
Because apple in latin is mallus, which also means evil, they thought it would make a nice pun.

JAZ

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 04:21:08 AM »

actually its Christ that was Greek, it means anointed. And bin Yosef just means son of joseph, i think we get the actual "Yoshua/Joshua/Ioshua" from the fact that Isaiah prohesised the Messiah as being called Yoshua. And also the fact that the  bible is the most widely incorrectly translated book in history.

Origininally the bible just said 'fruit' but when transelating the bible in latin they changed it to 'apple'.
says who?

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

actually its Christ that was Greek, it means anointed. And bin Yosef just means son of joseph, i think we get the actual "Yoshua/Joshua/Ioshua" from the fact that Isaiah prohesised the Messiah as being called Yoshua. And also the fact that the  bible is the most widely incorrectly translated book in history.

Because apple in latin is mallus, which also means evil, they thought it would make a nice pun.
newer translations of the bible also have Moses as crossing the sea of reeds, not the Red Sea.